Liverpool V West Ham Sun 11th December 16:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:19 pm

That one was not as clear as the first, but Origi should have had a pen there as well.

Clyne is ***** me off. He can't cross to save his life. Has been just above useless this season.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:22 pm

1 win in 4 games against Southampton, Sunderland, Bournemouth and West Ham.

I'd say we have a f*cking problem right now.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Mikz » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:23 pm

Slowly slipping down to where we really deserve to be from what i can see.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:23 pm

We're in a rocky patch, for sure, but it could be worse.  I think Klopp needs to think long and hard about our goalkeeper situation. Karius is costing us points.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:27 pm

Does Klopp have the answers tactically? Seems a bit of a one trick pony to me.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:29 pm

devaney » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:27 pm wrote:Does Klopp have the answers tactically? Seems a bit of a one trick pony to me.

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Maybe you and AlgyMoon are spending too much time together .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:30 pm

We need to sign a CB and maybe even a keeper in January, we have scored 5 goals in our last 2 games and come away with a solitary point. Chelsea are 6 points ahead of us now and they have a decent run of fixtures ahead of them as well where as we are just entering a tough period.
Hate to say it but you get the feeling the title has gone.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:34 pm

Poor result. West Ham are in rubbish for and come to Anfield and take a point. Just hope Coutinho is back before Mane heads off to the Afcon because I dread to think what we will be like with both those missing from the team at the same time.
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:30 pm wrote:We need to sign a CB and maybe even a keeper in January, we have scored 5 goals in our last 2 games and come away with a solitary point. Chelsea are 6 points ahead of us now and they have a decent run of fixtures ahead of them as well where as we are just entering a tough period.

I think keeper is the priority now. A good keeper that gives confidence to the defence. Karius's decision making is all at sea. Sell Migs and buy a top quality keeper and push Karius to the bench and challenge him to improve, because lets be honest, at the moment he is ***** and teams have wised up to the fact he has a ***** up in him during a game.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:30 pm wrote:We need to sign a CB and maybe even a keeper in January, we have scored 5 goals in our last 2 games and come away with a solitary point. Chelsea are 6 points ahead of us now and they have a decent run of fixtures ahead of them as well where as we are just entering a tough period.

Yup i would settle with top 4 now. I can't see us winning the title. The lads should have got the job done today they bloody even should have snapped 3 points last week.
I think with many of us fans is we can get a little carried away. Its been soo long since a title that when we seem to get into the groove we get emotional and cling on hope maybe this could be our year.

Its not going to get easy yet. Tough fixtures coming up, Mane off Couts still out.

Our aim this season is to get back into the champs league so i guess lets stick with that target. Feck title talk, its just going to disappoint us.

As far as team is concerned we need more quality.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:42 pm

Doeboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:40 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:30 pm wrote:We need to sign a CB and maybe even a keeper in January, we have scored 5 goals in our last 2 games and come away with a solitary point. Chelsea are 6 points ahead of us now and they have a decent run of fixtures ahead of them as well where as we are just entering a tough period.

I think keeper is the priority now. A good keeper that gives confidence to the defence. Karius's decision making is all at sea. Sell Migs and buy a top quality keeper and push Karius to the bench and challenge him to improve, because lets be honest, at the moment he is ***** and teams have wised up to the fact he has a ***** up in him during a game.

Agreed. Migs isn't up to it and should be moved on. However, sticking with Karius isn't the answer either. We must bring in a quality keeper as competition between the sticks is a priority. As is a proper left back and a replacement for Sakho too
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:49 pm

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp: "We tried everything. One West Ham goal was a free-kick and one was lucky. They were 2-1 up and we had some great offensive situation and should have more. We tried everything. We were often in the box, a lot of situations. So it's a draw we have to take it. It felt like the whole time we were were in their box. We needed a bit of luck. Draw, doesn't feel too good. doesn't feel too bad.

"Similar to last week? No, these games are not comparable. We drew. We are a good football side. The goals could have been avoided. That's how it is in football. Mixed emotions, it's still a point.

"For the first goal - don't make the foul, don't lose the ball. The second goal was unlucky. Joel Matip made a fantastic game and in this moment he couldn't clear the ball. Loris Karius was surprised and it was too late.

"Should Karius have saved the free-kick? For this I have to see it again, I only saw it in the match."
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:50 pm

Think this pretty muchs sums up our issues..

Liverpool have scored more goals than any other Premier League side so far this season (37).

However, Watford are the only side in the top-half of the table to have conceded more goals (26) than Jurgen Klopp’s side (20)
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:56 pm

We need to find a top keeper from somewhere, the likes of De Gea and Lloris bail their teams out of the s[hit] where as our keepers drop us right in it. It's not all down to poor goalkeeping, we need a top CB and DM as well, Van Dijk and Dahoud would be perfect but watch us dawdle and twiddle our thumbs next month whilst the likes of City and United snap them up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Doeboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:50 pm wrote:Think this pretty muchs sums up our issues..

Liverpool have scored more goals than any other Premier League side so far this season (37).

However, Watford are the only side in the top-half of the table to have conceded more goals (26) than Jurgen Klopp’s side (20)

Those stats are pathetic mate. Defensively were poor.We have been for many years and still have not fixed our issues.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games