Liverpool V Sunderland - Saturday 6th Dec KO: 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Thought we were poor again myself. For the best part we struggled to create anything and it was again late on before we even registered a shot on target. In the end we finished with their keeper only having to make 2 saves which is shocking for a side supposedly on the up, and having the home advantage.
We just about shaded them for possession and had far more goal attempts so probably should have scraped it in the end but our lack of quality up front is killing us.
Not much improvement if any at all for me and its resorted to kick and rush.
We will need to be much better than that for Basle as we won't qualify with a draw.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:17 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:00 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:17 pm wrote:I don't care what anyone says we have been incredibly unlucky to lose Sturridge for basically half a season, okay he does have a bit of a propensity to pick up knocks easily but normally he's usually back within a couple of weeks, this prolonged spell has just come at the wrong time.

In pre season I wrote tha BR deserves to be sacked if he doesn't bring a world class striker ,and that is because it was evident as sun light ,at least to me, that Daniel will get hurt because he does and we will be left to dry and guess what Daniel got hurt and we are left with our pants off....now if a top manager can't spot this in advance then well maybe he isn't that good of manager...

Other then that what depressed me the most wasn't the result but how pathetic we look as a football team...I mean I look at teams beneath us even Sunderland today and I see a FOOTBALL team players which KNOW what to do with the ball ,have an idea how to stand how to run where to pass and we on the other hand look clueless stupid pathetic...Yes effort is there but oh can find effort in any of four leagues that's not enough for an LFC Team. It currently looks like a dark void which that idiot of a manager calls a good effort performance.

Things are gradually going in the right direction though mate, we have definitely shored the defence up with the reintroduction of Lucas (he had 7 tackles, 6 interceptions and 12 ball recoveries today) and as poor as this particular performance was our last 3 league games read P3 W2 D1 L0, yes it's frustrating to draw at home against Sunderland but not as frustrating as watching us get our @rses kicked by the likes of Palace, West Ham and Villa.

From the match stats on flashscore it shows lucas was by far our most involved player today with 95 passes and a 88.8% success rate. The next was henderson with 50 passes and 78% success. They were the 2 highest passers of the ball today for us so just shows how far removed we have become from the football of last season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Defensively we looked sound enough ,but when your team sheet includes Lambert as a lone striker then the outcome is going to be heavily reliant on a team performance
in sync with one another's game ,when currently there is little coherence between the players making our overall play disordered.

For me playing Sterling in the position Rodgers plays him in is simply aiding the opposition in successfully negating any threat his ability and pace carries ,his game
became far less erratic and wasteful when Markovic was introduced and he was afforded the opportunity to interchange with a player of similar pace.

Lucas was once again our best performer and his reading of an opponents game is up there with Makelele ,our improvement from a defensive aspect has been marked.
I just wish we could start a game with the same vigour and zeal we apply in the last 15 mins.
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:09 am

We are snookered in terms of strategy because if we go out to keep a clean sheet we don't have enough to score and if we set out to attack
the side concedes goals so we have absolutely no balance overall.

The team let goals in last season but nobody, and I mean nobody, could stop us from scoring so we just out scored EVERYONE but without
Suarez and Strurridge we are nothing, mid table ish fodder.

Rodgers wants to attack and so he was in his  element last season, everything in sync, but now he is left bewildered trying to win games without
any teeth in the forward line.

If we cant beat Sunderland then it will be difficult to break down Basel and our season could be all but over next week.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:45 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:17 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:00 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:17 pm wrote:I don't care what anyone says we have been incredibly unlucky to lose Sturridge for basically half a season, okay he does have a bit of a propensity to pick up knocks easily but normally he's usually back within a couple of weeks, this prolonged spell has just come at the wrong time.

In pre season I wrote tha BR deserves to be sacked if he doesn't bring a world class striker ,and that is because it was evident as sun light ,at least to me, that Daniel will get hurt because he does and we will be left to dry and guess what Daniel got hurt and we are left with our pants off....now if a top manager can't spot this in advance then well maybe he isn't that good of manager...

