LIVERPOOL VS TRABZONSPOR - Thur 19/8/2010  19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby haps » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:26 pm

p.s. you can still shift out lucas for all i care.
haps

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:29 pm

haps wrote:don't be fooled - these were a very good team.  considering we were far from full strength, i think, in the end, we did well and showed a lot of character.  i won't lie to ya.  i couldn't give a tinker's p*ss for the europa league.  it brings in no money worth speaking of.  it has very limited prestige (tell me who won it two years ago?).  i want lfc to win everything they are entered in but i wouldn't have cried long about going out of this comp.  19 games to get to the final - do me a favour.  with our squad, we'd be dead in the league with that kind of itinerary, sodding off to the ars* end of nowhere every few weeks ...good result.  wish it had been monday night.  still, well played lads.  well done roy.  on to west brom and building some momentum and confidence.  it's going to be very tough this year but expect a couple of decent signings in the next few days and some improved confidence as the team learns a new way of playing.

Well look on the bright side, at least you'll get to see more Liverpool this season. :)
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:30 pm

Depending on how many of our 6 games we win, how many times we appear on TV, gate receipts, etc, we are probably going to earn 5Mil+ from being in the group stages. Might mean Roy can sign a player in the next couple of days.
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:38 pm

Shakter Donesk won it two years ago
Benny The Noon

Postby crim cram » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:09 pm

I would like to stay in the competition as long as possible.  I would love to win it, but not at the expense of League form.  If players like Lucas, Babel, N'gog, and some of the more promising young guns can keep us in the thing then that's o.k..  But if we have to play our best players week in week out we won't sniff the top four.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:23 pm

haps wrote:don't be fooled - these were a very good team. 

Man, the first line of your post was so funny, I could barely read the rest of the post....

A very good team - pmsl...

:laugh:  :laugh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:32 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
haps wrote:don't be fooled - these were a very good team. 

Man, the first line of your post was so funny, I could barely read the rest of the post....

A very good team - pmsl...

:laugh:  :laugh:

:D
LFC2007

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:04 pm

'Woys Wonders'...  the kings of europe reign supreme... bring on all comers......

:;):
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmy brighton » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:58 pm

Reg wrote:'Woys Wonders'...  the kings of europe reign supreme... bring on all comers......

Is that what you really think? Do you think we've gone that low. Do you really? You have no confidence at all with the present outfit (we all know it'll take a bit of time) at all? C'mon! Torres, Gerrard, Reina, Carra, Agger, Skirtel, Cole, Jovanovic, Lucas, Poulsen, Johnson, Kuyt, Kelly, Pacheco, Babel, (Masch's replacement/s). Really? What happens when that motley crue start playing together (think seaon before last, or are those levels now unobtainable?). The rest of the country seems to be weary of our new assembly and you, as a red, don't?
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:24 am

Well done !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:38 am

jimmy brighton wrote:
Reg wrote:'Woys Wonders'...  the kings of europe reign supreme... bring on all comers......

Is that what you really think? Do you think we've gone that low. Do you really? You have no confidence at all with the present outfit (we all know it'll take a bit of time) at all? C'mon! Torres, Gerrard, Reina, Carra, Agger, Skirtel, Cole, Jovanovic, Lucas, Poulsen, Johnson, Kuyt, Kelly, Pacheco, Babel, (Masch's replacement/s). Really? What happens when that motley crue start playing together (think seaon before last, or are those levels now unobtainable?). The rest of the country seems to be weary of our new assembly and you, as a red, don't?

If you reread the thread of the first half of teh game (before I had to go out) you'll get a pretty good impression of what people think and it aint pretty.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmy brighton » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:57 am

Reg wrote:
jimmy brighton wrote:

If you reread the thread of the first half of teh game (before I had to go out) you'll get a pretty good impression of what people think and it aint pretty.

Okay, agreed. But you expected more than that. Why? Because you know deep inside, we have the players to make this work so don't give up on them so easily. We have class in the squad. Fact. Just how many is up for debate. The season before last, at the beginning of the season we were no hopers. Nearly won the f*cking thing. Last season we were actually favourites and came up well short. Dont believe the hype la! We are as good as anyone on paper. Looking at the man city team next to ours I'd say we beat them man to man on all accounts bar maybe N'gog (and Lucas if your not a fan of his!).
And before you start talking about the bench..............
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:02 am

good win Roy. well done. We should use this competition to get some confidence back playing together. We got some new players and a new a manager using a new system. However, late on when the games will come thick and fast I would like us to concentrate on the league.

Use Pacheco more often too. And good news that Kuyt is staying.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:07 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Pacheco is also my mom just for his impact direct running and creativity

wow... I didn't know Pacheco was your mom...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:48 am

Ahhh, so it all worked out in the end.  Lovely.  I had faith that the lads we sent could ultimately see us through and so it proved.  Well in boys and nice one Roy. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games