ASTON VILLA vs. LIVERPOOL - 22 May 2011, ko: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby tubby » Sun May 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Will be good to just concentrate on the league next season. Can even give it a real go for the FA Cup. Let the rebuilding job commence. :cool:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Sun May 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Anyone still living in fantasy land that we're going to win the PL next season? The squad has no depth and without 6 star signings in the summer we'll be fighting for 5th place finish again whoever is in charge. I just saw the Man U Blackpool game and Charlie Adam, to me is definitely worth buying. Relieved this nightmare season is over and let's see what Kenny has up his sleaves for next season.
alwayslfc

Postby RedSi35 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:32 pm

7th last year
6th this year

5th 2011/2012
4th 2012/2013
3rd 2013/2014
2nd 2014/2015
1st 2015/2016

^^^^^^ 5year plan !
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Sun May 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Don't know why so many of you guys love Lucas. To me that guy should have been long gone. Lucas, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Maxi, Spearing, Konchesky, Agger, Cole are not going to win us the PL.

We need 6 star signings in the summer to stand chance of finishing in top 4. FSG must invest heavily on new players otherwise Liverpool will be playing losers' football like they did in the last 2 games. The mindset of the players need to change. We are a world apart from Manure, they were winning 3-2 against Blackpool and yet they still pushed hard for another goal. Liverpool were cr*p to say the least in the last 2 games. It was like the Hodgson days again. Shameful ending to a great 2nd half season.
alwayslfc

Postby Scottbot » Sun May 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Thinkpad wrote:Same :censored: display as the game with Tottenham...
They must be laughing at us for fighting with them for fifth place.
A team of players who can't hold the ball under pressure, can't pass if their life depends on it.
Cluessless as to where their teammates are... I am pretty sure Suarez is already regretting coming to Liverpool..
Why are the players so afraid of the opponent's players? No individual ability or brilliance.. just a bunch of fools playing some football.
Imagine the fans were thinking of a revival, to regain some loss pride after MU took the lead in the number of titles..
Don't think the revival will happen next year.. with the kind of shitty footbal displayed.. just dreadful.
Not to mentioned the defending.. get close to the opponents. Close them down!
The passing and possession by Aston Villa make us look like little boys playing against the big boys.

Haven't seen any of our game as yet so I thought i'd pop straight on here once i got back to find out how we got on and this was the first post i read! Could it really have been this bad? Is Suarez really regretting coming to Liverpool? It's all a bit dramatic surely?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun May 22, 2011 8:07 pm

alwayslfc wrote:Anyone still living in fantasy land that we're going to win the PL next season? The squad has no depth and without 6 star signings in the summer we'll be fighting for 5th place finish again whoever is in charge. I just saw the Man U Blackpool game and Charlie Adam, to me is definitely worth buying. Relieved this nightmare season is over and let's see what Kenny has up his sleaves for next season.

Whilst Kenny will play an important part in getting us back into the top 4, id say most of any potential success depends on how deep FSG's pockets are. Like you say we are lacking in depth and even our 1st team isn't as potent as it was a few years ago. How many of our players would get into the likes of Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or even City?

The potential is there but we need to build on that, and not 1 or 2 players. No shortcuts this time, it's simple. Fork out or miss out on the top 4.

We need to spend, spend, spend if we want to even think about CL football again. With City in the top and Spurs still a threat it's going to be a lot more tighter than it was this season.

£££££££££
Last edited by tubby on Sun May 22, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sun May 22, 2011 8:07 pm

some people really need to get a grip. Think back 12 months ago. Now have things improved? Remember Rome was,nt built in a day
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby tubby » Sun May 22, 2011 8:09 pm

dundreamin wrote:some people really need to get a grip. Think back 12 months ago. Now have things improved? Remember Rome was,nt built in a day

Although look how far City have got in 2 years. Not saying I want us to spend so recklessly, but money talks.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun May 22, 2011 8:20 pm

tubby wrote:
dundreamin wrote:some people really need to get a grip. Think back 12 months ago. Now have things improved? Remember Rome was,nt built in a day

Although look how far City have got in 2 years. Not saying I want us to spend so recklessly, but money talks.

58 points isn't great but onwards and upwards.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun May 22, 2011 8:24 pm

bit of a disappointing end to the season in the past couple of games but we were beaten by the better side on both occasions. if you'd offered me 6th when kenny came in i'd have bitten your hand off though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sun May 22, 2011 9:49 pm

exactly

some posts on here are beyond OTT.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon May 23, 2011 2:07 am

Didn't see the game, not @rsed really either. I suppose it's because we don't have to play in the Europa.

Kenny made some comments I think after the Fulham game, where he said 'irrelative of the performances and results against Tottenham and Villa the lads have done exceptionally well since I came in.' Or something along those lines, didn't read much into it but it stuck with me. We lost those two fixtures but prior to them he said the lads shouldn't be judged on the upcoming fixtures against Spurs and Villa.

I'm not going to read much into the last two results, well I did against Spurs where our midfield was totally over-run. We all know we need improvement and investment now, and in the summer, let's wait and see what Kenny can do but I'm optimistic for next season.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon May 23, 2011 4:59 am

Kenny Kan wrote:Didn't see the game, not @rsed really either. I suppose it's because we don't have to play in the Europa.

Kenny made some comments I think after the Fulham game, where he said 'irrelative of the performances and results against Tottenham and Villa the lads have done exceptionally well since I came in.' Or something along those lines, didn't read much into it but it stuck with me. We lost those two fixtures but prior to them he said the lads shouldn't be judged on the upcoming fixtures against Spurs and Villa.

I'm not going to read much into the last two results, well I did against Spurs where our midfield was totally over-run. We all know we need improvement and investment now, and in the summer, let's wait and see what Kenny can do but I'm optimistic for next season.

Are  you saying it's possible Kenny didn't want to win the last 2 games?  Like he worried that if we did and qualified for europe, the owners may think our current squad is good enough or almost good enough, and not invest much?  Also maybe he did not want to qualify for Europe? Because it almost makes sense.  On one hand I could see Kenny being careful not to overachieve and end up hurting us in the long run, but on the other I somewhat can't imagine he would ever want us to not win a game.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Mon May 23, 2011 5:19 am

Dalglish even said in his post-match interview:

"I think we just ran out of legs a little bit and ran out of players as well."

He added: "The most important thing for us is we did the best we possibly could. It's not their (the players') fault their legs ran out a wee bit and they came up a wee bit short - but the disappointment is for them, not with them."

Possibly hinting at the fact that we need quite a few more players?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon May 23, 2011 6:33 am

Are  you saying it's possible Kenny didn't want to win the last 2 games?

No I'm just telling you what Kenny said after the Fulham match.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games