LIVERPOOL VS BURNLEY - Saturday september 12th 15.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby heimdall » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:08 am

Greavesie wrote:spurs are w@nk

Yeah they were :censored: against us as well.  :Oo:

As for us, I though we played a really good match today, fantastic to see that we don't need Nando playing to win a match

yes I know he was in the team but he had a horrible game.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 am

Igor Zidane wrote:By the way , did anyone think that Vorinin was going to score that sitter? :no

I can't actually recall Voronin having a sitter, I actually thought he played fairly well when he came on.
heimdall

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:18 am

heimdall wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:By the way , did anyone think that Vorinin was going to score that sitter? :no

I can't actually recall Voronin having a sitter, I actually thought he played fairly well when he came on.

He was through on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat mate. :D
account deleted by request

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:55 am

Liverpool 4 Burnley 0: match report
Read a full report of the Premier League match between Liverpool and Burnley at Anfield on Saturday Sept 12 2009, kick-off 15.00 BST.

By Rory Smith at Anfield

Slowly, the haze is lifting, the wounds are healing.

Liverpool’s woes are well-documented, their early season troubles endlessly picked apart. They may have been written off as title contenders from inside and out, but if their last win, against Bolton, showed their spirit, this destruction of Burnley detailed their class. Rafa Benitez’s side are not yet finished.

Sport on television Owen Coyle’s underdogs started with the vim and vigour of the eager debutantes, clearly intent on making an impression on this grandest, oldest of stages.

They harried their hosts for possession, their tackles bit and, through Martin Paterson, they possessed a striker not afraid to sting Pepe Reina’s fingertips.

Liverpool, their nerves frayed after their uncertain start to the season, struggled to find a rhythm and, for 20 minutes at least, Burnley, the eternal underdogs, stood toe to toe with Benitez’s team.

After that, though, the visitors’ energy dimmed as the size of their task became clear. Kuyt called Jensen into action, forcing a smart save low to the Dane’s right, before Fernando Torres curled a 25-yard effort just over and Gerrard

Benítez knows his team are yet, truly, to impress this season, but their Xabi Alonso hangover is gradually wearing off.

Kuyt’s industry once more has purpose, the runs of Yossi Benayoun – who headed just wide from Emiliano Insua’s cross before collecting Glen Johnson’s ball, jinking past Graham Alexander and sliding the ball past Jensen to open the scoring – more direction.

That goal, a move of slick precision, seemed to remind Liverpool of the quality which, for all the criticism of their early season form, still swells their ranks.

Benayoun almost made it two a minute later, before Kuyt tapped home the second an excellent counter attack involving Torres and Insua after Jensen spilt the Israeli’s shot. The goal came from a Burnley corner.

Burnley, for all their application, never looked likely to recover, not with rediscovered confidence coursing through Liverpool’s veins.

The third, after a low-key start to the second half, was of greater quality still, Torres clipping the ball through to the onrushing Gerrard, who squared for the unmarked Benayoun at the far post.

The 28-year-old was not finished. He had one ruled out for offside before collecting Andriy Voronin’s through ball and slotting past Jensen for his second hat-trick for Liverpool.

As much as the excellence of Gerrard and Torres shone through during the Anfield club’s title challenge last season, and as influential as Xabi Alonso was, it was Benayoun’s sudden explosion in form which provided the catalyst to their challenge. Benítez will be hoping history can repeat itself.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:58 am

Torres and Johnson looked tired for the majority of the game and I felt like Lucas played a great game that kinda went unnoticed.  Yossi MOTM and Stevie had a great second half, not so much in the first though.  Everyone else played well, we looked really good reminded me of when we knocked four past Stoke.  It's just frustrating that the players kinda doubt things at the moment it seems like Xabi leaving impacted everyone more than we would have liked and has been a bit of a setback with the mood of the team.  I feel we're still capable of winning the title but the players need to believe it deep down or I just can't see it happening. :(

Anyway that was fun to watch, played some lovely football today.
Zidane

Postby Owzat » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:09 am

They came to Anfield to play football and got taught a footballing lesson, not by our Stevie G but by our Yossi B. Kamikazee might best describe Burnley, you might give them credit for not parking the bus but the league is about points and they won't win many at the big clubs if they don't adapt their approach. Could have been more but frankly I'd have saved players for midweek, I see Rafa didn't make any changes until the 64th minute as usual as if one change in say the 55th minute might have cost us a 2-0 lead and dominance.

re spudz, they hadn't won any games they didn't win in the corresponding games last season. Some spudz fan didn't get why I quote that kind of stat, but it shows that their form was more to do with the quality of opposition than them being the best team in the league. They didn't beat the mancs in any game last season, they quite often do well but only draw or lose. So now they are worse off than in the corresponding fixtures last season, won at Hull, West Ham, home to us this season and last, but drew at home to the mancs last season.

