LIVERPOOL VS SUNDERLAND 13/8/2011 - This is it. kennys real return

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby anti-hero » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:00 pm

KingG wrote:Suarez shoulda scored the Pen ... end of story ... seasons come down to sh1t like that

:D  this.

i was laughing when he missed that penalty to be honest.

i REALLY could not believe it happened.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:00 pm

destro wrote:2 Points behind the run away leaders Bolton already, just not good enough. Kenny out !! :D Have you heard the way some of you are talking after one game. Get a grip !

well, one game can become two games, two games can become three games... but I still trust Kenny to turn this around... what I'm worried though is what I have pointed out: lack of world class players to up the tempo when needed when Gerrard's out...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:01 pm

I think Kenny got the second half wrong.

Enrique and Downing were developing a good combination there. I think moving Downing to the right, then the centre before shifting him right again was a mistake. Kuyt for Henderson was the right move, as was Mereiles for a tiring Suarez. But playing Mereiles on the left? With Downing and Kuyt on the field? He was being too cute.

I expected Kenny to start Kelly over Flano, but I thought that Flano had earnt his place after his and Kelly's respective preseasons, so I was happy to see him there over Kelly.

Henderson is obviously a good prospect, but he drifted into the centre far too much. I'd like to see him earnt a place off the bench, and playing in the centre in the Carling Cup games.

Hope to see Kelly and Kuyt starting on the right next week.

To look on the bright side, Enrique and Downing particularly impressed.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:01 pm

OptaJoe

6 - Andy Carroll had six shots off target today, more than any player managed in a single PL match last season. Awry.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Flanagan was really bad after the mistake on the goal, Carroll was tired toward the end he had to work way too hard today.  We played too many long balls.. AGAIN.  Enrique, Carra and Flanno all kept playing nothing but long balls we never really controlled the game even when we were playing well it was all sorts of chaos.  We were so bad in the second half, very disjointed everyone was on the wrong page.  We seemed to get very tired toward the end too, no one was working that hard apart from the subs that came on.  Carroll worked hard but we just can't expect to send him hoofs all the damn time.  We bypassed our midfield way too much it seemed, Adam and Lucas don't have that good of an understanding at the moment they seemed to be trying to cover the same man quite often.

Also, Flanno was really really bad.  Feel sorry for him but his confidence probably took a big hit today, nothing was going right for him in the second half.  As soon as I saw he and Henderson starting on the right I knew it was going to be a problem.  We needed Glen out there and Henderson isn't ready to take that spot from Dirk.
Zidane

Postby RedAnt » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:01 pm

All well and good saying we need time to gel....we just dropped 2 points, first game of the season..at home...against Sunderland. While we're gelling, the ones we need to keep pace with will win. So yeah, stumbled out of the blocks there.

Dowd is a d1ck. It always seems the same for us. Hard tackles against us are fine. Light tackles by us concede free kicks. *shrugs* That frustrates the players and ripples over the entire pitch. There were lots of plus points though. But already there is pressure. Already we NEED to beat Arsenal.

YNWA
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Just looking at our next run of games...we really needed to get three points today
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Impressed with Enrique, looked disciplined and a player who can help out the middle of defense, and can cross the ball.  That looks to be the best business of the Summer so far.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:03 pm

In the end though we really should have put that away in the first half, I had a feeling we'd fade as the game went on but didn't expect that.
Zidane

Postby tubby » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Posting from my phone so have to be short. In the end was a game of 2 halfs. :censored: poor penalty from Suarez. WTF was that!

Flanno was dogshite. Those who reckon he is already starting material need their head checked. We need to replace Carra too, get Cahill or someone in. Thought Henderson was average, Lucas too.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Polar opposite to the first half that was.

Wrong attitude and mentality saw we didn't pick up the fluidity from the first half.

Flanno, Lucas and Adam had poor second halves.

Then the inevitable came along - pumping long balls up to Carroll - gosh that's ugly!

One other thing that left me perplexed is; why the hell did Downing stay on the right and Kuyt on the left for so long in that game?

Interchanging positions is good, but these two made their opposite flanks their homes. Downing was more dangerous in the first half whipping in quality crosses for Carroll and Suarez to get on the end of. Instead we kept seeing both Kuyt and Downing cutting in on their favoured foots leaving us AGAIN with no width. Odd that.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby crim cram » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:06 pm

ForeverAugust wrote:All well and good saying we need time to gel....we just dropped 2 points, first game of the season..at home...against Sunderland. While we're gelling, the ones we need to keep pace with will win. So yeah, stumbled out of the blocks there.

Dowd is a d1ck. It always seems the same for us. Hard tackles against us are fine. Light tackles by us concede free kicks. *shrugs* That frustrates the players and ripples over the entire pitch. There were lots of plus points though. But already there is pressure. Already we NEED to beat Arsenal.

YNWA

Dowd always seem to get his hackles up after a controversial decision, usually overcompensating against the  team he shafted, happened again today.  Some kind of double reverse psychology bull$hit.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:08 pm

same old same old, not surprised anymore
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:10 pm

It's not so bad, we are 3rd in the league :D
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby parchpea » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:10 pm

Fair result in the end. We just ran out of gas and ideas simple as that after a bright first half but by the finish Sunderland could have won the game. We need Johnson back and pronto as young Flano had his first real bad one and we may need to consider sticking Carra over there depending how the lad responds in training. I felt Adam was one of our better players on the day and kept plugging away even when we had clearly shot our bolt.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games