LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - 13th december 2009 , 16:00 kick off

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:37 pm

LFC2007 wrote:That was the final straw for me.

We're taking in defeats by the barrel load, frequently going down with barely anything to show for ourselves and this was another to add to that collection. What makes it worse is the fact that this is an opponent we're supposed to be fighting to overhaul in the table and also the fact that it was at Anfield.

The first half was fine, but the second was a total shambles and a repeat of what we've seen too often this season. We seemed to just accept the state of play, rather than busting a gut to keep our lead, or indeed showing them that this was our patch and that we're the side who should be pressing and going for a second. And even if you may argue that their equaliser was a tad fortunate, or that their second was a bit of a wondergoal, we knew there was going to be a reaction in the second half, and we know they're very dangerous in and around the box. We should have been controlling, pressing and dominating play from the beginning of the second half, not 'attempting' to after they'd gone 2-1 ahead. When they did, we had all of 30+ minutes to do something about it and the response was frankly embarrassing. We looked lost, without composure, confidence or cohesion and I think we could do with a change.

OMG........LFC_2007 has become a sith too.........

Now only have to wait for sabre and emerald red...and we will have control of the senate.... :wwww
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:39 pm

LFC2007 wrote:without composure, confidence or cohesion

Spot on
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Leaving aside the Rafa stuff as there's threads for that, I thought the switch of walcott and Nasri was THE significant move of the match. It pinned Johnson and in that subtle move, the flow of the match was altered. I think we can count ourselves a bit unlucky overall. We got a bit lucky with the goal as Lucas was offside, but I couldn't see how they didn't give the Gerrard penalty. That was a stick on for me, and the ref gave us very little in truth.

Most worrying was that in the last 20 minutes we allowed the game to kind of drift to its conclusion. There isn't that fight and spark about the team at the moment, and we are without doubt IMHo peropfrming a long way below our potential. Aquilani didn't in all honesty do anything to make me think my ridiculously early call on him is going to be wrong either. Hopefully there is much much more to come from him, otherwise we've just spunked 20 million quid.

As for Arsenal, the win kind of gets them back into things, but they aren't up to challenging properly with that team. The keeper is absolutely gash, and although we didn't play well they do take the distinction of being the first team we have played so far this season that defends set-pieces even worse than us. Each time we threw it in there was flapping all around, it's just unfortunate that that's the only time when we looked like scoring.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Something has to give now, and be it Rafa, then so be it. No complaints, so long as someone comes in to stop the freefall we're in. I think it's time Kenny is approached now to lend a bigger hand than he's currently doing, and possibly even taking over as joint manager until the end of the season to see how it goes. If he feels he's ready for the job (which is the issue, really) then he should be the replacement that everyone would have no qualms about.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby agoodmentality » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:41 pm

s@int wrote:I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.

sorry but i've got my reservations about kenny coming in,,,

stinks of newcastle and keegan,, :(
I've watched my Heroes throught the slats at Melwood,,
I've STOOD on the KOP,,
I've cried for the 96 ,,

Don't EVER question my loyalty or support.

YNWA
agoodmentality

Postby sixbuster » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:41 pm

Ciggy wrote:
sixbuster wrote:AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE! Anyone see Ian St John on Sky Sports, he was utterly depressed and embarassed with a tribute to Shanks coming on Wednesday. Go Rafa go, your team and panel are simply not good enough. Hang your head in shame you have embarrassed the greats of this club. :veryangry

Your embarressing honestly Rafa's panel? WTF is that?

WTF are you on about? Is what I wrote not clear for you?
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby TheLad » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:41 pm

And Benny played like sh!te as well, has to get a grip of himself.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:42 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Let me put this out now.....don't want the hippies to come with the rubbish that the fans were singing benitez's name during the end of this game...

NO....NAH.....NOPE.....the fans are walking out. They are booing loudly !!!!...... This is the truth....

I dont think many happy clappers will argue much atm mate. I've been trying to see the good side of things but you're got to draw the line somewhere and seeing that dross week in week out for 15 games now is takin the p!ss.

Haha....don't give the clappy hippies too much credit. Give it a few days....and they will be back to "real fans go to matches"..."real fans were signing benitez's name"..... blah blah blah....