We're now two points worse off after five games, need to convert this into a winning run. Corresponding fixtures last season we are one point worse off, same as spudz. Reason for quoting corresponding fixtures is you can simply have an easier opening set so

CORRESPONDING FIXTURES 08/09 vs 09/10

Man City 08/09 P3 W1 D1 L1 PTS 4
Man City 09/10 P3 W3 D0 L0 PTS 9 (+5)

Chelsea 08/09 P4 W2 D2 L0 PTS 8
Chelsea 09/10 P4 W4 D0 L0 PTS 12 (+4)

Man Utd 08/09 P3 W1 D2 L0 PTS 5
Man Utd 09/10 P3 W3 D0 L0 PTS 9 (+4)

Arsenal 08/09 P4 W1 D2 L1 PTS 7
Arsenal 09/10 P4 W3 D0 L1 PTS 9 (+2)

Liverpool 08/09 P4 W2 D1 L1 PTS 7
Liverpool 09/10 P4 W2 D0 L2 PTS 6 (-1)

Tottenham 08/09 P4 W3 D1 L0 PTS 10
Tottenham 09/10 P4 W3 D0 L1 PTS 9 (-1)

Citeh and the mancs are both five points better off, not so worrying with Citeh as they were 22 points adrift of a CL place last season so have a lot of catching up to do. A lot might have read that defeat yesterday as a sign Citeh 'have arrived' but they won 3-0 at COMS last season in the corresponding fixture. The mancs have picked up more points this season, but it might as well just be one more than last season given they didn't play Burnley but did mop up the newly promoted sides and most of the teams in the bottom 12 places.

Chelsea are the concern, lucky f'ers. Getting TWELVE minutes of stoppage time, scoring at the point in stoppage time each half that a lot of games might not even reach. Maybe good reffing for allowing plenty of time, but shouldn't the other refs too who usually stick to three minutes regardless?
Last edited by Owzat on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:22 am

Oh dear, I am sure Ronaldo is absolutly gutted why do this as a Liverpool fan? Its feckin embarresing

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:26 am

woof woof ! wrote:Don't think a midfield pairing of Mash and Lucas offers any creativity.

Me neither and it was a blessing in disguise that Masch didnt play yesterday think we would have drawed, one or the other, Lucas or Masch against sh!t teams no need for two holding midfielders against them at Anfield.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:01 am

I just watched the re run of the game, and moving Gerrard back into central midfield was hugely influencial. As per usual he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch, and even thoguh Lucas contributed precisely the same as he had in the previous matches it didn't overly matter as Gerrard provided what was missing.

Unfortunately you couldn't draw any really firm conclusions as Burnley were/are so poor (how the feck did they beat the Mancs :laugh:) but the performance of the captain has surely ensured that he must play there at least until Aquilani is fit.

On a couple of side notes, it's the first time I've seen Deggen play and I wasn't missing much, whilst N'Gog continues to convince me that he'll never ever be good enough.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:02 am

Ciggy wrote:Oh dear, I am sure Ronaldo is absolutly gutted why do this as a Liverpool fan? Its feckin embarresing

Cigg was that one of our fans with that on the back of his shirt.
what a beaut if it was , now you can understand why people are getting fed up. DEGRADING US
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:10 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Oh dear, I am sure Ronaldo is absolutly gutted why do this as a Liverpool fan? Its feckin embarresing

Cigg was that one of our fans with that on the back of his shirt.
what a beaut if it was , now you can understand why people are getting fed up. DEGRADING US

Yer the new black shirt he was in the main stand yesterday  feckin meff WHY? just WHY? :no

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:16 am

That is outrageous. its as bad as the new sign theve put up . welcome to all the Burnley fans . feck off , yeh right when we play the mancs an the bitters . lets welcome them an all ey . lets just tell them they can sing there nast malicios songs, we dont mind.

This club is getting worse
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:32 am

I do worry over Torres and Johnson, both look like they could do with a sleep at half time.
The problem is if you give the more training to get them more fit you risk them getting hurt when they are doing it, and if you dont you risk them getting hurt during the game.
Torres looks tired in the mind more than his body.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:12 pm

I've only watched the extended higlights on lfc.tv but it looked like a decent performance. Stevie was excellent, especially after the game opened up a bit and he had some space to roam in midfield. I'd also love to see him stay in the middle for the time being, people talk about his partnership with Torres but the partnership is still there even if the Captain plays a deeper role. Think how many goals Gerrard set-up for Owen from that midfield birth? Great to see Yossi get a run out in the free role, he's such a clever player and he has the guille and intelligence to do some damage from that position. I still think we look a little suspoect at the back but it was nice to get a clean sheet.
Last edited by Scottbot on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:27 pm

s@int wrote:
heimdall wrote:

He was through on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat mate. :D

hmm, how did I miss that? Was it right at the end of the match?
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games