LIVERPOOL VS BRAGA - 2nd leg 17th Mar 2011 20:05 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:04 pm

Concentrate on the league
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:05 pm

shocking performance, only the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes we had a go, other than that well done Braga.

deserved to get out like that, poor performance.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:05 pm

There is a positive to take from this.

I don't have to watch another :censored: second of Europa League football for a while.  That was just :censored: dire.  Two full games played and not one single moment of quality by either team. 

One other thing.  I watched the Benfica v PSG game before this one.  Between Braga and Benfica I now have a tremendous distaste for Portugese teams.  The time wasting and other antics these players display is deplorable.  No wonder where nani and Ronaldo get it from.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:06 pm

I feel relieved to be honest
The performances overall have been diarrohea and cringey
Thommo's perm

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Joke of a game , hoof .hoof , p,issed off
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:07 pm

What upsets me is that Kenny seems to have been suckered into this "Dalglish is out of touch" business. If we played like the Liverpool of old, that would be something. It's this awful "new age" tactic of DEFEND first. This oh so boring clean sheet obsession. Braga are nobody. Why didn't we just go for it? Overwhelm them. Still, dosen't take a genius to analyse this sh*te.

Poor players.
Poor attitude.
Poor tactics.
Poor  referee.
Poor performance.
Poor opposition.

Pride and passion will only get us so far. Yes, it will rouse us for games v's Manure, Chelski etc. But when pride and passion fails, it comes down to good ol' fashioned ability...something we truly lack.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby parchpea » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:08 pm

We are no worldbeaters without our best players on the park but it was poor. Braga will go out next round. Shouldnt be surprised really because unless we have all our top lads out there Liverpool are very ordinary and you cant compete with a setup like that. Fair play to them a I dont think enough is said about opposing sides. A club of that stature competing in Europe and eliminating Liverpool is a hell of an achievement and they did a job on us, we couldnt break them down and by the finish a reckless challenge by Kyriagos split the sides. Shame we couldnt progress but then again we took gambles in this playing fringe lads in some games and in the end its cost us.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:08 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Joke of a game , hoof .hoof , p,issed off

Carragher = Hoof meister
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:11 pm

you know what though, I actually thought Cole looked decent today
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:11 pm

metalhead wrote:

Carragher = Hoof meister

Jamie Hasselhoof
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby cptrios » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:11 pm

Good riddance to the Europa League...I'm fecking happy I don't have to watch another one of our terrible performances against boring freaking teams. We're out there playing with third-stringers who look like they were suggested to the management by "their cousin George Weah." And I'm sick and tired of watching games in which our current best player (Suarez) can't play!

Anyone expecting us to win this competition with the likes of Maxi, Cole, Kuyt, Ngog, Spearing, Wilson, et al was kidding themselves. Kenny can only do so much...this isn't a "rag-tag group of losers and rejects learns the spirit of teamwork and makes the championship" movie!

Positives: Carroll keeps looking good. Johnson had a very solid game. Cole, while still fairly awful, looks to be improving.

As many of you said above, I can't wait until the wholesale clear-out comes in the summer. Poulsen, Maxi, Jovanovic, Meireles (his recent goal explosion really masked his general sloppiness), Ngog...all gone, please. Kuyt doesn't exactly light the world on fire, but I think he has a place on the team. To me, the worst injury of all right now is Shelvey - this season was a goner anyway, and it'd have been great if he could have gotten a lot of games in and become a potential 1st-teamer for next season. I'd be over the moon if we could bring in Charlie Adam and Eden Hazard in the summer.
cptrios

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:12 pm

metalhead wrote:

Carragher = Hoof meister

You said it . absolute joke.
Just because weve got a big striker doesnt mean you have to miss the rest of the team out Jamie lad, and were crying out for a winger . just gutted i wont be going to dublin now .
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Torres has gone and we are still a 2 man team

Average without stevie and suarez
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:14 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Carragher = Hoof meister

You said it . absolute joke.
Just because weve got a big striker doesnt mean you have to miss the rest of the team out Jamie lad, and were crying out for a winger . just gutted i wont be going to dublin now .

Go anyway
Its great
Thommo's perm

Postby killerp » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Embarrassing as a Liverpool supporter. Half or more of that team will have to go if we are to improve.

The only joy at the moment is watching Man City go out to a team that is worth a total of 2 city players.
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games