LIVERPOOL v Swansea - Sun 23rd Feb 2014 13.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby killerp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:09 am

Well swansea drew 0-0 with Napoli today, that should sap a bit of their energy before we meet. Hopefully they will have a stinker & we roll them for a massive win. We should be well rested & focused after the loss to Arsenal. There will be hell to pay if we drop points at home.

Everton play Chelsea at the bridge & cant see Mourinho dropping points, Spurs play Norwich which I'll assume Spurs will come away with 3 points putting them on 53 points. City have a game in hand as do Everton, things could get really tight if we don't break away from the rat pack.

We have to win at all costs, dive, cheat, backstab or steal candy from little kids I don't really care, just get those points, all 3!

Home form should see us through... 3-1 win
killerp

Postby Red Focus » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:55 am

Any win will do for me regardless of the scoreline. Every time when a club sacks their manager, the team generally tends to perform better than before. Look at Spurs and now Swansea. I believe it could be the players did not really respond to their previous boss and are now more willing to listen and play well for their new gaffer. The Swansea of today is not the Swansea we thumped 5-0 last season, the team that came here was their 2nd team as Laudrup wanted to rest all his first team players for the Capital One cup final the following week.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:02 am

They looked really useful against Napoli last night.

Annoying as I needed a Napoli win to complete a fourfold worth £250.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:36 pm

That playing Thursday/Sunday lark is not easy so though so with a bit of luck the extra rest our players have had will give us the edge. The stats show that this lot keep the ball better than any other team in the division (they are top of the possession table) so we will have to work hard to get the ball back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:27 pm

Yeah, it won't be easy against these because they know how to play against us. They like putting teams under high-pressure and this is where we usually get caught off-guard. The fact that they also like to keep the ball at their feet should also be a bit worrying for us.

Luckily, Dyer looked like he got himself injured yesterday against Napoli, so we don't have to worry about Cissokho too much. On the other hand, Michu might be fit.

Still, we are at home and we are obviously the better team. I don't expect it to be easy but I expect us to win.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:28 pm

they are a good possession side but so can we be and the fact we are at anfield i expect us to be ruthless and on fire.
id go with
                                                                 mingy

skrtel              agger

flanno                                                            johnson

gerrard

hendo                       coutinho

sterling                              suarez                              sturridge

im going for confident win, 4.0 with suarez bagging the fecking lot
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:19 pm

ethanr » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:29 am wrote:
fivecups » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:51 am wrote:First of twelve cup finals. Gerrard will have everyone pumped up for this and I think we'll have too much for them.

Incidentally, when did Luis last score, is he having a mini-blip?

Four games straight without a goal, and only 1 in the last 7 (although he's had 4 assists in that time). Seems to be in a bit of a drought, but in fairness he's been pretty unfortunate from some good goal keeping and the posts. He's also turned into much more of a provider considering 4 is about half the assists he's actually deserved to get in that time period.

Thanks Ethan.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:29 pm

Results went against us today, we've just got to win tomorrow plain and simple.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Feb 22nd, '14, 21:29 wrote:Results went against us today, we've just got to win tomorrow plain and simple.

As Ethan mentioned earlier, all our remaining games are now finals, that's how we approach each game start to finish

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Red Focus » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:14 am

I notice our play recently have been more on counter attacking and depending on the lethal finishing of Suarez and Sturridge and because they have been clinical, we managed to thrash a lot of teams at Anfield despite being unable to totally dominating the games. I expect us to emphasise on counter attacking again and allowing the Swans a lot of ball possession. Nothing wrong with it, provided your defence is strong and the SAS find the back of the net when the opportunities are there begging. Good Luck Redmen, we desperately need to win all our remaining games. Everton beaten by Chelsea makes them lesser of a threat for 4th, Spurs are now our main rival.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby killerp » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:17 am

Fook.. Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Mancs all win.

Only positive out of all that is seeing Everton drop off.
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:54 am

I can't see Spurs dropping points against Norwich either the form they are in so we are going to have to win today.
Lot of pressure on us to get the result, all the other teams in contention will be sitting back with their feet up hoping Swansea can do them a favour so a convincing home win will let them all know we are in for the long haul.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Hopefully Suarez willend his drought and we can win convincinly.

Would not be suprised to see Norwich get a point

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:11 pm

Line up from the Offal

The Liverpool team in full is: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge.

Substitutes: Jones, Teixeira, Toure, Moses, Allen, Aspas, Cissokho

Cmon Redmen
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Never been so completely relaxed and convinced of a win. They've got Bony who will try and rough up Agger and Skrtel but apart from that, I just can't see what they have to offer. They will probably sit back and try and make it hard but once we score, I think the floodgates will open unless they just make it a damage limitation job and stick everyone behind the ball but even then we will find a way through with our attack. Straight forward 3 points  :buttrock
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games