Liverpool V Man City - EPL - Wed March 2nd KO: 8.00 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:10 pm

We go again, sad state of affairs, we are all down, but we have a match tomorrow night and a chance for revenge

In today's press conference JK has confirmed that both Sturridge and Lucas will miss the match with injuries, but still waiting to hear on what is happening with Sakho

As for those who are fit, I would like to see Danny Ward in goal - although I know full well this will not happen and Flanagan in for Moreno please as well

Pellegrini says $terling will start tomorrow's match against us, he must have finally got out of Clyne's pocket  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:41 pm

my only hope he will rotate our pathetic midfield with some of the youngsters....In any case i think we will get battered Moral is down the drain and this game has no importance for us...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:54 pm

only me » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:41 pm wrote:my only hope he will rotate our pathetic midfield with some of the youngsters....In any case i think we will get battered Moral is down the drain and this game has no importance for us...

I hope moral isn't so "down" that the players react like some in here i.e. give up   :kungfu:

We lost at Wembley in a penalty shoot out to the most expensive squad in the league.

BUT NOW

we've got them at our place and hopefully far from thinking "this game has no importance for us"  the players will put in a performance for those amongst us who still believe    :buttrock

YNWA    :buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:54 pm

only me » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:41 pm wrote:my only hope he will rotate our pathetic midfield with some of the youngsters....In any case i think we will get battered Moral is down the drain and this game has no importance for us...

AGREED!
Now more than ever JK needs to learn what skills our young pretenders have.
The only games which are crucial now are the two against Manure in the EL.
LVG is doing it and it's working for them. We now need to do the same.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:03 pm

johnbarnes » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:54 pm wrote:
only me » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:41 pm wrote:my only hope he will rotate our pathetic midfield with some of the youngsters....In any case i think we will get battered Moral is down the drain and this game has no importance for us...

AGREED!

No doubt if you two ever make it to the game you'll be easily spotted as the only flags you'll be flying will be white ones   :kungfu:

FKing Disgrace   :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:39 pm

We need a win here, United are flying at the moment and the last thing we need going into those 2 EL games is for our confidence to be on the floor. We need a win over elite opposition to prove to our players that we can still beat these sides.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:39 pm wrote:We need a win here, United are flying at the moment and the last thing we need going into those 2 EL games is for our confidence to be on the floor. We need a win over elite opposition to prove to our players that we can still beat these sides.

:nod   :nod   :nod

On top of that Yakka, thinking about the Millions that are about to be poured into the prem for next season, isn't a clubs size of that money cake decided by where they finished this season  ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:57 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:03 pm wrote:

AGREED!

No doubt if you two ever make it to the game you'll be easily spotted as the only flags you'll be flying will be white ones   :kungfu:

Relax woof I'm not that vain to believe JK reads my posts and complies...This is how I think it will turn out to be and that is why I want to see the youngsters play and give City something to think about other then the krap Hendo Can Daniel and Firmino gave them.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:34 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:03 pm wrote:

AGREED!

EH?
Am I missing something?
Whats upset you Mr. Wolf?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:36 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:10 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:39 pm wrote:We need a win here, United are flying at the moment and the last thing we need going into those 2 EL games is for our confidence to be on the floor. We need a win over elite opposition to prove to our players that we can still beat these sides.

On top of that Yakka, thinking about the Millions that are about to be poured into the prem for next season, isn't a clubs size of that money cake decided by where they finished this season  ?

I don't think anyone was suggesting that we down tools.
Some of the youngsters proved against West Ham that they are up for it.
So why not give them more minutes?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:23 pm

NOT SURE WHAT IS MEANT BY THIS ^^^
If a clubs size of the money cake is determined by where we finish then that would make Leicester and spuds bigger teams than us with more financial clout?
Or do you mean that every position in the PL is worth more the higher the team finishes?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:07 pm

Sounds like we have lost a few who played on Sunday. Some fresh legs might be the way to go. Moreno and Firmino both came off in normal time so I’d go with them. Assume Lovren is no longer ill?

Mignolet

Flanagan     Toure     Lovren     Moreno

Allen     Can

Ibe     Firmino     Lallana

Origi

Subs: Benteke, Coutinho, Milner, Henderson, Clyne, Caulker, Ward
Eagle

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:24 pm

johnbarnes » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 pm wrote:

NOT SURE WHAT IS MEANT BY THIS ^^^
If a clubs size of the money cake is determined by where we finish then that would make Leicester and spuds bigger teams than us with more financial clout?
Or do you mean that every position in the PL is worth more the higher the team finishes?

Meant to say "Isn't the size of a clubs slice of that money cake determined by where they finish this season ? ".

I've discovered after a bit of digging it seems the answer is basically yes .

Some portions of the TV rights money is equally shared amongst the 20 premiership clubs whilst other portions of the tv rights money is distributed according to final league position and "facilities fee for televised matches"

Last season 1st placed Chelsea received £98.99 million whilst Liverpool (6th) received £92.7 million

Next season will see even more substantial money awarded to premiership clubs.

Projected earning from tv money are £146 million for 1st place and £134 million for 6th.

Even the club finishing in 20th position next season is set to receive circa £97 million, which is almost as much as last seasons Champions !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:27 pm

Lets get some revenge and dent these jokers title hopes.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:21 pm

Just finished work and the wife is cooking a roast dinner ,and then I'm off to the game ....It doesn't get better than that people  !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games