Liverpool V Sevilla - Europa League Final - Wed May 18th

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Wed May 18, 2016 9:52 pm

eds » Wed May 18, 2016 9:51 pm wrote:I'm sorry but this was one of the most disgusting games I have ever watched.

2 CLEAR handballs in the first half not given and a disgraceful offside GOAL allowed.

Yes, we weren't great in the 2nd half but the refs decided the outcome today.

Emery is fantastic manager and have to admit he out-thought Klopp, which is why then ended up winning 3-1.

Absoulately gutted but more angry that this simply wasn't a fair fight from the get go.  :no

This  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed May 18, 2016 9:56 pm

Did we actually signed Moreno from Sevilla or he's just a deep cover agent?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed May 18, 2016 9:57 pm

eds » Wed May 18, 2016 8:51 pm wrote:I'm sorry but this was one of the most disgusting games I have ever watched.

2 CLEAR handballs in the first half with penalties not given and a disgraceful offside GOAL allowed. After that I lost count how many times they started playing basketball.

Emery is fantastic manager and have to admit he out-thought Klopp, which is why then ended up winning 3-1.

Absoulately gutted but more angry that this simply wasn't a fair fight from the get go.  :no

Pathetic post mate...Ref had nothing to do with it...Players should take responsibility for such a sad performance.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 18, 2016 9:59 pm

eds » Wed May 18, 2016 8:51 pm wrote:I'm sorry but this was one of the most disgusting games I have ever watched.

2 CLEAR handballs in the first half not given and a disgraceful offside GOAL allowed.

It wasn't offside, Coutinho played it back so the offside rule doesn't come into effect, basically it was a back pass and you can't be offside from a back pass. Coutinho was a bit unlucky the way it ricocheted off him but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
Agree about the ref though, you'd think out of those 3 decent pen shouts in the first half he would have given us at leat one.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Wed May 18, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed May 18, 2016 9:59 pm

Also a lot of you better reign yourselves in.

We had a fantastic first half and to say we were flat is just simply not true.

When Emery changed the tactics, Klopp couldn't match him, which is why we ended up going to pieces in the latter stages of the 2nd half.

It's an emotional game and a lot of us are feeling frustrated but the majority of our players had solid games.

This outcome just magnifies the mountain we need to start climbing to get back to the top of Europe.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Wed May 18, 2016 10:03 pm

only me » Wed May 18, 2016 8:57 pm wrote:

2 CLEAR handballs in the first half with penalties not given and a disgraceful offside GOAL allowed. After that I lost count how many times they started playing basketball.

Pathetic post mate...Ref had nothing to do with it...Players should take responsibility for such a sad performance.

I guess you didn't watch the first half then.

A pathetic performance is being done 4-0 without a single sniff of scoring.

We were all over them and if the refs had decided to show up today we would have been 2-0 or 3-0 at halftime, which would have been a very very different game.

We got out-thought for 45 minutes and all of a sudden it's a sad performance by everyone........ yeah ok........  :help
Last edited by eds on Wed May 18, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 18, 2016 10:03 pm

eds » Wed May 18, 2016 8:59 pm wrote:Also a lot of you better reign yourselves in.

When Emery changed the tactics, Klopp couldn't match him, which is why we ended up going to pieces in the latter stages of the 2nd half.

It's an emotional game and a lot of us are feeling frustrated but the majority of our players had solid games.

This outcome just magnifies the mountain we need to start climbing to get back to the top of Europe.

The first half hour was awful, we looked flat and off the pace and it was only when Sturridge scored that we seemed to have any sort of spark about us.
You can try to blame Jurgen all you want but at the end of the day the players just didn't turn up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed May 18, 2016 10:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 18, 2016 9:03 pm wrote:
eds » Wed May 18, 2016 8:59 pm wrote:Also a lot of you better reign yourselves in.

The first half hour was awful, we looked flat and off the pace and it was only when Sturridge scored that we seemed to have any sort of spark about us.
You can try to blame Jurgen all you want but at the end of the day the players just didn't turn up.

Disagree completely.

Sevilla had 1 shot on goal (a speculative bicycle) and didn't even look like scoring, we on the other hand should have been leading 3-0.

Don't know how that's considered a "flat" performance Yakka.

eds

Postby only me » Wed May 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Mate we had a decent last 15 minutes first half and that's it we didn't create any chance or shot at goal...Hardly fantastic...We didn't move the ball...Milner crosses were missing Clyne hardly worked the Line Coutinho missing...We were avarage at best in our "better" minutes..Can't single one player which was good today.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed May 18, 2016 10:08 pm

Too many of our players didnt turn up tonight. We'll learn from this and Klopp will need to try to come up with a plan B once in a while; needed to react and we didnt seem to have anything up our sleeve.

Bring on next season.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 18, 2016 10:12 pm

A flat performance is when we don't press teams or apply pressure to them, the first half hour was a non event which basically meant that our pressing game wasn't working.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed May 18, 2016 10:16 pm

only me » Wed May 18, 2016 9:06 pm wrote:Mate we had a decent last 15 minutes first half and that's it we didn't create any chance or shot at goal...Hardly fantastic...We didn't move the ball...Milner crosses were missing Clyne hardly worked the Line Coutinho missing...We were avarage at best in our "better" minutes..Can't single one player which was good today.

So I guess keeping Sevilla to one speculative shot in 45 minutes doesn't count?

So I guess the 8-1 shot tally doesn't really matter either? Or the time spend in each others ends either?

I must have been watching a different game.

A lot of you are seeing us fall apart in the 2nd half and instantly casting a net that we were rubbish the whole game........

Watch the game again and take the passion out of it and you will see what I am talking about.

We should have been or 2 or 3 up at half-time and were simply "unlucky" with the refs.

2nd half Emery out-thought Klopp which is why our players underperformed so spectacularly.

eds

Postby eds » Wed May 18, 2016 10:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 18, 2016 9:12 pm wrote:A flat performance is when we don't press teams or apply pressure to them, the first half hour was a non event which basically meant that our pressing game wasn't working.

We pressed in drips and drabs, but to say we had a poor 1st half because we didn't "press" is a bit of an over-reaction.

eds

Postby Doeboy » Wed May 18, 2016 10:19 pm

aCe' » Wed May 18, 2016 9:08 pm wrote:Too many of our players didnt turn up tonight. We'll learn from this and Klopp will need to try to come up with a plan B once in a while; needed to react and we didnt seem to have anything up our sleeve.

Bring on next season.

Absolutely spot on. When we are able to play our usual style of football, we play some cracking football. Bit concerned that when oppo managers come up with a plan to stifle us, we
don't have a plan B amd look a bit stumped
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Wed May 18, 2016 10:23 pm

The players were very nervous from the beginning. First half an hour we were scared to make a decisive pass or a push forward. When studge scored we were confident and played like we should have.

Their quick goal smashed the players confidence to bits. They just were not the same after that.
Seville grew and we just stood still.

No leadership on the pitch at all.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games