Everton Vs Liverpool 07/04  12:30 Ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:22 pm

Back to the Epl after that superb champions league first leg victory.

I know top 4 is almost sealed however i still would love us to finish 3rd or even 2nd. It would be nice to see us progress up the table from last seasons 4th finish.

I'm hoping somehow we manage to pull out a win but i think this will end up a draw.

Salah, Can, Gomez, Lallana and Matip out.

I would like to see the following line up with Tuesday in mind.

Karius

Clyne  Klavan  VVD  Moreno

Henderson
  Wijnaldum     Oxlaide

Mane              Woodburn/Solanke

Ings
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Be an interesting team selection and Klopp has hinted Ings will start.
Klopp will inevitably rest players with the quick succession of games. I would play Ings and Solanke up front and rest Firmino and Salah.

Hendo will obviously start baring in mind he is out of Tuesday's clash. Defence, Moreno should play and TAA should be rested also.

I hope we can win 2-0 but I would take a draw also.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:09 pm

I think everything should be focused on Tuesday and we can afford a draw or loss here and still get top 4.

That said I dont live in the City so I get that it may be more important locally, and there will be dissatisfaction if Klopp goes too soft.

Everton are probably as poor as I can remember but as always will be incredibly motivated, they will put the boot in and thats my concern in terms of our best players.

Mane, Firmino are a concern for me and be surprised if Salah is involved. They must be protected for the City game.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Migs
—-
Clyde / Gomez
Lovern
Klavan
Moreno
—-
Milner
Hendo
Ginni
—-
Salanko
Ings
Woodburn

There's no way I'd risk a Big Sam bashing of my precious.
Too much to lose and too much to gain by risking our elite...
Our squad simply isn't big enough.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:20 pm

I wanna see sexy football redmen :p

It would be really good to see Ings or Solanke get on the scoresheet or bag the winner in this one.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:17 pm

Have no idea how Klopp will play this one. 

He'll either rest a few (and give the likes of Cylne, Moreno and Ings a go) or push full out with the same team as Wednesday.....Either way. I hope Salah sits this one out.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:07 pm

I think Klavan, Ings, Solanke,  Moreno and Clyne will come into the side but to be honest they are all we have to rotate into the side without playing kids who are not just ready. Shame we have picked up so many injuries in the last month.
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:21 pm

f*ck this ,the derby is just as important as Tuesday ,play whoever is fit ,we need to win all our games until the season is done !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:32 am

Mixed opinions on here on how we should line-up for this one, as expected. I understand why people would like to rest as much players as possible, but personally I wouldn't rotate too much. Keeping the momentum is also very important, plus it's the derby and it's not like a top 4 finish is in the bag either, so I would like us to not lose at the very least. Having said that, I definitely wouldn't risk Salah in this one. Would give Trent a rest as well.

This is how I'd start:

Karius

Clyne.    Lovren.     van Dijk.   Robertson

Henderson
                                Wijnaldum.              Milner

Oxlade.          Firmino.          Mane

I don't think Clyne can play a full game yet, so I'd sub him off at the 60 minute mark. Ings on for Firmino at some point and Moreno on for Robertson or Mane.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:11 am

As others have mentioned although we looked leggy during the second half on Wednesday and our players could do with a rest (especially knowing that City are going to be throwing the kitchen sink at us on Tuesday) truth is our CL place for next season isn't in the bag yet.
Yes we've got a nice little cushion between us and Chelsea but we don't want to fritter that away especially given that we have to go to Stamford Bridge second to last game of the season.
There are 77 hours between the final whistle today and kick off time on Tuesday, that should be enough time for the players to recharge their batteries.
I know the prospect of getting to another CL semi final is very exciting but if we want to attract the best players to the club in the summer we need to be able to offer them CL football next season.
We don't want to throw away 8 months hard work in one afternoon.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:31 am

LIVERPOOL TEAM NEWS

Team to play Everton: Karius, Clyne, Van Dijk, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Mane, Ings, Solanke

Subs: Mignolet, Firmino, Moreno, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Masterson, Alexander-Arnold, Jones
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:53 am

I'd be really ***** right now if I was Moreno  :laugh:
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:02 pm

When Clyne walked off the pitch in pre season holding his back I wouldn't have thought that it would be April when we'd next see him in a red shirt.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:40 pm

Jurgen leaves Robertson and Salah out of the squad. Good precaution that. We need fresh legs for Tuesday.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:45 pm

Bugger me , that should have been one
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games