LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - Saturday 3rd march 12:45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Been clear all season we dont have enough firepower which is why I found it surprisng we didnt recruit at least one marksman i the window.

You can knock it about all day but if you cant finish the job then you are always vulnerable to the sucker punch and especially with a player like RVP on the park.

We can whine all day long but unless you fix problems then you get punished and lose games and we desperately needed at least one striker in.

Got away with it last week but not today Im afraid.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby centarec » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:38 pm

We outplayed them but failed to score, story of the season.. And i hate to say it but Carragher was at fault for both goals, if it would have been a Agger(i know he's injured, but im speaking hypothetically) , RVP wouldnt have got a chance to score.. I think its time for Carra to call it a day, and get into the coaching waters, let him be remembered as the legend he is, not as someone who costed us a couple of points here and there.. Especially i see how "great" our fan-base is here on the net.. People calling for Kenny to be sacked and demanding bilions to be spent.. Go and support City FFS.
P.S- Charlie Adam should be sold in summer, he offers nothing to the club.
centarec

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:31 pm

We wouldn't have a buyer for Adam. We were mugged on that deal. Apparently the owners are saying there's  no money in the summer either. Then again we spent £100M and bought mostly dross. Can't rightly see the current team being too appealing to anyone either.
Worst thing is, today and way too often this season, it's just sooooo obvious we bought the wrong striker.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:31 pm

We wouldn't have a buyer for Adam. We were mugged on that deal. Apparently the owners are saying there's  no money in the summer either. Then again we spent £100M and bought mostly dross. Can't rightly see the current team being too appealing to anyone either.
Worst thing is, today and way too often this season, it's just sooooo obvious we bought the wrong striker.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:12 pm

charlie Adam is stilla  good player, and I stand by that. The difference between us and the ones above is simple, it's scoring goals. If we had RVP today we would have been 4 up by half time.

It's loking good for us though, although we keep losing or drawing we still have the foundations to be great again. Something just ain't clicking. The goal to beat us was a cracker as well, that can't be denied, but the game should have been well over by then.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:57 pm

We don't necessarily need wholesale changes, we need a top class striker. However our inability to get fourth will mean we can't attract the calibre of player we need. Oh how we should have tried to spend some of the millions wasted, yes wasted, on Carroll or Adam (squad player ), on a Huntalaar or llorente.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:35 am

we controlled the game but yet again we were awful and frustrating in the final 3rd.this isnt a one off either as its been the same since the league started.how this hasnt been addressed is as much cause for concern as our ability to put the ball in the fooking net.
terrible penalty from kuyt and worse with the rebound.we still managed to go 1 up through koceilny's og which in fairness was a dire attempt at a cross from hendo.it was 10 yards away from finding our players in the box.
imo the same problems exist since the start of the season and we made a big mistake in not signing a striker in january and its cost us a CL place.
we are a mid table side atm and it is not good enough.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:58 am

centarec wrote:People calling for Kenny to be sacked and demanding bilions to be spent.. Go and support City FFS.

Simplistic view from a simple little mind

Go troll somewhere else mate, no one is demanding to spend billions. As for Kenny getting us 7th this season and signing dross a lot of fans have a right to be annoyed and asking about extending his tenure as manager.

:no  :no  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:55 am

Heartbreaking stuff.

Oh Nando.... are you any happier at Chelsea,  he would have scored 5 for us against Arsenal yesterday.

Kenny lad... we need a goal scorer, we've scored 30 goals all season, Van Persie has scored 26 alone.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:01 am

7_Kewell wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:we had 12 corners, they had none, according to Soccernet.

sounds about right. Most of our corners didn't beat the first man...in fact, one of them (taken by Adam) didn't even manage that, instead hitting the side netting

I'd put Adam into the academy for 2 weeks solely to learn how to take corners. Unless LFC have a kindergarden which is to what extemt he has to go back to learn to pass a ball to its intended target.

Apart from that some very good close and quick passing by the team, good options, good movement etc.. just ZIPPO finishing!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:29 am

Points dropped in a game we dominatied (AGAIN), they are noting without RVP.

Penalty missed, post twice and missed open net.

Another thing that ticked me off was, WHY WAIT TILL THE 88th MIN FOR SUBS ? ???
Kopite-Jud

Postby Dalglish » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:40 am

When you dominate possession and carve open an Arsenal team which usually gets the plaudits for doing the same you expect to win the game convincingly and today we got far less than we deserved.

The problems are several............ a serious case of the "Yips" when taking penalties, an inability to hit the onion bag instead of the surrounding woodwork and a defence that can't defend from the flanks. Against Norwich, City and United we threw away leads and today were seriously found wanting when the ball came into the 6 yard box......

Seriously how sharp were we in Midfield today ! If I played in that midfield today I would be proper hacked off that the plethora of chances crafted were not converted. Its not enough to beat 2,3 or even 4 players only to shoot against the Goalkeeepers legs, win penalties that you can't convert and dominate possession without winning !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:47 am

Kopite-Jud wrote:Points dropped in a game we dominatied (AGAIN), they are noting without RVP.

Penalty missed, post twice and missed open net.

Another thing that ticked me off was, WHY WAIT TILL THE 88th MIN FOR SUBS ? ???

You watched the game with Liverpool red eyes mate. We would have been nothing without Torres or Owen or Rushie etc etc etc. To be honest any team that goes 2-0 down to Spurs and then rips them apart 5-2 has got more than one player. Take a look at their league position.

We played some pretty stuff but were useless where it counts.We had 14 shots and 4 on target. Arsenal had 10 shots and 7 on target. It is no use dominating when you are clueless in front of goal. The corner count of 13-0 to Liverpool clearly demonstrates the opportunities we had. Missing penalties and hitting the woodwork doesn't help either.

Why was Adam on the pitch for so long? Kenny's tactics have been criticised before! Adam is just not up to the job. He had a good half season in the Premiership for Blackpool. During the second half of the season before we bought him he was average to poor. We didn't get him for £7m because everybody in football thought he was going to be the next Zidane! Average squad player at very best.

Suarez plays some exciting stuff and he was unlucky to hit the post but for all that his scoring record is poor. Is he the problem or the answer to the problem? For me he tries the impossible to often and I accept that half the time he has to because of the lack of support.

Henderson played better central midfield but that would not have been difficult given his recent performances against Championship teams! Kuyt should always start ahead of Henderson on the right wing where he is useless.

Thought the team played better without Stevie who hasn't been great recently. Age and fitness are catching up with him. Should he still be an automatic first choice.

Carra should not be the automatic replacement for Martin or Danny. His best days are a long way behind him.

Just watch us play some superb free flowing exciting football scoring goals for fun now that the pressure of fourth place has gone. Basically that is what happened last season when Kenny took over in January and he was under no real pressure. Everything Kenny did in terms of failure was always going to be blamed on H & G and Hodgson. Well that is no longer quite the case. At the beginning of the season a lot of supporters myself included thought that we had a potentially brilliant midfield and so far that has proved to be a long way from the truth.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:59 am

Very good post Deveney
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:53 am

I don't know why everyone is getting on Adam's back. We paid what 6-8Mil for him? People are going of on one like he cost 20Mil.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games