Liverpool V Man City - EPL - Wed March 2nd KO: 8.00 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby football10 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:23 am

Premier League Liverpool 3-0 Man City
Premier League – Anfield – Wednesday 2nd February 2016
Goals: Lallana 34′, Milner 41′, Firmino 57′

Liverpool dealt a hammer blow to Manchester City's title hopes as Raheem Sterling endured a miserable return to Anfield.
Liverpool brushed lacklustre Man City aside to complete a memorable Premier League double over Manuel Pellegrini's side.
The Reds were rampant as Adam Lallana, James Milner and Roberto Firmino scored to gain some degree of revenge for Sunday's Capital One Cup Final loss.
England winger Sterling was booed by the Liverpool fans and he was expertly shackled by Jon Flanagan before being substituted at half-time.

City were awful and are a distant 10 points behind leaders Leicester in fourth place with games running out.
football10
LFC Basic Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:20 am

Fantastic performance from all the players. Absolutely loved seeing Kolo Toure boss our backline and Milner did well in midfield as well. Firmino was sloppy but managed a goal and an assist so cant really criticize his output. Good result but I dont think we're quite good enough to wrestle 4th from Arsenal or City.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:27 am

Full post match press conference

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:28 am

I agree we shouldn't dream of 4th because we will be left bitterly disappointed. Left just keep performing well, snapping points and try to finish in a decent position. Mancs have hit decent form aswel. Europa tie will be close.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:53 am

If you want a lil bit of a laugh pop down city postc match forum blue moon. Lol some of the comments are hilarious.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:58 am

And suddenly in this crazy season we are actually mentioning 4th place !! I seem to remember after the Chelsea and City thrashings early in the season we went on to put together some of the poorest performances I have seen in a very long time. Our lack of consistency is downright frightening.

Some fans used the excuse that in both the City games and the Chelsea game that they played well below their usual standard and we simply took advantage of that. Maybe that was partly true but our pressing game in all those matches contributed massively towards killing off the opposition. I maintained when Rogers was sacked that a new manager could get a lot more out of the current squad. This has been evidenced in a number of matches against the top clubs so why do we fail so miserably against the so called weaker teams !! Klopp can get more out of our players but it has got to happen on a regular basis

We drop Sturridge,Coutinho,Moreno and Sakho and lets face it these players except Moreno are highly rated by most of us. Lallana suddenly showed why we paid £25m for him which is incredibly frustrating. Flanaghan will make left back his own. His first tackle on Sterling was right out of Gerrard's book. Kolo put in a Carragher type performance. Milner has his best game since joining the club. Joe Allen when he came on looked full of confidence and was unlucky not to score a worldie. Firmino continues to look a very different player than when he joined.

All this will be quickly forgotten if in typical Liverpool style we go and fk up against Pardew's struggling Palace !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:27 am

It was a perfect win, and let us hope the team can add on more wins to it. I was glad the Flanagan has started the tempo with a great tackle on Sterling which got the players started and it was the same strong efforts from Lallana and "Can the man" and rest of the players.

It is clear the bad defeat in cup has effected the players too much, therefore they were focused on beating Man shitti.

Some the fellow members of this great fourm are being critical of my critisim of the damage that was caused by BR, and majorty of his bad buys which it had contribute to bring shame to this beloved LFC, which it is some time very hard to bear and be accepted by me.
algymoon

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:01 am

devaney » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:58 am wrote:All this will be quickly forgotten if in typical Liverpool style we go and fk up against Pardew's struggling Palace !!

We will more than likely F$#K up as the club will promote itself for the next 3 days trying to sell more away shirts in the market place.
With player(s) interviews and quotes of "We wanted to re-pay the fans for the loyal support they showed in the Cup Final." and / or similar stupid sound bites!  :veryangry
Why can't they just SHUT THE F$#K UP and win football matches?!
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when JK starts handing out P45's...
  :nod
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:41 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:01 am wrote:
devaney » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:58 am wrote:All this will be quickly forgotten if in typical Liverpool style we go and fk up against Pardew's struggling Palace !!

