LIVERPOOL VS SUNDERLAND 13/8/2011 - This is it. kennys real return

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby fivecups » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Happy enough. At least 6 of those players had never played for us a year ago. Great first half.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:14 pm

I think this team can really improve. But first we need to get new training coach on tackling and dribbling.
We were aweful trying to steal the ball from the opponents. Most of the time they managed to get away and create an opening.
When we have the ball, we can't penetrate and create openings for team mates to take advantage of.
For me this is the biggest problem we have in this team.
Now the players have problem holding on the ball. Fix it and we will be cruising.
Thinkpad

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Zidane wrote:Flanagan was really bad after the mistake on the goal, Carroll was tired toward the end he had to work way too hard today.  We played too many long balls.. AGAIN.  Enrique, Carra and Flanno all kept playing nothing but long balls we never really controlled the game even when we were playing well it was all sorts of chaos.  We were so bad in the second half, very disjointed everyone was on the wrong page.  We seemed to get very tired toward the end too, no one was working that hard apart from the subs that came on.  Carroll worked hard but we just can't expect to send him hoofs all the damn time.  We bypassed our midfield way too much it seemed, Adam and Lucas don't have that good of an understanding at the moment they seemed to be trying to cover the same man quite often.

Also, Flanno was really really bad.  Feel sorry for him but his confidence probably took a big hit today, nothing was going right for him in the second half.  As soon as I saw he and Henderson starting on the right I knew it was going to be a problem.  We needed Glen out there and Henderson isn't ready to take that spot from Dirk.

actually Enrique and Agger were the only players playing it short
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Still cant figure out how it all went pear shaped ??? i have never looked forward to a 2nd half so
much only to feel completely on a downer.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Reina - his ususal self. Couldn't do too much about the goal
Enrique - showed he is solid enough and composed to be our 1st choice lb
Agger - Ok I guess. Just don't think the Carra/Agger pairing is solid enough overall.
Carra - See above
Flanagan ok 1st half, not a single right in the 2nd half.
I do hope we we play someone better over a full season or we are in trouble.
Downing - Very good. Looks promising. Has a good left foot and a very good crosser of the ball.
Lucas - Oh, Lucas. He was pretty good 1st half, but in the 2nd half he went back into his puppy state.
Adam - Showed he has a good left foot and good vision but his tackling and defensive work was really poor throughout the whole game.
Henderson - potential, but not a player that will leave a mark this season. Overpaid!
Suarez - Excellent...as long as he had energy.
Caroll - Was pretty good I thought. He is very dependant on service and when crosses came in he most often was sniffing about.
Kuyt - did his usual stuff
Meireles - too little time to leave an impression
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:26 pm

crim cram wrote:
ForeverAugust wrote:All well and good saying we need time to gel....we just dropped 2 points, first game of the season..at home...against Sunderland. While we're gelling, the ones we need to keep pace with will win. So yeah, stumbled out of the blocks there.

Dowd is a d1ck. It always seems the same for us. Hard tackles against us are fine. Light tackles by us concede free kicks. *shrugs* That frustrates the players and ripples over the entire pitch. There were lots of plus points though. But already there is pressure. Already we NEED to beat Arsenal.

YNWA

Dowd always seem to get his hackles up after a controversial decision, usually overcompensating against the  team he shafted, happened again today.  Some kind of double reverse psychology bull$hit.

???

Sunderland should have gotten a red card so he makes it up to us by... Oh wait not calling Cattermole for that nasty challenge on Adam and not giving him a yellow that would have seen him off 2 minutes later?

Oh right, and then he disallowed the goal Carroll scored for no reason at all?

Not sure how that's overcompensation unless you're saying it's not a pen... And it clearly was... And clearly a red card.. And Carroll's goal was clearly a goal...

It was all one-way for Dowd today.  :censored: Liverpool, let's get sunderland some points!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Penguins » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:26 pm

mistyred wrote:Still cant figure out how it all went pear shaped ??? i have never looked forward to a 2nd half so
much only to feel completely on a downer.

