LIVERPOOL v Tottenham Sun 31st March 4.30pm K.O

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby eds » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:51 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:33 pm wrote:I shed my first tears of the season after that goal.. It was such a massive goal in terms of the title race, drawing that game would have given City the chance of losing one game and still winning the title on goal difference. We have 1 big team left to play and we're at home and City have 2 both away.

The title race is still alive guys!!

Same reaction from me mate.

I was in tears as the ball trickled over the line.

There is something quiet mystical brewing this season, so many results have gone our way.

This has to be it!!!!

:buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Santa » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:18 am

I remembered Dudek pulling off the truly impossible double saves from Savchenko at Istanbul that our names was already engraved on the cup...same feeling this season
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:42 am

Santa you absolute fkg muppet !!  :laugh:  I recorded the F1 and the Liverpool match as I was out with the family celebrating Mother’s Day. I mananaged to escape from the restaurant without knowing any sports results. Watched the match and didn’t touch any technology. Twenty laps had gone and I decided to have a look at our forum and what do I read from you LUCKY WIN FOR HAMILTON !! Probably the last place in the world I would have expected to see the result. On a serious note I actually felt sorry for the French kid !!

As for the match on another day we would have lost especially if Spurs had been more lethal. VVD and Robbo stopped what looked like two certain goals. I dread to think what would have happened if Lovren and Moreno had been playing. Both instances happened when Henderson, Milly and Gini made up the midfield. They create absolutely nothing and their main task is to make it incredibly difficult for the opposition to score. They failed on both counts. I struggle to understand Kloppo at times. He tried for too long to prove a point with very average goalkeepers and the likes of Moreno. He is now doing the same fkg thing with the midfield. Fabinho has been one of our best players for weeks and he leaves him out - I despair. And what’s happened to Shaquiri ? Why is he clearly out of favour ? Keita began to improve and now he doesn’t get a look in.

The important thing was that we got 3 points and mentally crippled the haters. The flack that Carra is getting on Buff Foon (Blue Moon to the uninitiated  :laugh: ) for getting a tad over excited when we got the winning goal is downright laughable !! Just how much of a defining moment the late goals against Everton and Spurs will price is anybody’s guess.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:43 am

Reg » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:42 am wrote:
Red Rum » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:36 am wrote:Huge question marks about the manager playing Milner, Hendo and Wjnaldum, reminiscent of last season.

This is the business end of the season and we can't afford to make any errors in team selection, ie, leaving Fabinho on the bench.

I hope our managers judgement pays off

One mistake though and the season's over..... he can't take risks one way or the other. He's watching the videos and taking advice from his team I hope....

That's it. It's fine margins now between success and failure.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Rum » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:45 am

Santa » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:18 am wrote:I remembered Dudek pulling off the truly impossible double saves from Savchenko at Istanbul that our names was already engraved on the cup...same feeling this season

I had the same feeling last season about the champions league, when we were steam rolling the likes of porto and Roma, and I thought our name was on the cup, but looked what happened.

A few twists and turns still to come.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:59 pm

It was a win!outstanding performance of VDK, Robo and Alexander
algymoon

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:00 pm

More excellent stuff from Algymoron but who the fk is VDK  !!  :laugh:

Woof haven’t we had enough ? And before you say it I don’t mean of me  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:31 pm

Our name isn't on anything. If we win the league it will be because of what we've put in and achieved over 38 games. Credit will go to Klopp and the players. If we don't win it will be because Man City are an incredible team who just had a bit more than us.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:33 pm

kazza » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:15 pm wrote:I am happy the match panned out like it did as that was a better result than had we won 1-0. I feel the pressure is causing the players to play with shackles on and a result like that shakes the tree a little to help snap them out of it. When they equalized i thought “OK, lets see what you are made of” and they came through. We are going to have these moments where we have to battle and dig deep and I’m sure there will be more this season and the more we do it and come through, the more we will develop true grit.

After the Everton match at Anfield (the one where we won in similar fashion) we went on a seven match winning streak beating Napoli, ManUre and Arsenal along the way, I hope this result gives us the same momentum. Matches like that gets the club buzzing.

For those asking for Salah to be benched remember, he carried us last year so we carry him this year, I thought we were Liverpool. He is still the best player we have and he will get into a groove again. We need to support him, not bench him. He doesn’t look disinterested, he looks like he is trying too hard and surely that deserves support.

Agreed mate, I thought the same myself, it is even better that we won it like this. That 1-0 freak goal against Everton and that celebration afterwards gave us a huge lift and we went on and had one of the best months we've recently had, and in December no less. This victory will hopefully have a similar effect. Some people say we were lucky but never mention how City won their previous 3 or 4 games only because ref decisions went their way.

As for Salah, like I said in his thread, he shouldn't be benched, but he must start thinking more about the team than scoring, when infront of goal.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:04 am

City just look more convincing in their general play though.
Saying that, that was probably the worst MF Klopp could have put out, whenever those 3 are together we always look effin useless and toothless, hopefully Fabinho will start every game from now on in. IMO he should have the same cast iron guaranteed starter status that the likes of VVD, Mo, Alisson, Sadio, Booby etc have.
I actually thought the Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Lallana midfield combination was doing alright, I don't know why he changed it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:25 am

Dev, which part of Algymoon's expert analysis do you disagree with?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:07 am

Reg » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:25 am wrote:Dev, which part of Algymoon's expert analysis do you disagree with?

I’m not Dev but I’d say calling Salah “Abu Falafel” is inappropriate, the fact he has gas is irrelevant

(Note anyone that has not had falafel, its the Arab baked beans and will make you fart like fog horn)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:35 pm

Reg » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:25 am wrote:Dev, which part of Algymoon's expert analysis do you disagree with?

Reg - Algymoron reviews are similar to listening to a politician talking about Brexit - nobody has a fkg clue what he is on about  :laugh:  I’m all for having a bit of fun but as Kazza says this knobhead  :kungfu: goes too far and let’s face it rather than being remotely amusing he/she is obtuse in the extreme. I’m certain that he/she contributes towards the overall demise of the forum. I definitely spend less time here than I have in the past.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:12 pm

kazza » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:07 am wrote:

I’m not Dev but I’d say calling Salah “Abu Falafel” is inappropriate, the fact he has gas is irrelevant

(Note anyone that has not had falafel, its the Arab baked beans and will make you fart like fog horn)

oi, don't make fun of falafel :wwww

VVD is boss

yeh we got lucky, but so f*ckin what!  :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:06 pm

metalhead » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:12 pm wrote:
kazza » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:07 am wrote:

oi, don't make fun of falafel :wwww

VVD is boss

yeh we got lucky, but so f*ckin what!  :buttrock

:laugh: ,

Metalhead yer B'stard !

I'm convinced it was you who once sold  me a mint tea and a spiked "Falafel" in Marrakesh  !   :D

Good to know you're still checkin' in here, where I can at least keep an eye on you !

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games