Leicester V  Liverpool Sat-13th kO @ 12.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:54 pm

I'm still effin seething after that capitulation. I hope that doesn't impact Kabak on his debut, you can only imagine how nervous he's going to be now in that defence, in front of a keeper who's doing a Karius lately.
But the way they threw in the towel after going one up is worst of all.
I'm also worried that Klopp doesn't seem to have a clue how to turn this around.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby parchpea » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:31 pm

Understand Kelleher was injured but Alisson should have been dropped today. Next game on the bench. Thiago good player but too many cheap fouls, Henderson went mad at him. Klopp looks broken after the week he's had and I bet the changing room was tasty after FT. Klopp will always have support of players and supporters but had nothing from owners. We are in a rut and top 4 will be extremely difficult, square one. It's so frustrating but over the last 20 years we haven't had owners who want to build on success. Klopps game is built on running power and energy, this means we need a stronger squad to navigate injury and illness. It costs money FSG are not willing to part with.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:33 pm

Beam me up Scottie.    :veryangry
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:55 pm

parchpea » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:31 pm wrote:Understand Kelleher was injured but Alisson should have been dropped today. Next game on the bench. Thiago good player but too many cheap fouls, Henderson went mad at him. Klopp looks broken after the week he's had and I bet the changing room was tasty after FT. Klopp will always have support of players and supporters but had nothing from owners. We are in a rut and top 4 will be extremely difficult, square one. It's so frustrating but over the last 20 years we haven't had owners who want to build on success. Klopps game is built on running power and energy, this means we need a stronger squad to navigate injury and illness. It costs money FSG are not willing to part with.

This 100%. I guess the other side of the argument is that austerity is necessary during the pandemic, but the lack of necessary support stems back years. There were a few deals lined up this jan, a few marquee CBs, but the manager was overruled time and again. It’s a false economy pinching the pennies because we will lose the financial benefits of CL qualification. Remember how our fortunes turned when the big man joined; a few signings of a similar stature to rebalance the team, which relies on a solid defensive foundation would have gone a long way. Massive oversight, and it ***** me right off.
Franky000

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:56 pm

Think it's a bit unfair to be blaming Ali for today's loss. That collision with Kabak was bound to happen and is the 16th different pairing in front of him this season. He could have gave a shout but maybe Kazak didnt listen or maybe doesn't speak English. Not saying it wasnt a fook up because it was but not his fault we shipped 3.  Trying to play a high line with midfielder and a debutant was always asking for it.

Klopp supports those lads and continuously plays them showing his faith in their abilities so its them that's letting him and us down.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:13 pm

Franky000 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:55 pm wrote:
parchpea » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:31 pm wrote:Understand Kelleher was injured but Alisson should have been dropped today. Next game on the bench. Thiago good player but too many cheap fouls, Henderson went mad at him. Klopp looks broken after the week he's had and I bet the changing room was tasty after FT. Klopp will always have support of players and supporters but had nothing from owners. We are in a rut and top 4 will be extremely difficult, square one. It's so frustrating but over the last 20 years we haven't had owners who want to build on success. Klopps game is built on running power and energy, this means we need a stronger squad to navigate injury and illness. It costs money FSG are not willing to part with.

This 100%. I guess the other side of the argument is that austerity is necessary during the pandemic, but the lack of necessary support stems back years. There were a few deals lined up this jan, a few marquee CBs, but the manager was overruled time and again. It’s a false economy pinching the pennies because we will lose the financial benefits of CL qualification. Remember how our fortunes turned when the big man joined; a few signings of a similar stature to rebalance the team, which relies on a solid defensive foundation would have gone a long way. Massive oversight, and it ***** me right off.

I think a lot of that is speculation. Who was lined up, who wasn't, I reckon a lot of that was agent talk cos nobody is buying right now and those poor agent feckers are on the bread line. Yeah, my hole they are!
Anyway, as I said in a previous post, we've made some fishy purchases. Ox, Naby, Matip - always injured - who didn't do their job on the medical, eh? Yes we've been royally screwed with Virg and Gomez injuries but why does JK insist on players playing out of position at CB instead of real CBs. Yes, a purchase should have been made when Lovren left, but why weren't we flogging Ox, Origi, Wilson, Ojo, and anyone else even if we weren't going to get 20M for each of them. Right now they all add nothing to the first team squad, or by way of generating cash for subs for the first team.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:32 pm

We aren’t playing that bad, it’s individual errors which are costing us it’s not as if teams are laying siege to our goal for 90 minutes. We just need to cut out the silly mistakes and get one or two players back (Jota and Naby are close to a return, they will help as they have both got a goal in them).
We shouldn’t panic, Leicester are only 6 points ahead of us on level games and they are in second place, 6 points is not a lot when there’s still 14 games and 39 points up for grabs.
Everything is going against us at the minute, even when Kabak and Ally collided that ball could have ricocheted anywhere but it fell perfectly for Vardy where as when Trent and Hendo put Mo and Sadio through with great passes the frigging ball wouldn’t sit for them.
That type of bad luck won’t last forever though, as we the get to the run in our experience of being in title races that have gone down to the wire will come in handy and you can bet your bottom dollar that the teams around us will drop points.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:58 am

Just when you need TommySmith (aka Algymoron) for a few words of inspiration even he’s fcked off !! Things must be bad.

