LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - Saturday 3rd march 12:45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:59 pm

I would ban to word unlucky from our vocabulary ,enough is enough. Luck has nothing to do with it ,Players and Managers aren't good enough for premiership title or 4 place position. Hitting the bar isn't unlucky it's lack of quality in finding the rest of the goal ,subs in 85 minutes isn't luck it's poor game managment. 15 corners and not on significant threat is not luck it's lack of skills. Missing mutliple penalities is lack of confidence and quality. Simple.

Our players are good ,but not good enough. Our position in the table reflects our brutal reality ,we are 6th 7th position team in the Premierleague. The illusion of us catching the rest has just caught up with what we all know.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:59 pm

This inability to score goals HAS to be sorted in the summer, it's cost us a champions league place this year and I'm at the point now where I have no confidence in us to score going into games.
A goals for column of 30 goals after 26 games is pathetic and when you've spent £55m on forwards it compounds the situation even further.

The goals conceded today were very poor, Reina certainly could have done better on both and the closing down for the first should've been better.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:00 pm

The_Rock wrote:When we have bellamy and maxi on the bench...and we insist on playing adam, henderson & downing week in and week out.... I think we deserve our current position.

spot on mate. Well said.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Let's be honest we haven't had a decent 2 up front for god knows how long. How many times did we hit the post today? Carra is turning into a liability. No excuse for losing really. FSG need to do some serious spending in the summer.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Bye Bye champions league football for another year. Yay we will now finish 7th... It's a nice number...
On a side note, what an immense striker van Persia is this year... 2 chances 2 goals... And he didn't cost 35 million...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:03 pm

maguskwt wrote:Bye Bye champions league football for another year. Yay we will now finish 7th... It's a nice number...

Our performances surely deserve a nice, steaming Number Two finish?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby devaney » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Missed penalties and hitting woodwork is frustrating but what is even more annoying is the pathetic finishing. Arsenal had 10 shots and 7 on target. Liverpool had 14 shots and 4 on target. The corner count was 13-0 to Liverpool. We are just very very poor at the most important aspect of the game.

Adam was poor once again and I would have subbed him before Downing and Spearing. Thought that Henderson was much better in the centre and should never be picked ahead of Kuyt on the right wing in the future as they actually compliment each other.Good performance by Luis who was unlucky not to score.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red_guy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:06 pm

i hate the fact that we keep talking off pitch about what we're gonna do, we're getting better, we should do this and that but still i see nothing changes on the pitch.  Adam, Downing, Hendo, Carroll.. always support them week in week out but patience is wearing thin... how much longer can we tolerate mediocrity?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:06 pm

CL was never a real possibility this season, not with our home form. We need to face facts we got too many of our summer signings wrong and probably need to start over. We are back in Europe at least so that's a start plus we won the carling cup. Still though we have a very weak squad that needs adding to if we want to be pushing for top 4 next season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Same shyte different day.

Van Persie and their keeper where the difference between the teams.

No doubt it will be put down as another unlucky game by the eternal optimists but truth be told we have not improved this year and still lack real quality despite investing good money.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:09 pm

damjan193 wrote:
Redtribe wrote:I thought Downing was one of our better players in the first half but went missing for pretty much the entirety of the second half!!

Agreed about Adam, he just doesn't seem up to it, Henderson is improving but i'm not sure if he is any better then Shelvey he i thought should have come on.

Downing :censored: me off the most with his "pass" towards Suarez in front of goal

Have to admit, that infuriated me to.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:11 pm

After Adam's season I think we can add CM to the shopping list also.

Striker
Winger (left or right)
CM
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Well to sum up how I feel about that shower of shlt that I just watched.  I need to go out and buy a new TV. :down:
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:13 pm

tubby wrote:Let's be honest we haven't had a decent 2 up front for god knows how long. How many times did we hit the post today? Carra is turning into a liability. No excuse for losing really. FSG need to do some serious spending in the summer.

Spending big got us into this mess in the first place....Henderson, downing, Carroll..
killerp

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:14 pm

parchpea wrote:Same shyte different day.

Van Persie and their keeper where the difference between the teams.

No doubt it will be put down as another unlucky game by the eternal optimists but truth be told we have not improved this year and still lack real quality despite investing good money.

Kenny needs to be told that Adam, Henderson, Carroll and Downing are the biggest waste of f**king money in the club's history.  Get rid in the summer or face the consequences next season if they fail to deliver by Christmas...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games