We will more than likely F$#K up as the club will promote itself for the next 3 days trying to sell more away shirts in the market place.
With player(s) interviews and quotes of "We wanted to re-pay the fans for the loyal support they showed in the Cup Final." and / or similar stupid sound bites!  :veryangry

And just when we've seen one of the best performances from the team this season we get words of encouragement for the next game.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:02 pm

We never gave City and earthly ,we stopped them playing completely ,frightened them to death. I don't think I have seen City being so thoroughly punished
usually when they get beaten they have been unlucky after dominating the possession and chances on goal ,but this equally tired and weary eleven fucking  slaughtered them. I don't think I've ever seen City hemmed in so much to their own half ,and their game so completely dismantled by a team that never allowed them to breathe. Forget what the media says about City being leggy ,they came to Anfield on the back of a moral boosting victory ,their players boasted in the papers how this game would be the start of a title charge ,they fielded a team littered with absolute superstars and we in turn handed them their arses .

Firmino and Lallana were just unplayable ,City had no answer to them ,Milner covered every blade of grass and Can was an immovable object in the middle and gave City no quarter ,and at the back Lovren and in particular Toure were immense . Special mention to Flanagan who showed us the kind of spirit essential in proffering this team its pride back.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:15 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:41 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:01 am wrote:

And just when we've seen one of the best performances from the team this season we get words of encouragement for the next game.

That may well be the case, but like I wrote before.
Why can't the players just SHUT THE F$#K UP and concentrate on winning?
Bring more stank if you want too
  :wwww
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:02 pm wrote:We never gave City and earthly ,we stopped them playing completely ,frightened them to death. I don't think I have seen City being so thoroughly punished
usually when they get beaten they have been unlucky after dominating the possession and chances on goal ,but this equally tired and weary eleven fucking  slaughtered them. I don't think I've ever seen City hemmed in so much to their own half ,and their game so completely dismantled by a team that never allowed them to breathe. Forget what the media says about City being leggy ,they came to Anfield on the back of a moral boosting victory ,their players boasted in the papers how this game would be the start of a title charge ,they fielded a team littered with absolute superstars and we in turn handed them their arses .

Firmino and Lallana were just unplayable ,City had no answer to them ,Milner covered every blade of grass and Can was an immovable object in the middle and gave City no quarter ,and at the back Lovren and in particular Toure were immense . Special mention to Flanagan who showed us the kind of spirit essential in proffering this team its pride back.

Everything he said ^^^^^   :buttrock

Thank fu'ck we've still got some members in here that actually attend games and know what "support" really means    :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:21 pm

Thank fu'ck we've still got some members in here that actually attend games and know what "support" really means    :kungfu:[/quote]

Attending games is not a qualification for supporting your team nor silly attempted big bully boy remarks of those who don't.
Has it ever occurred to you that LFC has MILLIONS of supporters who simply can not go to matches?
That said, I loved watching the MIGHTY REDS before I decided to invest my $$$ into my own concern...
A divisive stance simply does not work.
  :down:
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:52 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:21 pm wrote:Thank fu'ck we've still got some members in here that actually attend games and know what "support" really means    :kungfu:

Attending games is not a qualification for supporting your team nor silly attempted big bully boy remarks of those who don't.
Has it ever occurred to you that LFC has MILLIONS of supporters who simply can not go to matches?
That said, I loved watching the MIGHTY REDS before I decided to invest my $$$ into my own concern...

It may surprise you but I do agree with you when you say that attending games ,given geographical location and available finance, isn't a qualification for a persons level of support.

However, if I have too choose between the opinion of somebody who actually attends the match week after week and somebody who from a distance proclaims

"Why can't the players just SHUT THE F$#K UP and concentrate on winning?"

Forgive me if my response to the one who hasn't attended a game is one of "SHUT THE f*ck UP AND CONCENTRATE ON SUPPORTING"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:13 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:52 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:21 pm wrote:Thank fu'ck we've still got some members in here that actually attend games and know what "support" really means    :kungfu:

It may surprise you but I do agree with you when you say that attending games ,given geographical location and available finance, isn't a qualification for a persons level of support.

However, if I have too choose between the opinion of somebody who actually attends the match week after week and somebody who from a distance proclaims

"Why can't the players just SHUT THE F$#K UP and concentrate on winning?"

Forgive me if my response to the one who hasn't attended a game is one of "SHUT THE f*ck UP AND CONCENTRATE ON SUPPORTING"

DAMN!
I guess it's true. You're as good as your last game!
Personally I choose to listen (in this case read) too all opinions as they all have an equal platform IMO
   :p
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games