LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby CHAMPION » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:05 pm

redmikey wrote:Good game dominated by the reds

wasn't a red card but bowyer is a c##t anyway

gutted owen got booed . gerrard has just said on sky sports that mikey is a ledgend and if it s good enough for him and carra then some people on here should get a grip.

good to see the boys play like we owned the place and in no danger of losing all in all   happy days:D :D :D

:nod                                                                              WELL SAID LID!        :buttrock
5 TIMES BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHAMPION

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:42 pm

:D Hello
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ldhawan » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:26 pm

Oh what a game. We definitely dominated from start to finish. We shoulda put 4-5 away but still what a game!! Bowyer is such a dumb :censored:! Feel sorry for Owen though. He now knows fully what he left behind after his old side totally dominated him, Valencia style! We should definitely be able to handle Everton at this rate so no worries. Rock on Reds!!
ldhawan

Postby Lionheart » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:31 pm

redmikey wrote:gutted owen got booed .

I think a lot of people were hurt by the way in which MO left LFC. This was there first real opportunity to vent that frustration and disappointment.

By the same token, I believe that most supporters see the lad as a quality striker and would welcome him back if the cards were to fall that way (I don't think we would pay anywhere near what Newcastle did and hence the opportunity for him to return is extremely limited).

MO would and rightly should, receive the same 'welcome' that ANY striker returning to the club that raised him. Even Owen would understand that. Yeah, he may be disappointed but he knows it's part of the game. After all, he isn't stupid.

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:55 pm

IN RAFA WE TRUST
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GunGod » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:58 pm

A.B. wrote:This is a biased opinion, but he made a poor challenge on a player that was on the ground and the ref already called for a free-kick. Afterwards  he smiled about it, and thats what caused a Gerrard reaction.

Hmm..I think what caused a 'gerrard reaction' was actually when he saw Shearer shove one of our guys. He shoved him back in return and it was really interesting seeing that noboby in our team seems to give Shearer any respect considering he was once the England captain. Even Carragher waved him away when he heard what Shearer said to the ref.

How we played today was absolutely beautiful. Slick one touch passings in midfield and a solid defence. I would think that Xabi had a poor game today, as did Garcia. Kewell did well here and there but wasted 3 good opportunities in a row to put in a good cross. Gerrard and Hypia were awesome, with the latter gobbling up everything in the air as usual.

As for Bowyer, to be honest I dont feel that that's a red card, probably a yellow. Crouch didn't deserve a red (yellow yes)because his shove looked bad only because Bowyer fell over like he was struck by a truck. Still, he shouldn't have done that because opposition players make the most out of such contacts and he could have been sent off on any other day.

Last note, Souness is an absolutely horrible manager. I don't think anyone else in the league wants him as manager except for Freddy Shepherd. I remember in a prior game he rushed Emre and Luque back into action when they haven't fully recovered and both of them got injured again in the same match. Today he rushed Taylor back and aggravated his shoulder injury yet again. Just what kind of manager is he? If I'm a player I would have absolutely no trust in him as a manager.
GunGod

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:01 am

moment of truth soon!
20 minutes to go to see if liverpool are more or less last on MOTD! :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:06 am

i still think we will be about 4th on
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:09 am

i reckon we'll be fairly early on cause all of the hype over owens return
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:23 am

Chelsea first... now theres a shock..........not
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:23 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:moment of truth soon!
20 minutes to go to see if liverpool are more or less last on MOTD! :D

Was just thinking that myself ,  tho i think we will be 2nd or 3rd .

When i saw Owens face as the teams lined up today i thought he looked pensive and went to clap when YNWA finished but stopped himself and just put his hands together, if ever there was a man full of regret it was Owen today at Anfield.

It felt today that Newcastle were playing with only ten men from the start as Owen clearly wasnt up for the game , and after the superb passing today and the way Liverpool dominated the match i really do feel he wished he was part of Liverpool still.

I couldnt decide if it was Liverpool playing outstandingly today or Newcastle being woeful , my kid brother decided it was a bit of both and i tend to agree with him on that . Our midfield dominated the whole game  and the passing was superb .
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby liamac » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:24 am

drummerphil wrote:Chelsea first... now theres a shock..........not

Typical of the beeb Phil
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:24 am

As anyone read or heard any post match comments from Owen......
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:25 am

has anyone it should be
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:31 am

Havent seen anything , but no doubt there will be "qoutes" from a close sourse in the papers tommorow
liamac
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games