Man Utd V Liverpool - Saturday 12th September 5.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:23 am

This could be an interesting match for both managers, win and it takes takes the heat of you for a while, lose and the focus is very much on you

We will be without Coutinho (suspended), Lallana (injured), Henderson (injured) and Benteke is said to be "not 100% fit" with a thigh problem, as expected this match also comes to soon for Sturridge

Does the manager keep with his beloved Lovren or bring Sakho back in alongside Skrtel ?

Firmino will surely play a pivotal role, especially with Countino being out

I would like to see Ings given a fair crack of the whip, he looks a decent, pacey little player
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:02 am

I'd stick Firmino in, Ings up front and Sahko alongside Skrtel.

These are dog sh!t, lets batter them in their own back yard.

Mancutd 1 LFC 3 (Ings 2, Milner)
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Is Benteke fit ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:48 pm

I really hope we get something out of this match.
I think we will see Ings play on this one.
I don't feel optimistic with this one however got a slight glitch will get a point.
1-1.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:36 pm

I think he is mate, the Echo said the other day he was taken off at HT for Belgium as a precaution, he should be fit to play the weekend.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:39 am

I wouldnt starts Ings for this one. I dont think he offers anything that Benteke doesnt and if anything I expect him to follow in the footsteps of Balotelli, Aspas, Lambert, Carroll, Borini, etc. 

I said in a different thread that we should go for an attacking formation and look to outscore the opposition as a gameplan. Something similar to what we did when we had Suarez around. Well, scrap that for this fixture.

I'd go with 2 banks of 4 with Firmino playing behind Benteke. Look to hit them on the counter.

Mignolet

Clyne
Skrtel
Sakho
Gomez

Milner
Henderson
Lucas
Ibe/Moreno

Firmino
Benteke
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:47 am

Neither Henderson nor Lallana trained today and Sturridge some way off
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:35 pm

I'll be down on my knees praying as usual.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:36 pm wrote:

I think he is mate, the Echo said the other day he was taken off at HT for Belgium as a precaution, he should be fit to play the weekend.

Cheers Yakka.
After the sturridge debacle during those corresponding fixtures last season I'd hope our medical staff are a little more pro-active in communicating with their International counterparts regarding injuries to our guys. It isn't like Belgium are short of options either so I hope his withdrawal was tactical rather than him not being 100%.
I know all the players want to play in these games to make sure they are included in the squad that goes to the finals but I would like to see us run the rule over players that the club feels are at risk of injury beforehand.

Anyway I don't think I have ever seen a Manure V Liverpool fixture with such a late Kick off  :D  Should make one hell of an atmosphere because everyone will be half tanked  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:08 pm

As usual can see us battering their goal without scoring and they convert every chance including a customary pen.

Weve only ever got anything there with our two best title chasing sides in donkeys years and Im afraid history is massively against us.

Its a monster game for Rodgers but we will be there next season even if hes not.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:03 am

I *****....hate this match. Our record against the $cums is just pathetic under Rodgers (discounting the suarez/sturridge inspired double against them 2 seasons back). I will probably skip this match as I just hate manure to the core and we have a clueless fool managing this club.

Expect  :
a) us to dominate the 1st half but will go in a goal down. Eventually we will get torn apart in the 2nd half.
b)Manure to get a penalty
c)a red card to either lucas, Moreno or lovern
d)Manure to score a debatable offside goal
e)Brent to use the words "Outstanding", "Controlled", "Character" in his post-match conference

BTW...I wouldn't mind it all if one of our players kicked the ball at LVG's face and make it even more flat like Beavis and Butt-Head.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:09 pm

I do expect another bad result and hope not another hammering, not because the scums are top team in fact they are very average team, it is simply because BR team is way below an average team, lacks spirt and desire to win.
BR has really destroyed Liverpool since he had been in change and it will get worse as long as he remain as a manager.
algymoon

Postby Doeboy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:11 pm

Game has draw written all over it imo
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:15 pm

Doeboy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:11 pm wrote:Game has draw written all over it imo

Would you take a draw now if it were offered ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:16 pm

algymoon » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:09 pm wrote:I do expect another bad result and hope not another hammering, not because the scums are top team in fact they are very average team, it is simply because BR team is way below an average team, lacks spirt and desire to win.
BR has really destroyed Liverpool since he had been in change and it will get worse as long as he remain as a manager.

If I understand you correctly, I don't agree with you're assertion that we have a below average team that lacks spirit and desire to win.

Although far from being the finished article I think we've got a squad with the requisite skill, spirit and desire to win who on their day can match any opponent in the premiership .

I do however (again if I understand you) agree that our weakest link is the man who's guiding the team.

Personally I think we have the players to get a result against a less than impressive Man Utd side, even at their place. I do however fear that our weakest link (i.e.  the managers' decisions re selection and tactics) will rob us of any positive result.   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games