LIVERPOOL v Swansea - Sun 23rd Feb 2014 13.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby sgs » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:48 pm

LFC has international defenders even on the bench. Have loaned out the best young CD in S. America, and yet cannot get it together in defence!

There are individual mistakes littered all over that back line; own goals, botched marking assignments, silly fouls, etc

How Rogers cannot stamp this out is a real mystery!

This is not how a serious team should perform!!!
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:48 pm

We are now the leagues top scorers with 70 goals, 1 ahead of city, however, we have conceded 35, thats on 1 less than palace and 8 more than Arsenal and city and 14 more than Chelsea.

thought you might like a few stats, haven't had that many since Owzat got the hump
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:50 pm

maguskwt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:40 pm wrote:
ethanr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:35 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:32 am wrote:Make no mistake guys, this was always going to be a difficult game, like I said before the match. Swansea like to press high which is always a problem for us. They're also good at keeping the ball and passing it around so our own pressing was never going to be as efficient as it usually is.

Anyway, 1 out of 12 cup finals won. Roll on next week.

That's how I've been saying you beat us all season. Pressure our keeper and our defense. Either way, our keeper will roll it out whether our defense is under pressure or not, and our defense likes to pass it around no matter how many opposite shirts are in our half. High pressure and lots of it and we really struggle to cope.

This kind of defending, is a feckin joke! Why don't wee keep the ball in the middle? What happened to possession football? Skrtle, Mignolet and to a certain extent Toure are liabilities... I don't understand why BR subbed Agger instead of Skrtle...

I should be happy for the win but I'm not...  :veryangry  If I were one of the forwards, I would be ***** off... having to keep scoring and scoring to win the game...

Agger was rightfully subbed. As bad as Skrtel was, Agger was even worse IMO. I'll have to watch it again but Bony's goal was Agger's fault I think.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby sgs » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:51 pm

How is it we cannot stamp out these mistakes?

For the most part these are not structural mistakes; they are individual errors...

How is it that this just goes on and on...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Well that was fun.  Anyone here have clean shorts at the end?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:53 pm

3 points the most important thing but that performance was shabby. Hoping it is just a one off, can't always be perfect
Doeboy

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:01 pm

I haven't read every post but the ones I have read give Swansea absolutely fk all credit for playing very well and making our lives very difficult. Fulham was no different. Time we looked at the opposition instead of just having a right old go at some of our own players. I'm no fan of our back line but they are actually made to look worse by the brilliance of our attack. Yes things have got to change but for the moment I'm going to enjoy the three points and hope that Norwich shove one right up Spurs  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby sgs » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Doeboy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 pm wrote:3 points the most important thing but that performance was shabby. Hoping it is just a one off, can't always be perfect

I'll be a rich man if I got a dime for Everytime some LFC fan said this!!!
sgs

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:04 pm

A great result, despite the performance. Swansea are a good side, with tricky players and fighting hard. We overcame them and remain on course for a good season. It's a team game, and for all questionable performances by individuals, the team won. Sure the machine as a whole needs more work, but as ugly and stuttering it may be at times, it's still doing what it's supposed to.

If the bread gets toasted, it's still toast, and so the toaster works.

(Whoops, sorry, that last bit was meant for the toaster forum I have open in another tab)
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:11 pm

Boocity » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:41 pm wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:30 pm wrote:F**k sake, that was nervy, very nervy. I suppose, we will have games like these where concentration levels are not good (even at home). Times like this, we have to scrap, and scrap through. BR will need to sort something out with the defence for our remaining games. Come summer, need an overhaul.  Srktel, was bound to give one away like that, he's been asking for it.........

Btw, hadn't realised until late on, the Ref was the one that allowed the balloon goal.

Just hope Skrtel learns from it, I don't blame the ref, I thought it was a pen, he may get away with things like that on a corner were there is loads of pushing and shoving going on but that was a cross in open play and he just pulled him over. Ridiculous and needless

Skrtle learning from it??? I won't hold my flecking breath... Didn't he concede a penalty before defending like that? And near the end of the game he just shoved a Swansea player out of his way in the penalty box! Lucky the ref didn't give it...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Swansea deserve a lot of credit for how quick they moved the ball about, we struggled to get our pressing game going because they were knocking it around first time, by the time we got anywhere near one of their players the ball had already gone. In Routledge and Dyer they had 2 flyers out wide and they exposed the lack of genuine pace in our back 4, Flanno in particular struggled to cope with Routledge.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Feb 23rd, '14, 17:42 wrote:Swansea deserve a lot of credit for how quick they moved the ball about, we struggled to get our pressing game going because they were knocking it around first time, by the time we got anywhere near one of their players the ball had already gone. In Routledge and Dyer they had 2 flyers out wide and they exposed the lack of genuine pace in our back 4, Flanno in particular struggled to cope with Routledge.

They do indeed deserve a lot of credit. They closed us down fast and we couldn't cope with it. They played really well. Luckily we scrapped through, and sometimes that's what we have to do, scrap hard.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby only me » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Great Result and a fantastic game to watch. (if you aren't a liverpool supporter with heart issues..). Thought BR lost the tactical battle and ,again ,lost the midfield to a good ball controlling unit as Swansea.
Our superior attack was enough today but will it come through every game? ,well it must ,as the cavalry isn't coming and our defensive unit as well as our defensive game is just average.
Any team which will press us high will cause major troubles to our team ,we are just struggling in getting the ball forward and the combination of erratic CB's plus a keeper which won't leave his line for the life of him is a recipe for disaster. Really hope Sakho will return quickly as he seems calm enough to pass the ball forward and get pressure of.

Anyway we are winning without are top striker actually scoring then we must be doing something good. Keep the pressure going on the top three as in this stage i feel we are just a good as those bunch and in a great position to turn this season to something glourious.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:11 pm

With Norwich beating Spuds...how vital are these 3 points? I've always maintain that Skrtel will a) give away a penalty by his constant pulling and shoving in the penalty box and b) injured one of his team mates by climbing over them to celebrate a goal. This guy need some serious talking to...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:40 pm

parchpea » Feb 23rd, '14, 16:42 wrote:Wins an win and playing below standard.

Swansea are a decent side though and on a good day can give anyone a game.

I don't care how we do it its just about winning at all costs now but no doubt there
will be a defensive overhaul in the summer.

There has to be a overhaul of the defence. At times, I thought I was going through the LFC - NUFC games of yesteryear, again.

Anyway, some comments......... 

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2014/02/we ... ns-et.html

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games