LIVERPOOL VS BRAGA - 2nd leg 17th Mar 2011 20:05 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:16 pm

cptrios wrote:Good riddance to the Europa League...I'm fecking happy I don't have to watch another one of our terrible performances against boring freaking teams. We're out there playing with third-stringers who look like they were suggested to the management by "their cousin George Weah." And I'm sick and tired of watching games in which our current best player (Suarez) can't play!

Anyone expecting us to win this competition with the likes of Maxi, Cole, Kuyt, Ngog, Spearing, Wilson, et al was kidding themselves. Kenny can only do so much...this isn't a "rag-tag group of losers and rejects learns the spirit of teamwork and makes the championship" movie!

Positives: Carroll keeps looking good. Johnson had a very solid game. Cole, while still fairly awful, looks to be improving.

As many of you said above, I can't wait until the wholesale clear-out comes in the summer. Poulsen, Maxi, Jovanovic, Meireles (his recent goal explosion really masked his general sloppiness), Ngog...all gone, please. Kuyt doesn't exactly light the world on fire, but I think he has a place on the team. To me, the worst injury of all right now is Shelvey - this season was a goner anyway, and it'd have been great if he could have gotten a lot of games in and become a potential 1st-teamer for next season. I'd be over the moon if we could bring in Charlie Adam and Eden Hazard in the summer.

Your post looked good until you said meireles has to go
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:19 pm

metalhead wrote:you know what though, I actually thought Cole looked decent today

He was sh.te an all.  :kungfu:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:20 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
metalhead wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Joke of a game , hoof .hoof , p,issed off

Carragher = Hoof meister

You said it . absolute joke.
Just because weve got a big striker doesnt mean you have to miss the rest of the team out Jamie lad, and were crying out for a winger . just gutted i wont be going to dublin now .

I think Kenny got it wrong Nanny, even though Carragher was the most one hoofing the ball, but a lot of our players today are guilty of the same way. Kenny didn't stick to his principles today he changed it to accommodate Carroll and it backfired. I love Kenny but he needs to tell Carragher and all to stop hoofing the ball its ridiculous.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:20 pm

oh well.....Game set and Match....Let's get 7 new players and hope for good...Deserving end to our last hope for silverware ,playing a $hity team with $hity performance.....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:20 pm

Well that turned out to be just embarrassing. Lack of quality really shone though, we looked very very poor tonight and we didnt deserve to go through. Good luck to Braga but whoever they get in the next round will murder them because they are tripe.

In the end the two worst teams left in the competion played each other in this round....and Braga went through
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:20 pm

I think part of our problem is that we're nice. Hah. We love our players. As Cptrios says, Mierles isn't a good player. Ya know what though? I saw him do an interview and he's a lovely guy, honored to play for us. I don't want him to go. Or lucas, or any of these players who are proud of the badge. It used to be the same during my Football Manager years. I would keep players through sentimentality, or for some other wierd reason that I liked 'em...yet all the while knowing they just weren't good enough.

I think in THAT...we can be proud that we are loyal and a family. You'll Never Walk Alone so long as you wear the Liverbird. Sadly though THAT pride dosen't win trophies.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:23 pm

Meireles isn't a good player?

one of our best players this season
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:25 pm

True he's one of our best players this season. But what does that mean?

I'd keep him, but under that spurt of goals, he's not doing well. Poor form or poor ability? I dunno. But his passing, creativity, set pieces, vision, all have been poor. Yes he scored goals recently, but other than that, what's he done? *shrugs*

I didn't mean to say he's not good though. He is. Is he good ENOUGH though?
RedAnt

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:27 pm

metalhead wrote:Meireles isn't a good player?

one of our best players this season

A lot of the critiscm he gets is simply because Roy signed him.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:27 pm

I couldn't watch the game because I was at work, but was trying to keep up with a gamecast on my phone... It looked like Carroll was the only one getting shots off but they were almost all off target..

How'd Carroll do?  I know the rest of the team was garbage but do we have something to look forward to when Carroll and Suarez finally link up on Sunday?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Short of fitness maybe, getting tired because of all the games he played this season. He was outstanding in so many of our matches this season that he warrants a place in the side. He showed considerably a lot of amount of energy, goals and creativity. He loses the ball often, yes, that is down for him being a bit lightweight.

EDIT: question answered about Meireles
Last edited by metalhead on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:30 pm

ethanr wrote:I couldn't watch the game because I was at work, but was trying to keep up with a gamecast on my phone... It looked like Carroll was the only one getting shots off but they were almost all off target..

How'd Carroll do?  I know the rest of the team was garbage but do we have something to look forward to when Carroll and Suarez finally link up on Sunday?

Carroll was ok, he held the ball really well and showed a lot of strenght, some poor touches.  but he was deprived of service
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:35 pm

metalhead wrote:Short of fitness maybe, getting tired because of all the games he played this season. He was outstanding in so many of our matches this season that he warrants a place in the side. He showed considerably a lot of amount of energy, goals and creativity. He loses the ball often, yes, that is down for him being a bit lightweight.

EDIT: question answered about Meireles

I'm just gutted and looking at it all from a gutted perspective. I like Miereles. I like the team. It could be better, lots better, but this is what we have. Can't wait for next season though, to put this misery behind.

You'll Never Walk Alone!
RedAnt

Postby Greavesie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Carra needs a good slap off Kenny for the long balls, every time he got the ball I had my head in my hands, he seriously needs to cut it out. I really hope we dont revert to playing that way everytime Carroll plays, its horrible to watch and is ineffective 90% of the time. Hopefully Suarez will make the world of difference, at least we'll see that at the weekend (hopefully they both start)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Greavesie wrote:Carra needs a good slap off Kenny for the long balls, every time he got the ball I had my head in my hands, he seriously needs to cut it out. I really hope we dont revert to playing that way everytime Carroll plays, its horrible to watch and is ineffective 90% of the time. Hopefully Suarez will make the world of difference, at least we'll see that at the weekend (hopefully they both start)

mate, Wilson, Skrtel and Johnson were doing it to. Kenny needs to stick to his principles and not change them
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games