LIVERPOOL VS TRABZONSPOR - Thur 19/8/2010  19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby crim cram » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:16 pm

I'm watching philipp degen play out of his skin for Young boys right now.  If we can't get our squad players playing a europa league qualifier, what's the point of having them?  If Darby or Kelly is our back-up right back - let's give'm a go!
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:21 pm

It's not Phillip Degen - it's his twin brother
Benny The Noon

Postby crim cram » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:26 pm

oops! my bad :D  but from the looks of it we bought the wrong one!
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:09 am

Reg wrote:Tricky one as I agree with you we need to field a strong team but if those Turks come out and just kick us a few days before the Citeh game I wont be a happy man.

I´d put a strong team out and go héll for leather for 2 goals in the first 20 mins then take the foot off the pedal.

In fact I´d play the older players - The Greek, Fabio, maybe Aqualani, Phill Babb etc.. rather than the young lads.

Yeah Im with you Reg, very tricky this as I certainly dont want this comp treated like the league cup.

However the further we progress in this competition the more it will impact on our league campaign and UCL qualification for next season

Of course the fact I also depise Monday night matches as well has a big bearing
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:23 am

Anyone know where i can watch it in Australia? Anything helps :D
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:53 am

Thewaykokid wrote:Anyone know where i can watch it in Australia? Anything helps :D

use http://www.satfootball.com/ for TV listings.

If not use www.myp2p.eu for live streams
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:04 am

Off to Amsterdam early doors on Thursday morning so looking forward to watching this one in one of the bars, hope we don't make a hash of this one!!! Ideal opportunity to give the likes of Babel, Torres, Aurelio and Kuyt some much needed minutes. Obviously Joey Cole will play 90 minutes and I imagine we'll see a debut for Poulsen. Hoping to see a couple of the kids make the squad, I'd like to see Kelly get a start at RB and maybe the likes of Pachecho and Shelvey on the bench.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:03 am

Scottbot wrote:Off to Amsterdam early doors on Thursday morning so looking forward to watching this one in one of the bars, hope we don't make a hash of this one!!! Ideal opportunity to give the likes of Babel, Torres, Aurelio and Kuyt some much needed minutes. Obviously Joey Cole will play 90 minutes and I imagine we'll see a debut for Poulsen. Hoping to see a couple of the kids make the squad, I'd like to see Kelly get a start at RB and maybe the likes of Pachecho and Shelvey on the bench.

Agree very much with your sentiments about the game mate. Oh, and have a nice one in Amsterdam - I was there about a month ago and it's a great little city :)
JamCar05

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:46 am

take note of what Spurs have done last night and make sure we dont do the same lol

:laugh:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:46 am

Scottbot wrote:Off to Amsterdam early doors on Thursday morning so looking forward to watching this one in one of the bars, hope we don't make a hash of this one!!!

Interesting word association, Scott.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:48 am

Lee J wrote:take note of what Spurs have done last night and make sure we dont do the same lol

:laugh:

to be honest that game should put an end to this hype around harry.

what top manager would ever play one defensive midfielder in a 4-4-2 away from home in the champions league?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby petsi » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi friends,

First of all, i should let you know that i have great sympathy and respect to LFC side and espicially to glorious fans of the club. I feel that there will be a very friendly challenge between these two teams.

I'm a Tranbonspor (TS) fan, and i've been just registered to inform you who you are playing against.

TS have been champions for 6 times in Turkey and first team to win it after the big-three (Galatasaray-Fenerbahce-Besiktas) Istanbul clubs.

The most interesting side of this tie is that TS and LFC was tied in 76-77 season and TS won the first leg 1-0 at home, but lost 3-0 away. In that year LFC had been the champions of all competitions and the team that only beaten was TS the whole year. The GK of TS was Senol Gunes who is now the manager at Trabzonspor (He was also the manager to national team et 2002 world cup, where we grabbed the 3rd place at the tournament). He joined us for the 4th time as manager in January 10' and TS side have not been conceding more than 1 goal in a game since he joined us. After having joined us, TS achieved to win Turkish cup, beating Fenerbahce in final 3-1 and just 10 days ago the super cup beating the defending champion Bursaspor 3-0 thanks to hatrick performance by Teofilo.

Trabzonspor likes to play pass to feet and slow tempo football. Defence line is generally high and the team narrows area to the opponent in the middle. TS have the most creative mid players among the Turkish soccer teams, espicially Colman, Alanzinho and Yattara. We have also newly grabbed Jaja from Methalist who's an explosive striker but not performed for TS yet. Additionally, LFC should be careful on Umut's heading performance from aerial freekicks and corners.

LFC should improve the tempo and be careful on locking TS's key players in the middle. I wish a friendly challenging serie and hope that the best team wins it.

If you have question about TS, please ask it.
petsi

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:23 pm

give it time, it'll turn bitter :laugh:
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Need to win this by two or three clear goals, Turks are notorious poor travellers but the away leg will be a different kettle of fish.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:17 pm

liverpool fans... best in the world they say... ???

the guy comes on here and makes a friendly and informative post and look what kind of a response he gets.
Last edited by andy_g on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games