liverpool v chelsea (F.A cup final).sat 5th may ko 5.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 05, 2012 7:26 pm

crim cram » Sat May 05, 2012 6:24 pm wrote:The result leaves me gutted, but Carroll became a Liverpool player today.  Well done, he changed the game and will be a stalwart for us for many a year.  Well done Andy  lad!

the only bright note is Andy's performance...the only thing that would really cheer me up tho is Kenny quiting.  He got it very wrong today against a more than average Chelsea.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat May 05, 2012 7:26 pm

It was a goal, but you can't fault the linesman for his call, I had to see the replay three or four times to be sure.

In the end, you've got to play 90 minutes, and we didn't.

Very disappointed with a number of players, Spearing and Enrique especially, though aside from Agger and Carroll, no-one came out of the game looking good in truth.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat May 05, 2012 7:30 pm

I was ***** Dowd didn't give more injury time... how much they wasted with the 2 fake injuries, 5 subs and 2 goals.  It should have been more, and we didn't even start injury time until a minute into it because chelsea wasted that entire time.  Dowd should have automatically played an extra minute for that.  They wasted half of the 5 minute injury time, it was complete f*cking bull Sh*t.

Carroll had his best game in a Liverpool shirt.  He was everywhere, working harder than anybody, and winning every single ball.  Seriously, easily best player on the pitch today, they had nothing to stop him.  So many people are saying it was a mistake not to start him, but so many of the same people would have been upset had he made the starting lineup in the first place. Hindsight...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Greavesie » Sat May 05, 2012 7:31 pm

absolutely f*cking gutted, simple, I'll put it into more words when I'm up to it
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Sat May 05, 2012 7:32 pm

I didn't see it as a goal people, the ball was half half... but it's too late now it's not given.

Very dissapointed with our performance, Chelsea were absolutely ***** and we looked even worse. It was for the taking! We only started to play better when Andy Carroll came on and scored a goal.

Spearing, Henderson, Downing and Enrique had awful games
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat May 05, 2012 7:38 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sat May 05, 2012 8:15 am wrote:On all three occasions Liverpool had beaten Everton in an FA Cup semi-final before this season, the Reds went on to lose the final....

make that four now :( ..
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Sat May 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Anyone who is complaining about the starting line up should have a look at what they are saying....it truly beggars belief.....the alternatives were who?

Kuyt, Maxi & Carroll

How much support have any of those 3 gotten this season from the moaners on here? Very little.

As far as I am concerned the only real contentious issue was Carroll, but there is no guarantee that he would have done what he did from the start. Today was a revelation and most on here didn't think he had it in him either. Arguably it is easier for a 22yr old kid to be a handful for a CB who has played almost 10 extras years at top flight than him and also played 60 mins in a game than from the start and I think that had some to do with it. If any of us and I mean ANY of us could have been certain that he would have performed like that, then yes, I agree it was a mistake...but he's not been one for the big occasion until now. Great news for him that he became a man today and hopefully this will continue......perhaps this is what Kenny has been seeing in him all the way along while he has been taking fire for supporting him?

The real disappointment is the fact that we didn't show up for the first 60 mins. Had we done what we did in the last 30, we would have had a fighting chance of winning this cleanly.

Disappointing, but not the end of the world. Sometimes a significant defeat is more inspiring and a turning point than an easy win. Let's hope this is the case and let's hope there is support for the quality to be brought in that we so desperately need this summer.

Onwards....
Homebooby

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Well for one I have just read there should have been 7 mins added and not 5. My view on the ball over the line is that it was over the line but I am not going to blame the Reddit or anyone apart from that guy that held up goal line technology.
We was Sh*t for 60 mins then turned in to one of the best footballing teams in the world.
It was just not meant to be today. You can't play Sh*t for that long and still think your going to win.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat May 05, 2012 7:45 pm

let's never ever play Everton in the semi final again.. that maypax stat was the f*cking jinx! :veryangry
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:48 pm

