LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - Saturday 3rd march 12:45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RedAnt » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:15 pm

tubby wrote:CL was never a real possibility this season, not with our home form. We need to face facts we got too many of our summer signings wrong and probably need to start over. We are back in Europe at least so that's a start plus we won the carling cup. Still though we have a very weak squad that needs adding to if we want to be pushing for top 4 next season.

I agree that 4th was a long shot this year. But we wont 'start again'. There's two options really:

A) "hard luck Kenny. Sell those players. Here's another £50m. Have another go next year."

B) We will say bye-bye Kenny and see if someone else can get this lot playing together.

Option B is obviously far more economical and realistic.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Dundalk » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:15 pm

We are not good enough.

Its as simple as that. Blame who you want be we are a poor team
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Even Everton will finish above us this season...look where they are now in the table. I hate to think what they would do with 50 million....
Franky000

Postby Greavesie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:19 pm

gutted, just gutted
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:20 pm

RedAnt wrote:
tubby wrote:CL was never a real possibility this season, not with our home form. We need to face facts we got too many of our summer signings wrong and probably need to start over. We are back in Europe at least so that's a start plus we won the carling cup. Still though we have a very weak squad that needs adding to if we want to be pushing for top 4 next season.

I agree that 4th was a long shot this year. But we wont 'start again'. There's two options really:

A) "hard luck Kenny. Sell those players. Here's another £50m. Have another go next year."

B) We will say bye-bye Kenny and see if someone else can get this lot playing together.

Option B is obviously far more economical and realistic.

for me, option B is the way forward.  But i don't think it'll happen...i think the owners will be content with the league cup and expect things to improve next season. However, for me, i can't see it happening.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:21 pm

CL has been a very real possibility, especially as Chelsea and Arsenal have been distinctly average all season.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:24 pm

We just need a clinical finisher. It's not as bas as you lot are making.  If we had van Persie today it would have been a different story.  They had 4 attempts on goal, all on target.  That's the difference
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby maguskwt » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:27 pm

I may be abit biased here but I'm more forgiving of Henderson... The lad can play pass and move if he's playing with equally mobile players like today with Suarez and Kuyt. Adam on the other hand is just not good enough. I can't believe Spearing has outshone him today. Downing is so irritating he has ability but always fail when it needs to count...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:We just need a clinical finisher. It's not as bas as you lot are making.  If we had van Persie today it would have been a different story.  They had 4 attempts on goal, all on target.  That's the difference

I agree. But the hard, cold fact is that today we hammered Arsenal and managed to lose 2-1. Story of the season really. Just gotta start putting that leather round thing between those two big, white sticks. If we'd scored half of our chances this year we'd probably be top of the league.

I think our main problem is that we're really good at the things we're really good at, yet really sh*t at the things we're really sh*t at. Sounds obvious, I know, but we need to fix that!!!!
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:30 pm

fuk all of you that are saying kenny is at fault and we need to shift him on...  fuk you!

problem we have is with the players.

Suarez is a genius but lets face it, average in front of goal.
Henderson is dog sh!t  - move him on
Adam is just Adam - move him on
Carra is past it - move him on
Gerrard has 2 more seasons left in him
Carroll probably won't hit the heights we'd expected

We still need 2 players who can score goals. a striker and a midfielder. we once had Torres and Gerrard. Torres has gone and stevie isn't as effective, thats 20 - 30 goals gone right there.

Reina, Kelly, Enrique, Skyrtle, agger, Downing, Bellamy, Lucas, Kuyt are all safe at the club.

If I was Kenny that big axe would be falling down on some of this deadwood and no hopers.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:49 pm

on a positive note, i thought we played some really good football. the passing, the link-up play and the movement was fantastic. all we were lacking was a finisher honestly. no need to be so disheartened, we're just cursed, and they are just lucky.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Greavesie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:fuk all of you that are saying kenny is at fault and we need to shift him on...  fuk you!

We still need 2 players who can score goals. a striker and a midfielder. we once had Torres and Gerrard. Torres has gone and stevie isn't as effective, thats 20 - 30 goals gone right there.

Reina, Kelly, Enrique, Skyrtle, agger, Downing, Bellamy, Lucas, Kuyt are all safe at the club.

If I was Kenny that big axe would be falling down on some of this deadwood and no hopers.

Only thing Kenny done wrong today was being late with the subs, but lets face it, we were much the better side and RVP carried them once again.

I can see promise in Henderson but every secone pass Adam made must have went to an Arsenal shirt, very very poor. Carra's done but I trust him to step in and do a job while Agger's out, hopefully Coates will be ready to step in soon enough

I don't think Carroll will ever fit into this Liverpool side
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:fuk all of you that are saying kenny is at fault and we need to shift him on...  fuk you!

Who bought the players?  ???

Carroll, Henderson and Adam? Do you really think Kenny will give up on his signings after them being at the club for a season? I doubt he is that ruthless.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:55 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:on a positive note, i thought we played some really good football. the passing, the link-up play and the movement was fantastic. all we were lacking was a finisher honestly. no need to be so disheartened, we're just cursed, and they are just lucky.

My sentiments exactly.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:59 pm

the team play the way the manager sets them up to play and its his signings that he constantly persists with.we have been like this since the start of the season and he hasnt sorted it out.
i support kenny but i can see his flaws and he is not beyond criticism just because of who he is.

the truth is that we have underperformed all season and its not good enough from the players or the management.another season like this and kenny will be gone so he has a lot of work to do and hopefully the signings that he has showed so much faith in will back him up.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games