West Ham v LIVERPOOL - Sat 4th Nov KO 5.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:51 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 pm wrote:I missed the last goal, was it any good

Yes it was a nice strike which arrowed right into the bottom corner just inside the post. Motd is on in an hour or so mate, you can see it on that

Cheers pal :), hopefully now in two weeks, we will be at full strength with llalana back as well and our front four of Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Firminho can get the chance to play together properly for the first time this season, which they haven't Had the chance yet, and we can put a few wins together and climb up the table. We are only one point from 4th place spurs and 9 points off leaders Man City,who will no doubt drop points over the season. :) :) :)
Amen
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:27 pm

Klopp deserves credit for his use of different tactical formations in our last few games ,from playing three at the back against Huddersfield ,alternating wingers against Maribor and making us far more rigid with a 442 today, Bilic, believe it or not, had a game plan today ,and the managers use of this formation and the inclusion of Chamberlain played with two deep lying midfielders left West Ham with nowhere to go and certainly no solution,add to that Firmino's phenomenal work rate behind Salah and Mane and we simply gave them little or no room for manoeuvre.

My only gripe is Mignolet ,I just dont know why he feels the need to stoop when he's trying to stop an onrushing striker ,surely the aim is to make yourself big  ??? Yet he defends his goal like Toulouse lautrec
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:46 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:27 pm wrote:My only gripe is Mignolet ,I just dont know why he feels the need to stoop when he's trying to stop an onrushing striker ,surely the aim is to make yourself big  ??? Yet he defends his goal like Toulouse lautrec

Daft mistakes like that can cost points. I don't know why he does that myself.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:03 am

Good enough result against a team in the doldrums. Their supporters were rubbish as well !!

As for the suggestion by somebody that we can still win the league - I love the positivity - bring it on !
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:21 am

Again, a case of job done. Yes West Ham were awful (Bilic is gone after that imo) but you have to go out there and put these teams way and that's what we've done. That's 3 wins on the bounce so definitely something we can build on. Southampton at home next, another winnable game but expect them to be a tougher nut to crack.

Talk of the title is way off as this defence and keeper can't be trusted. West Ham missed a couple of very good chances today that other teams would put away. But top 4 is something we are well on course for.
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:25 am

devaney » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:03 am wrote:Good enough result against a team in the doldrums. Their supporters were rubbish as well !!

As for the suggestion by somebody that we can still win the league - I love the positivity - bring it on !

Their supporters are top draw mate ,I have a mate whose a staunch Hammer and season ticket holder and you wouldn't believe whats going on there ,since they moved to a stadium 'they had no say in' there has been an attempt to socially cleanse the fan base by ridding it of their most ardent supporters,the stewards and the owners have propagated stories about racism among its faithful and even had someone hand out fictitious flyers to allude to such ,as publicized with a fervor by the media at the time.

The stewards have deployed every method open to them to enrage fans and they still turn out in their droves, but make no mistake mate they love their club as passionately as we do ours its just Sullivan and Co have grander plans and jellied eels and cockles aren't part of their machinations.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/12/west-ham-united-fans-want-action-london-stadium-segregation-problems-police-presence

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:18 pm

I'm really concerned for Algymoon....he's not been on here for weeks now and something must have happened to him.  :(

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that he's stayed away because we've won our past 3 games and are playing rather well  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:05 pm

:laugh:    :nod

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:37 pm

After today's games there's only a 4 point gap between us in fifth and United in second. Considering the start we've had we are in a surprisingly good position.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Man City look miles ahead of the rest. I know still a long way to go in the season but week by week, it's looking more and more about who will finish second imo. Watched the game today and didn't think Arsenal were that bad but City are just on a different level to everyone else.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:31 pm

Doeboy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:51 pm wrote:Man City look miles ahead of the rest. I know still a long way to go in the season but week by week, it's looking more and more about who will finish second imo. Watched the game today and didn't think Arsenal were that bad but City are just on a different level to everyone else.

Considering how competitive it is at the top of the table qualifying for the CL for a second successive season would be significant progress for us. The last time we managed to do that was back in 07/08 and 08/09, pretty much a decade ago.
If City fall apart then fine, let's be in a position to take advantage but as of now finishing in the top 4 should be our main focus.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:09 am

Doeboy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:51 pm wrote:Man City look miles ahead of the rest. I know still a long way to go in the season but week by week, it's looking more and more about who will finish second imo. Watched the game today and didn't think Arsenal were that bad but City are just on a different level to everyone else.

Don't swallow the hype,City are good but they're not unbeatable ,I too watched the game earlier and they seem to be having  the rub of the green in terms of decisions going their way,one highly contentious offside goal and a penalty that was orchestrated by Sterling  were awarded in their favor. Arsenal also missed a host of chances ,enough to merit a draw at least. If City are miles ahead of Chelsea and Spurs I haven't seen it yet !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:56 pm

It was a very welcoming three points, considering it is an okay performance by the team, West Ham was really Sh*t, however, had they taken their chances against our defence which it was marshalled by the flat foot our best CB Klavan, and untrusted keeper, who almost gifted them a spot kick! the final scoreline would have been different... I don't go into the clever tactics of one formatted manager!!!
our best player was CAN and our worst player Firmino (our best CF)
algymoon

Postby redshade » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Firmino worst player? This surely has to be a wind up.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:35 am

7_Kewell » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:18 pm wrote:I'm really concerned for Algymoon....he's not been on here for weeks now and something must have happened to him.  :(

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that he's stayed away because we've won our past 3 games and are playing rather well  :laugh:

Do you HAVE to tempt fate??     :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games