Will you :censored: off with your hippie calling who the feck do you think you are . Im still here supporting our manager an the team. an im not going nowhere , but you are one gloating little b.astard, your fecking made up im telling you when we get beat, your like a little rat coming out the woodwork to  have a dig at Rafa . Have you ever heard of sinking ships kid , the hawks hover an you are the fecking king of the hawks , you actualy make me sick to think that you support this team
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby agoodmentality » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:42 pm

The_Rock wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:That was the final straw for me.

We're taking in defeats by the barrel load, frequently going down with barely anything to show for ourselves and this was another to add to that collection. What makes it worse is the fact that this is an opponent we're supposed to be fighting to overhaul in the table and also the fact that it was at Anfield.

The first half was fine, but the second was a total shambles and a repeat of what we've seen too often this season. We seemed to just accept the state of play, rather than busting a gut to keep our lead, or indeed showing them that this was our patch and that we're the side who should be pressing and going for a second. And even if you may argue that their equaliser was a tad fortunate, or that their second was a bit of a wondergoal, we knew there was going to be a reaction in the second half, and we know they're very dangerous in and around the box. We should have been controlling, pressing and dominating play from the beginning of the second half, not 'attempting' to after they'd gone 2-1 ahead. When they did, we had all of 30+ minutes to do something about it and the response was frankly embarrassing. We looked lost, without composure, confidence or cohesion and I think we could do with a change.

OMG........LFC_2007 has become a sith too.........

Now only have to wait for sabre and emerald red...and we will have control of the senate.... :wwww

Lol
I've watched my Heroes throught the slats at Melwood,,
I've STOOD on the KOP,,
I've cried for the 96 ,,

Don't EVER question my loyalty or support.

YNWA
agoodmentality

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:43 pm

sixbuster wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
sixbuster wrote:AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE! Anyone see Ian St John on Sky Sports, he was utterly depressed and embarassed with a tribute to Shanks coming on Wednesday. Go Rafa go, your team and panel are simply not good enough. Hang your head in shame you have embarrassed the greats of this club. :veryangry

Just say backroom staff instead of panel and your laughing mate.
account deleted by request

Postby shanklygates » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:43 pm

rafa simply has to go, he cannot motivate that team any longer, and i know lots of you love rafa but ffs guys thats 3 wins in 15 games!!!!, and we now lost more games than stoke, that just says it all for me, this is relegation material, its just a good job other teams are worse than us.
shanklygates

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:44 pm

agoodmentality wrote:
s@int wrote:I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.

sorry but i've got my reservations about kenny coming in,,,

stinks of newcastle and keegan,, :(

Exactly my thoughts. At the time Blackburn won the league, Kenny had full control of whatever he wanted. He won't get that here with those two kunts. The focus should be them. That's priority as far as I'm concerned. The manager second.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:45 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Let me put this out now.....don't want the hippies to come with the rubbish that the fans were singing benitez's name during the end of this game...

NO....NAH.....NOPE.....the fans are walking out. They are booing loudly !!!!...... This is the truth....

I dont think many happy clappers will argue much atm mate. I've been trying to see the good side of things but you're got to draw the line somewhere and seeing that dross week in week out for 15 games now is takin the p!ss.

Haha....don't give the clappy hippies too much credit. Give it a few days....and they will be back to "real fans go to matches"..."real fans were signing benitez's name"..... blah blah blah....

Will you :censored: off with your hippie calling who the feck do you think you are . Im still here supporting our manager an the team. an im not going nowhere , but you are one gloating little b.astard, your fecking made up im telling you when we get beat, your like a little rat coming out the woodwork to  have a dig at Rafa . Have you ever heard of sinking ships kid , the hawks hover an you are the fecking king of the hawks , you actualy make me sick to think that you support this team

He's either Legless....or shameless. But i'll have a punt on just plain ol' Clueless.

Rock you're one Grade 'A' Bellend. Do yourself (and this forum)a favour and stfu lad.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby sixbuster » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:45 pm

s@int wrote:
sixbuster wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Just say backroom staff instead of panel and your laughing mate.

LOL :laugh:
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby shanklygates » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:46 pm

benny played like sh*te guess why?...cos he IS shi*te
shanklygates

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games