On a serious note lads sh1t happens in life. This is football and even if Shanks did suggest that it is more important than life or death we all know in reality that it isn’t especially with what is happening in the world at the moment. We went through 30 years of pain. JK and the owners have done a brilliant job. LFC is a business and why shouldn’t the owners have a sustainable policy. They are not a registered charity.  The owners didn’t have to spend the Coutinho money on VVD,Ali and Fab. We have enjoyed phenomenal football for the last 3 years and whilst this season has been a serious disappointment since Christmas it is not the end of the world. Let’s just remember that with a little bit of luck we could be sitting on two Premiership  and two Champion League titles during JK’s tenure as manager. The real killer for us this season has undoubtedly been injuries to key players and downright bad luck. The lads are currently licking their wounds but mark my words THEY’LL BE BACK  !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:15 am

We’ve just got to make sure we learn from our mistakes, that third goal just highlights the importance of looking after the ball, one slack pass from Mo in the middle of the park when we were pushing up and next minute they are through one on one with our keeper. That’s all it takes sometimes, one slack pass 50 yards away from goal.
I know that was Mo but Bobby in particular can be very lackadaisical in possession, it’s one thing losing the ball when trying to thread a through ball through at the edge of their box but we often give it away attempting 5-10 yard passes in the middle of the pitch, we need to concentrate even when we are doing the simple things.
Re their second, it’s actually an insult to Sunday league defenders to call that second goal ale house defending, Sunday league players would be embarrassed about that goal, a simple shout and it could have been avoided. It’s actually comical to look at, that will deffo end up on one of those football funnies compilations.
As for their first there’s not much you can do about that, balls whipped in with pace from those area’s are difficult to defend particularly when there’s so many players in and around the goalmouth, you have just got to stop conceding free kicks in dangerous area’s but to be fair to Thiago I’m not sure what he’s supposed to do if a player just runs straight at him and flops on the floor. You could see it was a blatant dive the way Barnes was flailing his left leg out fishing for contact, how the hell the VAR officials couldn’t see that was a dive god only knows.
I watched a bit of LFCTV after the game and Gary Gillespie was saying thank god I’m not playing in this era because defending is becoming an impossible task, if defenders are not having to defend with their arms behind their backs or if they are not getting sent off for 2 mundane run of the mill tackles now they are expected to get out of the way of forwards or give away a pen. To be fair he said it’s not just opposition players, our players have done it on occasion.
It’s something officials need to look at because the game is becoming a joke, by giving those types of fouls they are just encouraging players to do it more and more, why bother practicing for hours upon hours honing your skills when all it takes to score a goal is to run into someone and flop on the floor?
It’s like Sterling’s pen against us last week, yeah maybe Fab did dangle a trailing leg but if you look Raheem is already on his way down, he just initiated contact and flopped.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:45 pm

We have been threatening to turn it around so many times but we are still going straight ahead. Firmino today in the papers is the latest to trot the rallying cry but in honesty he needs to take a real hard look at his own performances and form over the last year. It was Ox the week before.

It's not unrealistic to expect someone who owns a business to invest in it. How on earth most of our fans think they shouldn't have to is unbelievable. If we dont get a good run in the CL this year or qualify for next then we are in trouble because they will do nothing but bemoan more money lost and our squad is unsustainable so they will sell to reduce losses. The Club is reportedly worth 10 times their investment so it's not like they would be throwing it into an abyss.

The only reason Klopp got 2 Cb's in january as well is because Minamino got loaned to pay for it  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:58 pm

I don’t think we can easily dismiss that no fans means a huge drop in revenue for a club with balanced books, I’m not surprised. It’s not as if we know the end of it too, there could be no fans all season. If I were them it would be worth the risk as it is probably a buyers market as all clubs are going through the same thing, so probably some good deals out there if you are willing to pay cash.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:59 pm

Yakka is right we are not playing that bad it is just errors that are costing us. Even though things are dire we still can cement a UCL spot so nothing is lost at the moment.

A lot of hard work needs to be done by the whole squad, we need to get the basics right.
A CBs pairing at the back in crucial, risky but I would pair Philips, Davis or Kabak and shift Fab and Hendo back in the middle.

I would play a mid of Hendo,Fab and rotate Thiago and Wijnaldum. Salah,Mane and Firmino rotated with Jota. We still have time to fix up our season, next few games are crucial and we must start with 3 points against our neighbors.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:58 pm

United only drew against West Brom and Everton got beat at home 2-0 by Fulham so clubs around us are dropping points too. I still think we’ll finish second.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:34 pm

UCL spots will be contested between us, United, Liecester and Chelsea. Chelsea are a dark horse and I think will strike in hard under Tuchel.

Good thing for us atm is teams dropping points.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games