LIVERPOOL v Tottenham Sun 31st March 4.30pm K.O

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:03 pm

damjan193 wrote:f*cking hell, always the same with this club, at the verge of a heart attack!

Don't think we were lucky to win, we were very unlucky to concede (soft foul, ball moving, misskick from Erikssen for the assist) so we deserved that late own goal.

The 2 v 1 with van Dijk won't get enough recognition, amazing defensive play.

Anyway, we got what we needed, the 3 points. A win against Southampton next week, and City will be under enormous pressure considering their fixtures starting 2 weeks from now. Let's not lose the hope!

Spurs were carving us open almost at will when we were chasing the game, it was only poor final balls by the likes of Rose etc that kept us in it. Everyone bar Virgil kept on going AWOL.
That midfield of ours is putting fvcking years on me, I'm still bewildered how Jurgen and his staff could sit there through the opening 25 minutes of that second half without actually changing anything. Everyone and I mean everyone could see that it was only going to be a matter of time before Spurs scored. Rabbits caught in the headlights isn't even the word.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:15 pm

Fine margins now between being in the title race and "game over" , no room for any errors now...

Keep the pressure on City up and hopefully they will crack due to high pressure and fatigue.

Three points.. Bring on Southampton. :buttrock
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:03 pm wrote:
damjan193 wrote:f*cking hell, always the same with this club, at the verge of a heart attack!

Don't think we were lucky to win, we were very unlucky to concede (soft foul, ball moving, misskick from Erikssen for the assist) so we deserved that late own goal.

Anyway, we got what we needed, the 3 points. A win against Southampton next week, and City will be under enormous pressure considering their fixtures starting 2 weeks from now. Let's not lose the hope!

Spurs were carving us open almost at will when we were chasing the game, it was only poor final balls by the likes of Rose etc that kept us in it. Everyone bar Virgil kept on going AWOL.
That midfield of ours is putting fvcking years on me, I'm still bewildered how Jurgen and his staff could sit there through the opening 25 minutes of that second half without actually changing anything. Everyone and I mean everyone could see that it was only going to be a matter of time before Spurs scored. Rabbits caught in the headlights isn't even the word.

Klopp really needs to start Fabinho in every game. He is solid, makes good runs and his passing is on point.

I don't want to see Wij/Hendo and Milner together again.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:24 pm

redshade » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:17 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:03 pm wrote:
damjan193 wrote:
Klopp really needs to start Fabinho in every game. He is solid, makes good runs and his passing is on point.

I don't want to see Wij/Hendo and Milner together again.

Spot on.  Fab , Wijnaldum and only one of Milly or Hendo should start- IMO it should be Milner, a real leader and mentally far tougher than Hendo.

Fabhino won the ball repeatedly once  he came on- he is just at a different level to the other 3 in all departments.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Santa » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:27 pm

damjan193 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:46 pm wrote:

That split second decision to not allow the ball to be rolled to Son and to keep Sissoko on his left foot was massive, as was that Robbo's block from Kane
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:47 pm

Are we going to ride our luck to a glorious title? I dont see any other way for us to win it. Klopp is the most underperforming piece in the puzzle right now..His team selection.. his late subs..Not living the game not reacting..We will need a ton of luck to get it done..Good thing we don't have a lot of games left the bad thing it doesnt matter if its Spurs of Fulham we will need a lot of lady luck...

Its evident we can do much better but i just dont see Klopp changing his mind.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:35 pm

only me » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:47 pm wrote:Are we going to ride our luck to a glorious title? I dont see any other way for us to win it. Klopp is the most underperforming piece in the puzzle right now..His team selection.. his late subs..Not living the game not reacting..We will need a ton of luck to get it done..Good thing we don't have a lot of games left the bad thing it doesnt matter if its Spurs of Fulham we will need a lot of lady luck...

Its evident we can do much better but i just dont see Klopp changing his mind.

You don't luck your way to to the top of the table with 79 points in 32 games.  It's hard work that creates the luck because we force our opponents into making errors.

Back in the late 1980s (when we were winning titles for fun) we were famous for winning games in the final few minutes. All great teams do it.  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 pm

Huge question marks about the manager playing Milner, Hendo and Wjnaldum, reminiscent of last season.

This is the business end of the season and we can't afford to make any errors in team selection, ie, leaving Fabinho on the bench.

I hope our managers judgement pays off
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:15 pm

I am happy the match panned out like it did as that was a better result than had we won 1-0. I feel the pressure is causing the players to play with shackles on and a result like that shakes the tree a little to help snap them out of it. When they equalized i thought “OK, lets see what you are made of” and they came through. We are going to have these moments where we have to battle and dig deep and I’m sure there will be more this season and the more we do it and come through, the more we will develop true grit.

After the Everton match at Anfield (the one where we won in similar fashion) we went on a seven match winning streak beating Napoli, ManUre and Arsenal along the way, I hope this result gives us the same momentum. Matches like that gets the club buzzing.

For those asking for Salah to be benched remember, he carried us last year so we carry him this year, I thought we were Liverpool. He is still the best player we have and he will get into a groove again. We need to support him, not bench him. He doesn’t look disinterested, he looks like he is trying too hard and surely that deserves support.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:15 pm

Salah needs to start passing the ******* ball it doesn't matter if he scores, what does matter though is that we win.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:03 pm

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/1 ... 4007195649

VVD booting the ball out of the stadium :D.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:27 pm

That was not good for the heart  :D 

Thought that performance was similar to a lot of games this season where we only ended up with a draw but today luck went our way with the OG. That's 2 weeks in a row pulling it out of the bag  :laugh: . Every team that has won a title gets a bit of fortune here and there!!.

Was disappointed when I seen that midfield trio and Fabinho on the bench. Thought at this stage he had proven his worth to Klopp and shown he can perform in the big games. Our midfield is so much better with him in it even if we want to play with 8 men behind the ball.

Thought Salah put himself about there today. One or two bad calls but he worked tirelessly and gave them no end of trouble. His presence worked out in the end for the winner so delighted he wasn't withdrawn till after that. He is in a bit of a goalscoring blip at the minute but still playing well. His form isn't what it was last year but our form isn't the same either and that's the style that obviously brings out the best in him. 

We keep going  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:37 am

How many times this season have we got to the end of a game and thought 'that was jammy'?

This is the jammy season of the decade.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:42 am

Red Rum » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:36 am wrote:Huge question marks about the manager playing Milner, Hendo and Wjnaldum, reminiscent of last season.

This is the business end of the season and we can't afford to make any errors in team selection, ie, leaving Fabinho on the bench.

I hope our managers judgement pays off

One mistake though and the season's over..... he can't take risks one way or the other. He's watching the videos and taking advice from his team I hope....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:57 am

We better win the league this year,  I don't think my dicky ticker can take too much of supporting this team

Roll on Reds
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games