liverpool v chelsea (F.A cup final).sat 5th may ko 5.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sun May 06, 2012 12:14 am

And we'll probably beat them next week. Unlucky today. Kenny is the right man for us.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun May 06, 2012 1:00 am

Basil » Sun May 06, 2012 4:37 am wrote:The match summed up our season, inconsistent, hopeless for the first hour, pretty good for the last half hour.

It's easy to say it was the wrong team selection now but it's always easy after the event.

The second "goal" was a close call but if you look at it, the goalposts were not level with the goal line, the ball didn't completeely cross the line of the posts but it was well over the actual goal line.

I think we were looking stronger and would have won if the goal was awarded and the game went to extra time.

Some of the older players are not what they were but we have a few younger players who are getting better, 2 or 3 quality replacements over the summer bringing better balance to the squad and I think we will see big improvements and more consistency next season.

Pretty agree with this, as for over summer not just a couple replacements but the return of Lucas will be very welcome

Gutted about the result but as always walk on Lads
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun May 06, 2012 1:01 am

lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 am wrote:and dont forget we have to play them again in a few days.

I don't think anyone has forgot, I do think many don't care though. I for one cannot wait for this season to end.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun May 06, 2012 1:09 am

Just reading the forum on LFC TV, and it was the Liverpool fans booing the national anthem. I wondered at the time who was booing, now I know !

We are not english, we are scouse !  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 06, 2012 1:14 am

We only have ourselves to blame after that 1st half performance...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Sun May 06, 2012 6:00 am

We showed too much respect for Chels before they scored their first goal and still looked shaky before the 2nd goal. After Drogba's goal, we raised our game and played like there's no tomorrow and Chelsea were made to look like novice. Sad Carroll's header did not completely cross the line. Suarez didn't get much service playing as a lone striker.

Somehow Kenny just couldn't make up his mind what his tactics is and that's why we're inconsistent. With benefit of hindset, it should have been a 4 4 2. Our problem is not so much our defence or ball possession, it's putting the bl.oody ball into the net. We don't have a consistent goal poacher. We desperately need 2 new strikers (though Carroll is looking more like his Newcastle form), a right winger and a creative midfielder. Sterling and Suso should be gradually grafted into the first team next season.
alwayslfc

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 06, 2012 12:11 pm

The team never showed up ,but the fans did .We sang until the very end and showed Chelsea fans the true
meaning of class ,completely drowned out their crew .

Andy Carroll was simply immense when he was finally introduced and delivered a complete monster of
a performance ,but only Agger and Johnson could be touted as having a similar effect for the reds ,and
to a much lesser extent Downing in the second half .

I really must refrain from commenting on the hapless Spearing and Enrique ,because I could literally
exhaust  every obscenity I have collated over the course of a lifetime .

So we move on ,next season will be completely different ,and this defeat will only make us more
determined to succeed where we have failed so dismally this season

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sun May 06, 2012 12:20 pm

We'll finish this season with one trophey more than utd. I'd of taken that at the beginning.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sun May 06, 2012 12:23 pm

We'll finish this season with one trophey more than utd. I'd of taken that at the beginning.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun May 06, 2012 12:28 pm

It's ok saying in hindsight that Carroll should have started after seeing the impact he made but I'll be honest I was reasonably happy when I saw the team Kenny picked. It soon became obvious that it was going to be a long day though. Spearing and Henderson were poor and got overrun and as a result Gerrard was dropping far to deep leaving Suarez completely isolated. For me, not replacing Lucas like for like in January has been one of our biggest downfalls. Spearing tries hard but just isn't good enough. Downing was abysmal aswell and severely lacks bottle. In the first half, as per normal this season, not once did I see any of our midfielders get anywhere near the penalty area. We never even looked like scoring bar the Bellamy shot off the line. In defence, Enrique had probably had his worst game in a red shirt which made our left side completely redundant for the first 60 minutes. We were 2-0 down and I didn't even think Chelsea had played that well. They didn't have to. They were'nt really any better than us in the first half. The goals aside Reina didn't have a save to make. However they dominated the midfield area during that period and walked through us at will.

So what changed after an hour? Well we have nothing to lose, bring Carroll on, the defence and midfield push up and all of a sudden we look a different animal. The last half an hour was like an attack vs defence training match and Chelsea looked out on their feet and couldn't get out their half. Carroll looked like the player we signed who destroyed Man City at Anfield last season because he was winning everything and bullying the opposition. He looked the strongest and fittest I've seen him in a red shirt. Too often this season he's almost been dropping too deep and playing between the lines almost which is not where we want to see him. Yesterday he was much nearer the goal where he can do damage. Ok it may not be pretty at times but my God can it be effective when he's on his game.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 06, 2012 1:54 pm

7_Kewell » Sat May 05, 2012 6:26 pm wrote:
crim cram » Sat May 05, 2012 6:24 pm wrote:The result leaves me gutted, but Carroll became a Liverpool player today.  Well done, he changed the game and will be a stalwart for us for many a year.  Well done Andy  lad!

the only bright note is Andy's performance...the only thing that would really cheer me up tho is Kenny quiting.  He got it very wrong today against a more than average Chelsea.

Here's to you remaining a miserable pleb then .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat May 05, 2012 12:24 pm wrote:Pepe is the key. If he has a good game we will win
Lets hope the ref doesnt let drogba get away with his diving either

Pepe was the key
:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:08 pm

ITV goal line technology proves that Andy Carroll’s header crossed the line.

lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Roger Red Hat » Sun May 06, 2012 11:23 am wrote:We'll finish this season with one trophey more than utd. I'd of taken that at the beginning.

They won the Community Shield this season.
Boxscarf

Postby laza » Sun May 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Roger Red Hat » Sun May 06, 2012 6:23 pm wrote:We'll finish this season with one trophey more than utd. I'd of taken that at the beginning.

Dont put the mockers on, I wouldnt  be counting that chicken with form Newcastle are at moment and with Arsenal draw. They have everything to play for against Citeh

edit..........but Geordies didnt so you can get back to counting those chickens  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games