Arsenal V Liverpool - Saturday 4th April K.O. 12.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:15 pm

It'd take a dramatic drop in form from the clubs around us to claw those 7 points.

Even Carra has come out and said it'll take a miracle.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:45 pm

Thought we were Shyte myself.
Its yet another season defining game that we failed to show up in. To go out and start like that again is just woeful and there can be no excuses. That side just isn't good enough.

Why did he take markovic off ? He was the only one able to get behind and it looks like he was punished for the slightly over hit pass to sterling who should have slid at it rather than stretch. Didn't think he should have been the one sacrificed and it isn't going to do his confidence any good.

I just can't believe we started like that in such a crucial game  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:57 pm

With all the huff and puff of recent weeks we are back to square one 6th 7th position...
BR original sins continue to bite us in the a$$..his epic failure of team building for some strange reason continue to hunt us...not one quality striker leads to having Sterling and Marco clueless infront of goal ,his towering Cb Lovern gives place to an aging slow Torre and Marco/ Moreno are never 40m pounds ....so there you have it in a nutshell 70m of no impact signing roaming the pitch and the bench being no contest to a very good Arsenal team...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:03 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:45 pm wrote:Thought we were Shyte myself.
Its yet another season defining game that we failed to show up in. To go out and start like that again is just woeful and there can be no excuses. That side just isn't good enough.

Why did he take markovic off ? He was the only one able to get behind and it looks like he was punished for the slightly over hit pass to sterling who should have slid at it rather than stretch. Didn't think he should have been the one sacrificed and it isn't going to do his confidence any good.

Marcovic was off because he is a disgrace what else does a player need then two on one situation infront of goal...this lad was brought for 20m while Ibe was sent to roam the championship??? Isn't their a grownup with a pair of healthy eyes that could have stopped this madness?? Marco showed nothing to convinced he can be a meaningful liverpool player ,glimps of talent and ability to run Yes for 3m over then that it's criminal.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:04 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:45 pm wrote:Thought we were Shyte myself.

Agree about Markovic, that over hit pass aside his running in behind was causing the Arsenal back 4 problems.
To be fair we have beaten Arsenal on their own patch once in about the last 20 years so it was always going to be tough down there and even last week against United, that can happen.
What ruined our season was that spell when we accrued just 2 points out of a possible 18 against sides that we were more than capable of beating (Villa, Palace, West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Hull). Even if we had come away with just 9 or 10 points from that lot we'd be in a title race now.
We just left ourselves too much to do.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby sniffy98 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:08 pm

Well that was utter dogshite from everyone involved. Sterling was our best player, to the poster making idiotic comments about him thinking of money, visit Specsavers. The commentator said we have won 1 in 18 visits. Make that 1 in 19. The setup in midfield was all wrong. Why so negative ffs. Also Marko ***** up, but he should have stayed on. He offered a threat at least.
sniffy98

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Some decent bits but once again hopeless in defense and toothless up front. Moreno is a championship player at best, Lucas is finished and Henderson and Allen are like the chuckle brothers.
These suspensions and injuries will have a massive say on the run in.
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby devaney » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:11 pm

What has happened to the way we start matches? This performance equalled the dross we played against United inthe first 15 minutes.

Sterling worth £100k a week is ridiculous - woeful decision maker - poor finisher - definitely not a match winner !!

Tourè was terrible!

Lucas rusty as fk!

Moreno as a defender is found wanting time and time again!

Mignolet had his worst match since he returned as a result of Jones getting injured!

Markovic played some reasonable stuff but to fk up such a game changing simple pass that would have resulted in a goal is unforgiveable!

WELL YES IT WAS PROBABLY THE WORST WE HAVE PLAYED SINCE GETTING BEATEN BY UNITED !!!!!  :(

I absolutely hate saying this but the last two matches have shown us to be desperately lacking in so many areas. Arsenal were very impressive and United did play some decent stuff but my god we helped in a very big way to make them look a lot better than they are especially United. IT WAS NOT THEM THAT MADE US LOOK POOR - WE WERE POOR - DOWNRIGHT FKG POOR !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:29 pm

That wasn't an Arsenal team full of world beaters ,but the line up Rodgers sent out at the Emirates helped them to look like they were... If you know through experience
that a player has struggled in a WB position, you simply don't utilise him there again,and you certainly don't compound the problem by starting with two holding DM's
and stagnate the energy of that middle by keeping your best source of supply and completely remove the threat of a player that links the play to Coutinho and co by
playing him at  WB.

Wenger didn't have to find tactics to negate the proposed threat from Henderson because Rodgers done it for him,I think it was Yakka who said that was the ideal game
to integrate Lovren back into that defence ,Toure was at least a yard off the pace in that encounter ,in the first six minutes alone the writing was on the wall as his
positioning was woeful ,and if it wasn't for Mignolet we could have been two goals down.

Once again much like the United game Rodgers tactics made us look static ,once again pushed back making the offensive side of our game practically non existent ,and
severing any link up play to our attack , then just to mystify us further he removes the only player that was causing Arsenal to deviate from their comfortable shape by running in behind their defence.  ???

Seriously, Rodgers inadequacies as a manager pertaining to his lack of tactical acumen are slowly poking their ugly heads above the parapet ,how anyone can fail to see
this and then defend him as a bright innovative manager really need to revisit and sift through the wreckage from our last two performances.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:30 pm

I'm not a master tactician. But can someone tell me why Henderson was right wing back?

What the fu%k
Kopite-Jud

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games