Liverpool V Bolton - FA CUP - Sat 24th Jan K.O. 5.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:47 pm

only me » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:53 am wrote:
damjan193 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:15 am wrote:Considering the above, I'd go with something like this. A bit silly I guess but here's my line-up:

Mignolet

Johnson   Skrtel    Lovren

Manquillo      Can  Allen       Enrique

Lallana             Balotelli

Borini

A bit stupid yes and it might cost us but we must rest as much players as possible. A shame Ibe is cup tied, would have been perfect for this one. I was really looking forward to seeing him actually.

Why is there a notion we should rest so many players? I thought the FA cup is a bit more prestigious then the mickymouse cup....Anyway if we do rest some I don't want to see players which are on their way out playing ,so no Glenda no Enrique and no Mario please, makes no sense at all,play Academy for all I care .

We're already far enough in the League cup so it gets priority. You have to rest players at some point and this is probably the ideal game for it, considering our schedule after this match. Also, it's only the fourth round of the FA cup, I doubt anyone's going to be gutted if we lose at this point, and we're still favorites to win this match anyway, even with that line-up.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:54 pm

Reply to Danish Red -
Oh yeah, I forgot about Ibe, he's cup tied isn't he mate?
I know when your on a roll it's normally a good idea to keep it going and to change as little as possible but I just think the players put a hell of a shift in against Chelsea (the intensity of our pressing was outstanding) and I just feel that they are going to have to work even harder this Tuesday if we are going to get anything out of that game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:00 am

Should win but Lennon was masterful at setting up his Celtic teams to deny the vey best and shut out Barcelona a few times.

For that reason I suspect they will make it difficult unless we get an early break through.

I remember when they turfed us out under Souness at Anfield and it went a long way to him getting the bullet.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:54 pm

I'd keep Coutinho, Sterling and Gerrard fresh for Tuesday

This lot should be able to see off Bolton

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:59 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:54 pm wrote:I'd keep Coutinho, Sterling and Gerrard fresh for Tuesday

This lot should be able to see off Bolton

think you might have picked the team there BUT sterling didn't look that sharp so would not mind him getting 30 mins today
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Lovren took a knock yesterday in training , Balotelli had to sit out the last 30 mins

Lallana is rumoured to start as is Johnson and Borini

Rumoured line up from the "Watchers"

Mignolet
                          Can      Skrtel   Sakho
                Johnson   Henderson Allen Enrique
                               Lallana  Coutinho
                                    Borini
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Danish Red » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:21 pm wrote:Lovren took a knock yesterday in training , Balotelli had to sit out the last 30 mins

Mignolet
                          Can      Skrtel   Sakho
                               Lallana  Coutinho
                                    Borini

I know he's got to rotate his squad but that's an extremely negative line up considering we are at home to a side struggling to stay in the championship.
By setting up so conservatively you have got to watch that you don't hand the initiative to the opposition.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:33 pm

According to Rawk the team is as follows :

Mignolet
Johnson
Can
Sakho
Manquillo
Enrique
Henderson
Allen
Coutinho
Lallana
Sterling
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:25 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:21 pm wrote:Lovren took a knock yesterday in training , Balotelli had to sit out the last 30 mins

Mignolet
                          Can      Skrtel   Sakho
                               Lallana  Coutinho
                                    Borini

I know he's got to rotate his squad but that's an extremely negative line up considering we are at home to a side struggling to stay in the championship.
By setting up so conservatively you have got to watch that you don't hand the initiative to the opposition.

Why is the line up negative ?

Its not much different ( in regards type of player ) than what we have witnessed over the past 2 months ?
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:03 pm

Danish Red » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:35 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:25 pm wrote:

Mignolet
                          Can      Skrtel   Sakho
                               Lallana  Coutinho
                                    Borini

Why is the line up negative ?

Its not much different ( in regards type of player ) than what we have witnessed over the past 2 months ?

Well for a start 8 of the starting XI are what I'd describe as primarily defensive minded or hard working players (Mingolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Johnson, Henderson, Allen and Enrique) and out of the remaining 3 Borini is more renowned for his work rate than his creativity.
Normally you'd have at least Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana (or Gerrard) and Markovic which is 4 creative players and a very progressive fullback in Moreno. That gives us a decent 50/50 balance between attacking and defensive outfield players.
We still should have enough to beat Bolton but considering we are live on TV and at home you'd think he would be slightly more adventurous than that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Danish Red » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Well thats the first time i have heard someone describe Johnson and Enrique defensive minded - both poor defensively and very much both look to go forward at every opportunity - add in Lallana and Coutinho plus ( Borini - goalscorer from last week ) then its far from negative. Think the mix is about right - we have solid at the back - width from the wing backs who will look to forward - solid in the middle and creativity in the front three.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:22 pm

Danish Red » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:08 pm wrote:Well thats the first time i have heard someone describe Johnson and Enrique defensive minded - both poor defensively and very much both look to go forward at every opportunity - add in Lallana and Coutinho plus ( Borini - goalscorer from last week ) then its far from negative. Think the mix is about right - we have solid at the back - width from the wing backs who will look to forward - solid in the middle and creativity in the front three.

Well they are fullbacks by trade not wingers and even if they do get forward I wouldn't describe either of them as 'creative'.
Plus let's not forget that Johnson has only just come back from a long lay off and Enrique has looked well off the pace since his knee injury. We should have too much for a team struggling to stay in the championship but even so that's not a particularly good team IMO.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Danish Red » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:22 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:08 pm wrote:Well thats the first time i have heard someone describe Johnson and Enrique defensive minded - both poor defensively and very much both look to go forward at every opportunity - add in Lallana and Coutinho plus ( Borini - goalscorer from last week ) then its far from negative. Think the mix is about right - we have solid at the back - width from the wing backs who will look to forward - solid in the middle and creativity in the front three.

Well they are fullbacks by trade not wingers and even if they do get forward I wouldn't describe either of them as 'creative'.
Plus let's not forget that Johnson has only just come back from a long lay off and Enrique has looked well off the pace since his knee injury. We should have too much for a team struggling to stay in the championship but even so that's not a particularly good team IMO.

But as you said earlier - we need to rotate the squad with some tough games coming up

But the team is as follows

Mignolet
Johnson
Can
Sahko

Manquillo
Allen
Henderson
Enrique

Coutinho
Lallana
Sterling
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby C-R » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:56 pm

We need to go for this full throttle, both Chelsea and City knocked out  :laugh:  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Substitutes: Ward, Lovren, Lambert, Lucas, Borini, Rossiter, Markovic.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games