Just didn't have enough energy in the tank, simple as.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:27 pm

ethanr wrote:
crim cram wrote:
ForeverAugust wrote:All well and good saying we need time to gel....we just dropped 2 points, first game of the season..at home...against Sunderland. While we're gelling, the ones we need to keep pace with will win. So yeah, stumbled out of the blocks there.

Dowd is a d1ck. It always seems the same for us. Hard tackles against us are fine. Light tackles by us concede free kicks. *shrugs* That frustrates the players and ripples over the entire pitch. There were lots of plus points though. But already there is pressure. Already we NEED to beat Arsenal.

YNWA

Dowd always seem to get his hackles up after a controversial decision, usually overcompensating against the  team he shafted, happened again today.  Some kind of double reverse psychology bull$hit.

???

Sunderland should have gotten a red card so he makes it up to us by... Oh wait not calling Cattermole for that nasty challenge on Adam and not giving him a yellow that would have seen him off 2 minutes later?

Not sure how that's overcompensation unless you're saying it's not a pen... And it clearly was... And clearly a red card.. And Carroll's goal was clearly a goal...

It was all one-way for Dowd today.  :censored: Liverpool, let's get sunderland some points!

Sure, Dowd, as usual didn't do us any favours, but please.
We ***** this one up fine on our own...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Played well in the first half. But looked a bit complacent in the 2nd half before they equalised. I notice most of the goals scored against us since the Guangdong pre season till now have been world class, wonder why?

Possession wise, we were all right but our finishing let us down. Downing was a virtual spectator in the 2nd half. Charlie Adam is my MOTM for Liverpool (should have let him take that penalty). Carroll, well just expect him to be an average striker not one who is worth 35 million otherwise you'll be disappointed.

We need 3 points against Arsenal at the Emirates, though that will be asking for the sky by the way we played today.
alwayslfc

Postby crim cram » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:31 pm

ethanr wrote:
crim cram wrote:

YNWA

???

that's what I mean he overcompensates AGAINST the team he's already shafted.  It happens all the time with this guy.  I didn't say I understood the logic (or lack of). :veryangry
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Gutted with the result...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:38 pm

crim cram wrote:
ethanr wrote:
crim cram wrote:

YNWA

???

that's what I mean he overcompensates AGAINST the team he's already shafted.  It happens all the time with this guy.  I didn't say I understood the logic (or lack of). :veryangry

Ahhhh  :D

I was like WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?!?

Haha, but yes I have noticed that too... It's like he screws somebody and shows his authority by continuing to screw them over and over again.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby only me » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Is it me or the players just look out of shape? Beside Downing which kept his pace the others just faded out as the game progressed. Physio anyone?

I thought we didn't play downing enough ,played long ball at carrol (which won almost every battle in the air) but with no one  supporting him. Anderson was active but in no way effective. And the Meireles sub was redundant put N'gog in he is your backup striker after all.

The team seems much more talented and in control. Some very nice passing of the ball ,but we are missing the bottom line. Could be our stamina at this stage ,thought the fans were also flat today. A shame we couldn't net a few more on the first half.

Ref was $hit ,no excuse for not sending richardson off.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:43 pm

only me wrote:Is it me or the players just look out of shape? Beside Downing which kept his pace the others just faded out as the game progressed. Physio anyone?

I thought we didn't play downing enough ,played long ball at carrol (which won almost every battle in the air) but with no one  supporting him. Anderson was active but in no way effective. And the Meireles sub was redundant put N'gog in he is your backup striker after all.

The team seems much more talented and in control. Some very nice passing of the ball ,but we are missing the bottom line. Could be our stamina at this stage ,thought the fans were also flat today. A shame we couldn't net a few more on the first half.

who the hell is anderson?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:46 pm

metalhead wrote:
only me wrote:Is it me or the players just look out of shape? Beside Downing which kept his pace the others just faded out as the game progressed. Physio anyone?

who the hell is anderson?

Sorry my bad Henderson....Excellent catch World of football saved  :)
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games