west ham v LIVERPOOL Sun 7th Nov 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:38 pm

Hopefully we can regroup over the international break. Because we are dropping points all over the place.

And one thing is for sure, we aren't winning the league on this form.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:40 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:20 pm wrote:Why does Thiago overplay every goddamm pass!!

This is my thought exactly.. looks pretty but how many times has he actually affected a game significantly /memorably? Zero as far as I can remember
It's a bad day at the office all round with a few exceptions.

I'm totally unconvinced by Thiago up till now...flatters to deceive and imo does not fit into our style of play - PL is too quick and the defenders are too strong for him. Looked excellent in the one team Bundesliga but is not doing anything noteworthy here. Naby and Ox play before him every time for me when fit.

Ok as a back up option against the so called lesser lights.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:41 pm

Just one of those days. I'm calm. It happens.

Time for Konate to take over from Joel.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:28 pm

It's unrealistic to expect Thiago to come off the bench and change a game like that when he's been out for 6 weeks, the concerning thing for me was that that was our best back 4 (or back 5 if you want to include Ally) and 2 of our 3 CM's were Fab and Hendo yet I lost count of the number of times WH carved us open. There's something structurally not quite right atm, we are conceding 2 and 3 goals not every game but pretty regularly now.
I wonder about the high line, it worked great when we had pre injury Virgil and the fleet footed Joe Gomez who always seemed to have counter attack situations under control but we look rattled now when teams break on us.
This is bigger than Naby or Thiago or AOC, as I say this is structural.Have we got the legs at the back and in midfield to play that way anymore?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:28 pm wrote:It's unrealistic to expect Thiago to come off the bench and change a game like that when he's been out for 6 weeks, the concerning thing for me was that that was our best back 4 (or back 5 if you want to include Ally) and 2 of our 3 CM's were Fab and Hendo yet I lost count of the number of times WH carved us open. There's something structurally not quite right atm, we are conceding 2 and 3 goals not every game but pretty regularly now.
I wonder about the high line, it worked great when we had pre injury Virgil and the fleet footed Joe Gomez who always seemed to have counter attack situations under control but we look rattled now when teams break on us.
This is bigger than Naby or Thiago or AOC, as I say this is structural.Have we got the legs at the back and in midfield to play that way anymore?

Well said
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:04 am

An awful performance and result, however, this is somehow was expected when you have looked at the team selection there were too many weak links, as it was in Matip (new playmaker who was at fault for the second goal) Robbo is out of form, above all, we still have a doggy keeper who has cost the team three goals in last two league games!
In order to finish above M. City and Chelsea, we need a better squad or a better rotation system of the existing squad, however, this is not Klopp's strong point.
Arsenal will prove to be a stronger test!  The manager & players must improve otherwise, we could lose touch with teams that are ahead of us.

Good Luck lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:41 pm

i think 3 at the back might be worth a try, especially now we've got Konate.
Let's face it every team in the division tries to exploit the space in behind our fullbacks, with 3 at the back if someone does get behind Trent or Robbo 1 of the 3 CB's can go to meet him and we'd still have 2 guarding the goal.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:55 pm

Bad mistakes cost us in this match and tbf Westham deserved the 3 points.

Defensively we are wayward at the moment. However,I think were going to have a problem in the middle. Too many injuries and looking weak. We should've replaced Wijnaldum.
Ox, Keita, Thiago spend a lot of time in rehab. Millie is old and jsut lesvesr us with Hendo and Fab. Curtis Injury came out the blue.

I hope we don't have a midfield crisis like we did last year with CB.

I just hope by Christmas time were still close to the top.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:03 am

+ Elliot injury.  The stats show us Ox, Keita and Thiago are injury prone but we don't do anything to off load them!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:38 pm

Keita, Ox, and Thiago, have been available far more than people suggest.

Since returning from an ankle injury in February, Keita missed one game against Preston in the League Cup due to a minor foot injury, and Klopp said he is due back from the hamstring injury he picked up in the Brighton game soon after the international break. So he would have missed 3-5 games.

Ox hasn’t missed a game of football due to injury since he returned in December. So almost a year injury free and available.

In the derby last October, Richarlison tried to break Thiago in half and he ended up with an injury that kept him out until December. He was then fit for the rest of the season and alongside Trent and Salah was our best player on the unbeaten run that got us into the Champions League. He picked up a calf injury on September 18 and made his comeback against Atletico on 3rd November. So about 6 weeks.

All going well, we could have Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Keita, Ox, Jones, and Milner, available when we come round to playing Arsenal straight after the international break. It will only be Elliott who we are missing.

I mentioned after the Brentford game that there are some tactical issues that Klopp and his coaching staff need to work on. The defence and Fabinho are being exposed too much. For me the two midfielders either side of Fabinho are the problem at the moment. They are both playing high and letting runners get behind them when we lose the ball. Henderson especially looks a concern to me as he seems to be losing a lot of battles and also struggling to get back into shape when we lose the ball.

I'd be tempted to go to an out and out 4-2-3-1 like we did when we integrated Fabinho in his first season. Having two sitting players from Thiago, Fabinho and Henderson, and then playing either Firmino or Taki behind Salah or even Origi.
Eagle

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games