FULL TIME RATINGS

Reina - 4 - Not much he could do with the 2nd goal, but let himself and the team down with the first.
Johnson - 6 - Improved immensely in the last half hour like most and caused them real trouble down their left.
Skrtel - 5 -Looked more solid in the second half, not much he could do on the second goal but could have gotten a shot away up the other end a lot quicker to make himself a hero.
Agger - 5 - Better in the second half.
Enrique - 5 - Improved in the second half, looked more dangerous going forward after Carroll's goal, but let himself down badly in the first half..
Spearing - 1 - Should be kept away from the first team from now on and shown the door in the summer. He cost us both goals today and it's his continued inclusion in the side for these big games that I have to question KD about.
Henderson - 5 - Could have made himself a hero in the last quarter of the game with two half decent openings but still not good enough.
Gerrard - 5 - We badly miss the Stevie of old, he looked a pale shadow of the Stevie G from 2006 final and has done all season. Is he entering the death throws of his career already. God I hope not, don't know we will replace him.
Downing - 5 - Had plenty of chances to show us something but didn't take them.
Bellamy - 6 - Tried to do something when he had the ball but was fairly ineffective .
Suarez - 6 - Looked better once he had Carroll up top to feed off and gave them something to think about.

SUBS
Carroll - 9 - Transformed the game and looked like the £35m striker that we signed. His goal was taken exquisitely and he made a fool of JT, was hard done by for his second goal (YES IT WAS IN!! Anyone saying otherwise can fook off  :p ).
Kuyt - 5 - Didn't really have much effect once he came on but maybe should have been on sooner.

MANAGER
Dalglish - 2 - Got the starting line up and tactics horribly wrong and needs to take a long hard look at himself and the players he's choosing week in week out (Downing, Henderson, Spearing, Adam - when fit and the way he's dealt with Carroll this season).
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sat May 05, 2012 7:48 pm

We didn't deserve to win today, Chelsea were marginally better and that was evident in the 2-1 scoreline. The 'goal' that wasn't given wasn't a goal. Players like Henderson, Downing and Spearing should be sold as soon as possible, Kenny needs to be replaced, Carroll was my stand out player today, he came on and we looked so much better, his only mistake was not following up his header to ensure the equaliser couldn't be in dispute. All in all a shocking day, I'm upset and I just want to go to bed.
Boxscarf

Postby Homebooby » Sat May 05, 2012 7:53 pm

MANAGER
Dalglish - 2 - Got the starting line up and tactics horribly wrong and needs to take a long hard look at himself and the players he's choosing week in week out (Downing, Henderson, Spearing, Adam - when fit and the way he's dealt with Carroll this season).[/quote]

Seriously? What was the alternative starting line up for you then?
Homebooby

Postby burjennio » Sat May 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Absolutely rubbish for an hour, and left ourselves a mountain to climb. Anyone who says that the whole ball crossed the line on Carrolls chance needs to take a lie detector test. Cannot believe the lack of passion showed by the team until Carroll came on. Chelsea didnt have to play well because we were that poor. So frustrated at the moment.

The only plus side was the fact that Andy Carroll looked like a f*cking Liverpool player today, shame for him that Cech makes that wonder save because he absolutely dominated the two Chelsea centre backs and the final whistle couldnt come quick enough for them. Robben and Gomez will cut through the Chelsea defense like a knife through butter in a fortnights time, and after listening to their gobsh*te fans on Talksport today going on about Luis Garcias "ghost goal" (and conveniently leaving out the part about how if it wasnt given its a penalty and the keepers going off) and seeing the stickers they plastered all round Wembley way I hope they get absolutely destroyed in Germany, they are a despicable bunch of arrogant c*nts and their owner is the man who turned top flight football into a billionaires plaything.
burjennio

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:07 pm

Homebooby » Sat May 05, 2012 7:53 pm wrote:MANAGER
Dalglish - 2 - Got the starting line up and tactics horribly wrong and needs to take a long hard look at himself and the players he's choosing week in week out (Downing, Henderson, Spearing, Adam - when fit and the way he's dealt with Carroll this season).

Seriously? What was the alternative starting line up for you then?[/quote]
Hmm how can I say this.......fu.ck off
I had no problems with the starting line up. Kenny would not have forseen how ***** they were going to play.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Sat May 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Lakes, the manager's job is not only to pick the starting 11 ...

There's no fluidity in our play.

On another note, this is the first time I'm feeling this, because I was never ever excited by Andy's arrival, but I really have high hopes for the lad now.
kartiek

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games