LIVERPOOL v Swansea - Sun 23rd Feb 2014 13.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:23 pm

Thank fook for that :buttrock
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:23 pm

Thank God! The hell with this! ***** sakes!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:24 pm

That was just soooo painful to watch the whole time. At 2-0 up I thought this was going to end 6-0. Just so much sloppiness from all the players. And it's not nervousness, because at 2-0 up it was all about over-confidence and a lack of desire to put in a solid defensive shift. Suarez also had a bad game by his standards today.
kartiek

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:27 pm

Moses has just come on and yet he's not chasing the ball or booking it to get back. Really shows his commitment for the club.

That was ugly. So happy it's over. Games like these make me feel physically ill and further contribute to my quickly decreasing length of life.

I didn't think we were that great. Our whole defense was pretty poor today, and Gerrard really came in patches today. I thought Suarez had his worst game in a very long time. Didn't understand taking off Sterling either, I thought he was playing really well. I did think Allen was really good when he came on tho, which is great to see. I expected better from us at home to be honest, but the jobs done.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:30 pm

F**k sake, that was nervy, very nervy. I suppose, we will have games like these where concentration levels are not good (even at home). Times like this, we have to scrap, and scrap through. BR will need to sort something out with the defence for our remaining games. Come summer, need an overhaul.  Srktel, was bound to give one away like that, he's been asking for it.........

Btw, hadn't realised until late on, the Ref was the one that allowed the balloon goal.
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Great game, we did what was needed... score more than we concede = 3 points.

I don't care if you've all had heart attacks, p1ssed your keks or punched the missus in frustration, that was a great game.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:31 pm

What a flippin game. Don't know whether I'm delighted, furious or just relieved.
tonyeh

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Make no mistake guys, this was always going to be a difficult game, like I said before the match. Swansea like to press high which is always a problem for us. They're also good at keeping the ball and passing it around so our own pressing was never going to be as efficient as it usually is.

Anyway, 1 out of 12 cup finals won. Roll on next week.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:33 pm

That was like Liverpool of old, pure rollercoaster.

Swansea are like Rodgers krytonite!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:35 pm

damjan193 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:32 am wrote:Make no mistake guys, this was always going to be a difficult game, like I said before the match. Swansea like to press high which is always a problem for us. They're also good at keeping the ball and passing it around so our own pressing was never going to be as efficient as it usually is.

That's how I've been saying you beat us all season. Pressure our keeper and our defense. Either way, our keeper will roll it out whether our defense is under pressure or not, and our defense likes to pass it around no matter how many opposite shirts are in our half. High pressure and lots of it and we really struggle to cope.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:40 pm

ethanr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:35 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:32 am wrote:Make no mistake guys, this was always going to be a difficult game, like I said before the match. Swansea like to press high which is always a problem for us. They're also good at keeping the ball and passing it around so our own pressing was never going to be as efficient as it usually is.

That's how I've been saying you beat us all season. Pressure our keeper and our defense. Either way, our keeper will roll it out whether our defense is under pressure or not, and our defense likes to pass it around no matter how many opposite shirts are in our half. High pressure and lots of it and we really struggle to cope.

This kind of defending, is a feckin joke! Why don't wee keep the ball in the middle? What happened to possession football? Skrtle, Mignolet and to a certain extent Toure are liabilities... I don't understand why BR subbed Agger instead of Skrtle...

I should be happy for the win but I'm not...  :veryangry  If I were one of the forwards, I would be ***** off... having to keep scoring and scoring to win the game...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:40 pm

We can't carry on like this !

Can we ?

:D

More seriously, I read today that Rodgers is looking at signing a marquee striker (Benzema) in the summer ! as if our strike force isn't good enough   :p

Meanwhile our defence is at times a fking shambles.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:41 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:30 pm wrote:F**k sake, that was nervy, very nervy. I suppose, we will have games like these where concentration levels are not good (even at home). Times like this, we have to scrap, and scrap through. BR will need to sort something out with the defence for our remaining games. Come summer, need an overhaul.  Srktel, was bound to give one away like that, he's been asking for it.........

Btw, hadn't realised until late on, the Ref was the one that allowed the balloon goal.

Just hope Skrtel learns from it, I don't blame the ref, I thought it was a pen, he may get away with things like that on a corner were there is loads of pushing and shoving going on but that was a cross in open play and he just pulled him over. Ridiculous and needless
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:42 pm

Wins an win and playing below standard.

Swansea are a decent side though and on a good day can give anyone a game.

I don't care how we do it its just about winning at all costs now but no doubt there
will be a defensive overhaul in the summer.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:45 pm

maguskwt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:40 pm wrote:
ethanr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:35 pm wrote:

This kind of defending, is a feckin joke! Why don't wee keep the ball in the middle? What happened to possession football? Skrtle, Mignolet and to a certain extent Toure are liabilities... I don't understand why BR subbed Agger instead of Skrtle...

I should be happy for the win but I'm not...  :veryangry  If I were one of the forwards, I would be ***** off... having to keep scoring and scoring to win the game...

Keeps them on their toes though :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games