LIVERPOOL v Swansea - Sun 23rd Feb 2014 13.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:11 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:04 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:03 pm wrote:In Skrtel's defence, our defence is more like a lottery. It's gonna happen to one of them...just a matter of which.

he can't win a header to save his life and his set piece positioning is awful. Sakho is back soon and he should line up with Agger every week.

Skrtel really ain't that bad. He does a lot of off the ball work that's not noticed. But as a whole, our defence dosen't operate well. It's the whole team. Look how easily a few direct balls penetrate the shape. We need to defend better in a more pre-emptive sense and stop our defenders being exposed.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:15 pm

RedAnt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:11 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:04 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:03 pm wrote:In Skrtel's defence, our defence is more like a lottery. It's gonna happen to one of them...just a matter of which.

he can't win a header to save his life and his set piece positioning is awful. Sakho is back soon and he should line up with Agger every week.

Skrtel really ain't that bad. He does a lot of off the ball work that's not noticed. But as a whole, our defence dosen't operate well. It's the whole team. Look how easily a few direct balls penetrate the shape. We need to defend better in a more pre-emptive sense and stop our defenders being exposed.

Agree with a lot of what you say, but the difference in our defence with Sakho (who commands the box better) is huge. I know Flanno is young and inexperienced and Gerrard is still adapting to his new position, but Skrtel should do so much better. He's just a squad player for me who could easily be replaced with a better alternative.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:17 pm

I dount Skrts will survive another transfer window, mate.
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:19 pm

What's the word on Coates? Not going to make the grade?
RedAnt

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:20 pm

We really need to wake up against the lesser teams though. Even though we are winning, I'm not happy with this performance. Don't believe how they are literally waltzing straight through our midfield and onto our defence. Very kamikaze and should be dispatching teams like this in a controlled manner. Just so glad we have two absolutely top strikers
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:21 pm

still confident we'll win (think Suarez will bag a goal today) but am very worried about the space Swansea's getting in the middle of the park. Gerrard is partly to blame.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Lack of concentration going on.....I think the second half will be a lot different though, we'll be more up for it. We need to track Shelvey and Bony's runs. Reckon Suarez will get two goals.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:23 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:05 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:57 pm wrote:Now that's just unfair. Never a free-kick in a million years.

Watch the replay. It was. He won the ball fair and square but then he tripped Shelvey after that.

You serious? You call that a trip? The ball was already at Mign feet and Skrtel was just trying to stand up when he "tripped" Shelvey. Never a foul that.

Regardless, the cross from the free-kick was simple and we should have dealt with it. League 1 marking that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:23 pm wrote:Lack of concentration going on.....I think the second half will be a lot different though, we'll be more up for it. We need to track Shelvey and Bony's runs. Reckon Suarez will get two goals.

I hope you're right...the lack of attention to passing in the midfield is shocking. A couple of times Gerrard and Henderson have passed us into trouble...need to wake the f**k up and realise that Swansea won't give up.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Doeboy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:20 pm wrote:We really need to wake up against the lesser teams though. Even though we are winning, I'm not happy with this performance. Don't believe how they are literally waltzing straight through our midfield and onto our defence. Very kamikaze and should be dispatching teams like this in a controlled manner. Just so glad we have two absolutely top strikers

I think it's naievty on BR's part to keep on attacking with this view of bulldozing our way to wherever we end up this year. I'm sure at this point, we'd all rather he made three points the priority though. I'd like to see us get another goal, maybe two, then focus on keeping the three points. But then we're not good at defending! Maybe BR see's a 5 goal cushion as the safety point, and the time to shut up shop, as opposed to the two of other teams :D
Last edited by RedAnt on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedAnt

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Looking at the replay again, it seems that Skrtel was marking someone else. Agger was the one that should have marked Bony.

I agree with what's being said above. Our problems in defense are far deeper than individual incompetence. We're bad at defending as a whole.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:28 pm

RedAnt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:26 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:20 pm wrote:We really need to wake up against the lesser teams though. Even though we are winning, I'm not happy with this performance. Don't believe how they are literally waltzing straight through our midfield and onto our defence. Very kamikaze and should be dispatching teams like this in a controlled manner. Just so glad we have two absolutely top strikers

I think it's naievty on BR's part to keep on attacking with this view of bulldozing our way to wherever we end up this year. I'm sure at this point, we'd all rather he made three points the priority though. I'd like to see us get another goal, maybe two, then focus on keeping the three points. But then we're not good at defending! Maybe BR see's a 5 goal as the safety point, and the time to shut up shop, as opposed to the two of other teams :D

get another goal and then revert to 5-3-2? Mind you, Toure hasn't scored for a while so might give them a helping hand  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Our defensive fragility is down to more than just one player, Agger looks rusty, Flanno is struggling against Routledge and Gerrard has been anonymous, on top of that they move the ball quick which is bypassing our pressing game.
Tough one for Rodgers this, does he bring on Allen to beef up the midfield and try to get some sort of control or does he just leave things as they are and hope we can out score them in a two fisted slug out.
If we keep on playing as open as we are I can't see us keeping them out second half so I think we are going to need to score more goals to win this one.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Second half, take off Suarez, shove Toure up top and tell him to defend the Swansea goal. If it goes well, we'll stick Skrtel up there beside him.
RedAnt

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:31 pm

RedAnt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:30 pm wrote:Second half, take off Suarez, shove Toure up top and tell him to defend the Swansea goal. If it goes well, we'll stick Skrtel up there beside him.

:laugh:
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games