Newcastle vs Liverpool 27/08 16:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:28 pm

I can't believe it. Nunez starts from now on.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:28 pm

Darwin finally goes past 1st gear...3 unexpected points
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:29 pm

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:30 pm

fook NEW and their oil money, and their owners who stone and behead people !
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:30 pm

Darwin you beauty, been saying Klopp should play him
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welshwizard » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:41 pm

Welshwizard » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:41 pm wrote:Bewildered with no Nunez again starting 80m star player expected big things this season and believe he will score lots needs to play down middle with Gakpo on bench Diaz left and Salah right ffs
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:48 pm

Well that was jammy.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:49 pm

Newcastle didn’t believe they could beat us, get in lads fantastic win and really pleased for Nunez
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:57 pm

I still can't believe what I saw.

Great performance from Nunez. But we have some big issues in this team and we desperately need some big signings.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:01 pm

That was a mugging.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:10 pm

Worth saying Klopp got his subs bang on today.

Elliott and Jota had an immediate impact and steadied the ship. Then Quansah and Nunez gave us the attacking edge we desperately needed.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:46 pm

To be fair Newcastle are a team of big and strong players, skillful and well organized. They are the PL’s Atletico, the ultimate negative football team. Beating them after going one down and our best defender red carded was a real achievement. I’m so happy we beat them.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:58 pm

Gordon fouled Trent but with the new rules throwing the ball away is just immature/stupid. An experienced player who is vice captain shouldn't be putting himself and the team under pressure like that. Trent should have got a second yellow so we got lucky there. Another brain fart for the goal. Buying new players or changing the system isn't going to resolve the number of individual errors we keep making.

van Djik shouldn't have seen red. It wasn't a particularly bad foul, van Djik stayed on his feet and got ball, and from there Isak is going to try and beat Ali from a tight angle on his weaker foot with very little of the goal showing.

Thought it was a bit of a chess match early on and we managed to stop them developing any real momentum in front of their fans. I actually thought we started to play better and take care of the ball well after the sending off. Not sure why we can't do that more often and stop giving the ball away so cheaply.

But in the 2nd half they took control and some of our players naturally started to tire. Thought all of the subs made a positive change to the game. With Newcastle being an attacking side, us going down to 10 men and being pinned back, and a big pitch, all resulting in plenty of space in behind, it was a situation made for Nunez.  He's got so much going for him but he also has some key areas of weakness he needs to work on before he can realistically be seen as the long term number 9. If he can improve his pressing, and take care of the ball/link the play better, he'll be an absolute monster. Next week we play Villa at Anfield. Emery likes to sit deep and hurt teams on the counter. The pattern of the game should be us pinning them back and being patient as we try to work openings while not giving them too many opportunities to counter. It's exactly the sort of game Nunez isn't suited to on paper. But he will need to be given opportunities in these sort of games to show that his rough edges are improving so hopefully he starts.

We got a tough hand with Chelsea and Newcastle being our first two away games. 4 points from them and a home win is a good start to the season.

Up the reds!
Eagle

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:56 pm

kazza » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:46 pm wrote:To be fair Newcastle are a team of big and strong players, skillful and well organized. They are the PL’s Atletico, the ultimate negative football team. Beating them after going one down and our best defender red carded was a real achievement. I’m so happy we beat them.

After the red I thought we going to see a battering here. Thankfully we kept our composure and make the right sub choices.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:45 pm

Nunez, Nunez  :bowdown

Great result and a comeback to remember. It's a good reminder that the mentality monsters might be down but not out. I also thought we'd get battered after the red, but I'm glad our boys had it in them to come back and win it with a man down. Hopefully this result will give us a big confidence boost and we go on a winning run.

To be honest, although we weren't great with the ball most of the game, tactically I thought we were spot on. The low block worked great today and Newcastle were trying the ball over the top all evening but that ball was never on because of how deep we were this time. The subs were also great obviously. Credit where it's due, Klopp got this right all around.

All in all, great result, apart from the fact that this red won't be overturned and Virgil will miss the next 3 games, but I'd take that for the 3 points.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games