LIVERPOOL v Swansea - Sun 23rd Feb 2014 13.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:01 pm

RBG - 17 points out of the last 21 yes I repeat 17 points out of 21 !!! There is no such thing as perfection in football. You talk as if we have major problems. Stop panicking and try to enjoy the ride. I know there is room for improvements but in every sport or business strengths have to be relied upon. BR knows the defence is not performing at the level he would like. That will change. We all want the unthinkable to happen but it isn't going to be an easy ride.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:51 pm

devaney » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:01 pm wrote:RBG - 17 points out of the last 21 yes I repeat 17 points out of 21 !!! There is no such thing as perfection in football. You talk as if we have major problems. Stop panicking and try to enjoy the ride. I know there is room for improvements but in every sport or business strengths have to be relied upon. BR knows the defence is not performing at the level he would like. That will change. We all want the unthinkable to happen but it isn't going to be an easy ride.

So you're placing all the onus on frittering away far too much possession, and conceding a worrying amount of goals to what should be vastly inferior opposition on the shoulders of our much beleaguered defence ?  All of it   ??? I tend to leave the maths alone until its worth it  ,that's when the winners and the holders of the most coveted spots in football are officially announced.

Lets hope when they release the official season DVD both discs are equally as playable  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:57 pm

We don't do easy !! I'm sure you are only too aware of that. Treats like Arsenal,Spurs and Everton don't happen too often !! May 2005 is more our kind of thing !! The important thing is that we would probably have lost the games like Swansea and Fulham in the not too distant past and yet we won them. And yes for me when you've got a defence of almost ever changing personnel that is the area we have most of our problems. Johnson at times this season has been pitiful and I don't use the word lightly. Cissoko for a lot of the time has been utterly woeful. If you have twenty percent of your outfield players, and defenders at that, it really isn't that difficult to see where the real problems are.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:39 pm

devaney » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:57 pm wrote:We don't do easy !! I'm sure you are only too aware of that. Treats like Arsenal,Spurs and Everton don't happen too often !! May 2005 is more our kind of thing !! The important thing is that we would probably have lost the games like Swansea and Fulham in the not too distant past and yet we won them. And yes for me when you've got a defence of almost ever changing personnel that is the area we have most of our problems. Johnson at times this season has been pitiful and I don't use the word lightly. Cissoko for a lot of the time has been utterly woeful. If you have twenty percent of your outfield players, and defenders at that, it really isn't that difficult to see where the real problems are.

I seen your point in the ratings thread ,you know that particular nook of the forum that's supposedly free from remonstration  :;):

Anyway, I understand if Rodgers made his defence practically invariable we might form an understanding at the back ,and in truth the
swapping and changing is at times unnecessary ,with Johnson's sudden inclusion being a prime example.......And yet it makes not a
blind bit of difference how solid the back four actually are, if you consistently invite pressure by fielding a porous midfield.

Our back four received no protection whatsoever (something that's not open to argument)  against Swansea ,and until we see a player who
sits in front of our defence with his main objective being to starve our opponents of time on the ball ,we will continue to see similar mistakes.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:22 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:39 pm wrote:
devaney » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:57 pm wrote:We don't do easy !! I'm sure you are only too aware of that. Treats like Arsenal,Spurs and Everton don't happen too often !! May 2005 is more our kind of thing !! The important thing is that we would probably have lost the games like Swansea and Fulham in the not too distant past and yet we won them. And yes for me when you've got a defence of almost ever changing personnel that is the area we have most of our problems. Johnson at times this season has been pitiful and I don't use the word lightly. Cissoko for a lot of the time has been utterly woeful. If you have twenty percent of your outfield players, and defenders at that, it really isn't that difficult to see where the real problems are.

Our back four received no protection whatsoever (something that's not open to argument)  against Swansea ,and until we see a player who
sits in front of our defence with his main objective being to starve our opponents of time on the ball ,we will continue to see similar mistakes

But I prefer if he doesn't just pass the ball backwards and sideways all the time you know?  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:23 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:22 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:39 pm wrote:

sits in front of our defence with his main objective being to starve our opponents of time on the ball ,we will continue to see similar mistakes

But I prefer if he doesn't just pass the ball backwards and sideways all the time you know?  :D

Oh,you think this is specifically about Lucas then ? Nothing to do with the team being more permeable in the middle than Aldi shit roll  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games