Liverpool V Palace Sun 23rd KO@16.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 22, 2021 1:23 pm

Glad to get this season over us and think we are fortunate to be a driving seat for 4th heading into the last match. Just get the 3 points and get the season over with  :nod .

Its Roy's last game so they might try and put in an effort so we need to be prepared for that. Having fans in will be a massive boost.

3.0 to us  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 22, 2021 3:27 pm

Our entire season literally hangs on this game so no pressure then!
Incidentally I hope our fans give Roy a decent send off at the end of the game, yes he was awful when he was here but he has had a long career and we have a tradition of making magnanimous gestures like this. When Roy started out in management Bob hadn’t long taken over from Shanks and the likes of Billy Bingham was at Everton, Tommy Docherty was at United, Tony Book was at City, Eddie McCreadie was at Chelsea and Bertie Mee was at Arsenal.
I am not a young man by any means and that’s getting towards my earliest memories of football so a managerial career spanning back that far deserves respect.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Our final, with fans back in what more motivation do we need. Common redmen get over the final hurdle and put this season to bed.

I just hope we don't go 1-0 down in the early stages. I'm really hoping for a comfortable victory. We've had too many nervy moments this season. Last thing you want is 0-0 going into last 10 mins.

Anyhow I think Spurs may get a result against Leicester, I feel BR will be after GD.

Chelsea will despatch Villa.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat May 22, 2021 8:03 pm

Ok we haven’t been at our best and we have had the most ridiculous run of COVID assisted losses at Anfield but all is not lost. 7 wins and 2 draws in our last 9 matches is impressive when you consider that several players have been far from their best. No Captain Henderson and a makeshift defence hasn’t actually helped either. We just need one final push to secure a top four finish before putting this feckin awful Covid ravaged season behind us !!

It also has to be remembered that this game is worth a small fortune financially. Champions League qualification will also have implications in the transfer market. Quality players demand CL football.

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Sun May 23, 2021 12:43 am

It’s a miracle we’re in this position...I thought we were done for after that dreadful run.

I wasn’t nervous initially, especially in the aftermath of the win vs Burnley.....but I’m certainly shitting bricks now lads. I think palace will do everything they can to spoil our party and give Owl a good send off. But I strangely crave this feeling in the pit of my stomach, where a lot is at stake....and that adrenaline rush of winning after being on edge for 90mins. I’m hoping we can put it to bed well before the 90 min mark though. No stupid errors early on like in the Burnley game.
Franky000

Postby Reg » Sun May 23, 2021 4:14 am

10,000 Liverpool fans will bring the best out of Bobby, Mo, Trent, Robbo... just you see.  "Bring on the Champions!"

D'you realise we haven't celebrated winning the League yet? Crazy....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun May 23, 2021 9:15 am

Benteke still has an axe to grind so we need to stop him and Saha from getting “grooved”. In front of 10,000 fans our boys should be motivated so this should be routine but the first goal will go along way of making it that. We should have too much for them on every level.

COYR
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun May 23, 2021 11:46 am

Zaha in the channels against our CBs could be a disaster. We have to make sure they don't get caught like that too often and when they do the midfielders must come in behind and provide cover.
Eagle

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 23, 2021 12:11 pm

Let's put this awful season to bed with a strong finish.

I'm going for a thumping 4-0. I also quite fancy Spuds to beat Leicester.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 23, 2021 1:03 pm

We should have too much for them but I just can’t shake this horrible feeling that this **** of a season hasn’t quite finished with us yet and has still got one more card to play.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 23, 2021 2:25 pm

With fans in im going for 4-1.

Mane with an explosive performance (2)
Salah
Firmino

Trio having an amazing game.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 23, 2021 2:26 pm

Initially I thought this would be the easiest game out of the last 3 games left after the match with Man U, but now that it's here and there's a lot at stake, I'm a little worried. Thankfully we have fans back at the stadium and they should lift the boys for this important final game.

Hope Nat gets a good reception and also Gini for what would likely be his final game with us. And also, fans can actually celebrate last season's title.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sun May 23, 2021 3:09 pm

LIVERPOOL TEAM NEWS

Starting XI: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, R Williams, Robertson, Tiago, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Subs: Adrian, Milner, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Jota, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, N Williams.

Same starting XI as last time.

Really good to see Jota and Hendo on the bench- lets hope they can come on for a couple of cameos once the game is put to bed (3-0)  on 60 mins or so.  :grinning:
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 23, 2021 3:42 pm

damjan193 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:26 pm wrote:Initially I thought this would be the easiest game out of the last 3 games left after the match with Man U, but now that it's here and there's a lot at stake, I'm a little worried. Thankfully we have fans back at the stadium and they should lift the boys for this important final game.

Hope Nat gets a good reception and also Gini for what would likely be his final game with us. And also, fans can actually celebrate last season's title.

Yeah as one of the players who broke our 30 year title hoodoo Gini deserves a terrific reception but I’ve got a funny feeling he’ll be here next year anyway. As I understand it he hasn’t signed any pre contract agreements or anything like that with anyone else which leaves the door open for something to be sorted out during the summer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 23, 2021 3:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 23, 2021 2:42 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:26 pm wrote:Initially I thought this would be the easiest game out of the last 3 games left after the match with Man U, but now that it's here and there's a lot at stake, I'm a little worried. Thankfully we have fans back at the stadium and they should lift the boys for this important final game.

Yeah as one of the players who broke our 30 year title hoodoo Gini deserves a terrific reception but I’ve got a funny feeling he’ll be here next year anyway. As I understand it he hasn’t signed any pre contract agreements or anything like that with anyone else which leaves the door open for something to be sorted out during the summer.

He's as good as gone. And has been for many months.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games