Liverpool  vs Burnley Sun 12th March 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Mikz » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:21 pm wrote:Right 2 banks of 4..see how they like it

We need to wind them up. I can see one of them getting red carded at this rate. It's the only way to beat these guys
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Lucas on to give Burnley real hope, whatever happens weve been very poor today and this could easily end up a draw.

Just a good shot from Can the difference in a game thats been bereft of any quality, our leading lights anonymous.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:55 pm

An ugly win, but a win nonetheless!  We're now 5 points ahead of Arsenal and 6 ahead of Manure, albeit with 2 extra games played.

The pressure is now on those below us to win or the gap from 4th to 5th will stay at 5 points  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Poor game to watch and mafe hard work of it but a vital 3 points towards top 4.

City away next up but we usually save our best for those games, United 6 point adrift of us with 2 games in hand be weve the points in the bag and only have this fight to concentrate on.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:04 pm

parchpea » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:56 pm wrote:Poor game to watch and mafe hard work of it but a vital 3 points towards top 4.

City away next up but we usually save our best for those games, United 6 point adrift of us with 2 games in hand be weve the points in the bag and only have this fight to concentrate on.

Everyone around us has a LOT of games to play. Manure, for example, have 3 games in the next 7 days. Arsenal also have to play West Brom away and then Man City. 

A win over City next week could kick start our end of season run.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Poor game to watch and mafe hard work of it but a vital 3 points towards top 4.

parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:19 pm

I suppose the only good thing you could say about that game is despite yet again playing shyte against one of the lesser lights for once we actually managed to come away with the points.
A few weeks ago we would have lost that match so credit to the players for not throwing the towel in when we went one down.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Don't know how we managed to win this one. Crucial 3 points for us.
Seemed like the lads were nervous or something.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Glad we saw that out, which is an improvement on some games against this sort of side, but it was a horror show of a performance.

Can man of the match?! He was a liability goal aside. Lapped out of challenges and positionally horrific first half. Passing average as usual.

Coutinho was anonymous throughout and Lallana was too first half. Klavan never looked comfortable and neither did Matip.

Mane and Wijnaldum were the only two who looked like they wanted to win that game, the rest were so passive.

The bench said it all. Woodburn and Wilson our only attacking options. Neither has started a premier league game. This squad needs serious strengthening in the summer and Klopp surely knows it. We were 3 players off our strongest 11, only 3, Hendo, Lovren and Firmino, and we barely coped.

Hopefully we turn up v City, and no doubt we will. In the meantime someone please stick a rocket up Coutinho's @rse and wake him up. Is it the injury that's taken the edge off him? Or the nice big contract? He needs to start playing like the top player we know he can be.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:01 pm

JC_81 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:56 pm wrote:Glad we saw that out, which is an improvement on some games against this sort of side, but it was a horror show of a performance.

Can man of the match?! He was a liability goal aside. Lapped out of challenges and positionally horrific first half. Passing average as usual.

Coutinho was anonymous throughout and Lallana was too first half. Klavan never looked comfortable and neither did Matip.

Mane and Wijnaldum were the only two who looked like they wanted to win that game, the rest were so passive.

The bench said it all. Woodburn and Wilson our only attacking options. Neither has started a premier league game. This squad needs serious strengthening in the summer and Klopp surely knows it. We were 3 players off our strongest 11, only 3, Hendo, Lovren and Firmino, and we barely coped.

Hopefully we turn up v City, and no doubt we will. In the meantime someone please stick a rocket up Coutinho's @rse and wake him up. Is it the injury that's taken the edge off him? Or the nice big contract? He needs to start playing like the top player we know he can be.

3 points, great to win ugly instead of losing ugly but we were Sh*t. Coutinho is so far away from the magician of the start of the season, I thought Mane was way below par, Lallana hardly involved at all. Origi did well, I like Matip and Woodburn was twice the player Coutinho was when he came on so some positives.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:45 am

a good result. shaky performance. I think Lucas time is up. He was so unfocussed when he came on. At one instance he wasnt paying attention to a pass to him and lost the ball and almost resulted in Burnley's counter attack when we were pressing high. As you know lately that kinda thing will result in us conceding more often than not.

I'm starting to like Wijnaldum. He seem to have guts. Can just blows hot and cold but it was a very good winner by him. Reminded me of stevie's goals.

We seriously need strenghthening in the summer...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:55 am

Couts has been off form since coming back from injury. Im sure he will gain momentum again.
Yup Cans goal was very well taken so was Wijnaldums goal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdhaIZkpomk

In 5 years time apart from Countinho and Mane, you'll struggle to remember the names of any of the other players.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:56 am

Was it luck or just determination that got us 3 points ? Don't know but this is exactly what I want to see, save the fireworks for the big boys and just grind out results against the rest. Do that and we can't complain.

Although the current state of our squad is a major concern for next season, it looks like all bones and no meat. Very brittle bones at that!
killerp

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:37 am

killerp » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:56 am wrote:Was it luck or just determination that got us 3 points ? Don't know but this is exactly what I want to see, save the fireworks for the big boys and just grind out results against the rest. Do that and we can't complain.

Although the current state of our squad is a major concern for next season, it looks like all bones and no meat. Very brittle bones at that!

Only problem about grinding out results against minnows is that after Everton we will be facing them.
We can't always keep on winning "ugly".
A few times is fine but majority of the time we need to despatch these sides.
Had burnley got a 2-0 lead there was no chance of us coming back.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games