Other then that what depressed me the most wasn't the result but how pathetic we look as a football team...I mean I look at teams beneath us even Sunderland today and I see a FOOTBALL team players which KNOW what to do with the ball ,have an idea how to stand how to run where to pass and we on the other hand look clueless stupid pathetic...Yes effort is there but oh can find effort in any of four leagues that's not enough for an LFC Team. It currently looks like a dark void which that idiot of a manager calls a good effort performance.

Things are gradually going in the right direction though mate, we have definitely shored the defence up with the reintroduction of Lucas (he had 7 tackles, 6 interceptions and 12 ball recoveries today) and as poor as this particular performance was our last 3 league games read P3 W2 D1 L0, yes it's frustrating to draw at home against Sunderland but not as frustrating as watching us get our @rses kicked by the likes of Palace, West Ham and Villa.

How i wish i shared your optimism Mate but for me their is no progress...Rather a small success in scratching and clawing few positives results against poor teams. And again it's not the result that depressed me it's the performance ,it's how stupid we looked chasing Sunderland players ,how pathetic we looked trying to move the ball forward ,players being stupid ,manager idiotic tactics ,it's a total disaster. And don't kid yourself ,our results will match our performance it's only a matter of time till we find ourselves in much lower position then today. (unless January brings some kind of change).
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:21 am

A win changes the majority of fans opinions on the sides performance and to win games you have to be able to score goals.

At this present moment you struggle to see where the goals will come from until DS comes back

Lambert can not play the system we play m sure I could name a striker from every other team in the league that could take Lamberts place and improve us and when QPR, Burnley and WBa havea better stike forcethen ours thats a low point

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:14 pm

Our attacks make me cringe....passing the ball side to side...then back to the defence...then back to the midfield...then side to side...then back to the defence....then back to midfield...

We're so short of ideas, it's embarrassing.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:49 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:14 pm wrote:Our attacks make me cringe....passing the ball side to side...then back to the defence...then back to the midfield...then side to side...then back to the defence....then back to midfield...

To be fair it can be tough breaking down a packed, well organised defence but you need to use your loaf, as you say it's pointless passing the ball around ad infinitum in midfield if the opposition are just sitting there and refusing to come out, by endlessly knocking it around your doing nothing but wasting your own time.
Shooting from range can be a good tactic to break down stubborn defences, In the past we've had the likes of Gerrard, Alonso and Riise who could all strike a ball from distance and before his career threatening groin injury Gerrard in particular was great at striking a ball from 25 yards out with a lot of accuracy, the only problem for us though is that no one in our current set up can hit a barn door from ten paces, every time someone shapes up to put their foot through it you just know it's either going to end up in row z or trickle along the floor into the keepers arms at about 2mph.
I don't know if it's because of these modern balls or what but the standard of shooting from range is about as bad as I've ever seen it, I'd say about 80% of shots from distance miss the target by more than 10 yards.
Depressing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:49 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:14 pm wrote:Our attacks make me cringe....passing the ball side to side...then back to the defence...then back to the midfield...then side to side...then back to the defence....then back to midfield...

To be fair it can be tough breaking down a packed, well organised defence but you need to use your loaf, as you say it's pointless passing the ball around ad infinitum in midfield if the opposition are just sitting there and refusing to come out, by endlessly knocking it around your doing nothing but wasting your own time.
Shooting from range can be a good tactic to break down stubborn defences, In the past we've had the likes of Gerrard, Alonso and Riise who could all strike a ball from distance and before his career threatening groin injury Gerrard in particular was great at striking a ball from 25 yards out with a lot of accuracy, the only problem for us though is that no one in our current set up can hit a barn door from ten paces, every time someone shapes up to put their foot through it you just know it's either going to end up in row z or trickle along the floor into the keepers arms at about 2mph.
I don't know if it's because of these modern balls or what but the standard of shooting from range is about as bad as I've ever seen it, I'd say about 80% of shots from distance miss the target by more than 10 yards.
Depressing.

Gerrard likes to shoot with the laces... maybe the modern balls move too wild for these kind of shots. If you look at Messi's goals he seem to be passing it in or curling the ball in with technique... alot of his shots are also from outside the box... he seems to be having fun with these modern balls...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:50 pm

I reckon in training it's all about pass, pass, pass and not enough on shooting, set pieces etc all of which are abysmal this season.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games