DEBRECEN VS LIVERPOOL - Time to do a "bermenstein"

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:43 pm

TheLad wrote:
s@int wrote:
TheLad wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Out of the Champions League. Out of the Premiership race. All before the end of November. Another fookin' shyte season. Well done one and all.

Oh, and nice touch bringing on Aquilani to shake a few hands just before the final whistle blows....well done Rafa

Hold on a second.. What would you prefer, being out of the CL in the next round (final 16), with no chance to bring home the silverware or winning the European League?

CL next round....... the Europa league has no credibility, even "powerhouse sides" like Fulham and Everton play their reserves in this one.

Its nothing like when we last won the UEFA CUP.

Like the League cup it has lost a lot of its former glitter and while it would be nice to win "something " this season, I would prefer the chance of winning something that mattered rather than something of "little importance".

Still a cup is a cup and not to be sneezed at so I think we should have a good go this year.

I suppose its like aiming for a top four place rather than going for the title. Its nice to get top four but it doesn't compare to actually winning the title.

What's so desirable in going out in the next round? Winning the UEFA Cup is SILVERWARE, something we desperately need. When people want to see how much your club worth, you show them ALL of your silverware, Fa Cup CL, UEFA etc. I would love to add one (hopefully more) more cup to our already rich museum...

That is pathetic. Settling for second best, when the likes of Arsenal, Mancscum and Chavski are laughing theit poxy little heads off at us....And YOU think there's a positive in that ?
Shows the level of ambition you have....
We are better than the UEFA Cup or whatever poxy guise it now goes under...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:45 pm

TheLad wrote:What's so desirable in going out in the next round? Winning the UEFA Cup is SILVERWARE, something we desperately need. When people want to see how much your club worth, you show them ALL of your silverware, Fa Cup CL, UEFA etc. I would love to add one (hopefully more) more cup to our already rich museum...

well said mate.

unfortunately "winning trophies" isn't what matters in the modern game. when people talk about the game these days all they talk of is money i.e how much players cost, how much money they are on and how much momey the club can make. finishing fourth is now much more desirable than winning a trophy to most teams due to the financial rewards on offer. with the financial mess we're in this hits home even harder that we have to finish in the top 4 this season more than ever.

personally i want to win something as you said. that's what being a fan should be about. i still think we'll finish in the top 4, provided we get all our players back.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:46 pm

look on the brightside we only have to play Chelsea once more this season :D

*Providing we dont draw them in the FA Cup.*
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:48 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:We are better than the UEFA Cup or whatever poxy guise it now goes under...

our "performances" in the CL would suggest otherwise. most of our displays would have seen us struggle in the europa league aswell.

are you saying that you don't want us to take the competition seriously then?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby TheLad » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:53 pm

stmichael wrote:
TheLad wrote:What's so desirable in going out in the next round? Winning the UEFA Cup is SILVERWARE, something we desperately need. When people want to see how much your club worth, you show them ALL of your silverware, Fa Cup CL, UEFA etc. I would love to add one (hopefully more) more cup to our already rich museum...

well said mate.

unfortunately "winning trophies" isn't what matters in the modern game. when people talk about the game these days all they talk of is money i.e how much players cost, how much money they are on and how much momey the club can make. finishing fourth is now much more desirable than winning a trophy to most teams due to the financial rewards on offer. with the financial mess we're in this hits home even harder that we have to finish in the top 4 this season more than ever.

personally i want to win something as you said. that's what being a fan should be about. i still think we'll finish in the top 4, provided we get all our players back.

Not finishing in the top 4, is out of question me thinks.
with this side:
                Reina

Johnson Carragher Agger Aurelio

Mascherano

Benayoun Gerrard Aquilani Riera

Torres
if, and when they are all available, we will be destroying Europe AND England. And yes, this season. Mark my word.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:55 pm

TheLad wrote:
s@int wrote:
TheLad wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Out of the Champions League. Out of the Premiership race. All before the end of November. Another fookin' shyte season. Well done one and all.

Oh, and nice touch bringing on Aquilani to shake a few hands just before the final whistle blows....well done Rafa

Hold on a second.. What would you prefer, being out of the CL in the next round (final 16), with no chance to bring home the silverware or winning the European League?

CL next round....... the Europa league has no credibility, even "powerhouse sides" like Fulham and Everton play their reserves in this one.

Like the League cup it has lost a lot of its former glitter and while it would be nice to win "something " this season, I would prefer the chance of winning something that mattered rather than something of "little importance".

Still a cup is a cup and not to be sneezed at so I think we should have a good go this year.

I suppose its like aiming for a top four place rather than going for the title. Its nice to get top four but it doesn't compare to actually winning the title.

What's so desirable in going out in the next round? Winning the UEFA Cup is SILVERWARE, something we desperately need. When people want to see how much your club worth, you show them ALL of your silverware, Fa Cup CL, UEFA etc. I would love to add one (hopefully more) more cup to our already rich museum...

I don't agree that we would definitely go out in the next round of the CL, same as I DON'T BELIEVE JUST BECAUSE WE ARE IN A POORER COMPETITION WE WILL DEFINITELY WIN IT.

Given the option I would rather go for a big cup with  less chance of winning it than for a small one with a better chance.
account deleted by request

Postby TheLad » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:57 pm

s@int wrote:
TheLad wrote:
s@int wrote:
TheLad wrote:

I don't agree that we would definitely go out in the next round of the CL, same as I DON'T BELIEVE JUST BECAUSE WE ARE IN A POORER COMPETITION WE WILL DEFINITELY WIN IT.

Given the option I would rather go for a big cup with  less chance of winning it than for a small one with a better chance.

With our current form, I guess we might as well just settle with trying to win the UEFA Cup. It won't help denying the sad facts.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby shawnk » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:10 pm

I dont understand why Rafa cant see that Insua and Lucas are craps. They are such average players.

Insua, cant pass a proper ball forward with minimal/normal pressure from the opponent. So many passing mistake and I lost count of it and worse is it's apparent in many games that opponent is attacking through our left side because that's one of the weak link.

Lucas, hardly see him involve other than passing easiest ball around. There's no creativity in those passes and most of his passes are obvious to the opponent (unlike passes from Gerrald and Alonso). And he's no defensive midfielder like Mascherano (who did so many nice successful flying tackles in this game, good job!).

I really have no idea why Rafa continues to play them.
Last edited by shawnk on Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shawnk

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:16 pm

stmichael wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:We are better than the UEFA Cup or whatever poxy guise it now goes under...

our "performances" in the CL would suggest otherwise. most of our displays would have seen us struggle in the europa league aswell.

I'll agree with you on the muck performances in all competitions this season - there is nothing to suggest we would perform better in the Europa Cup than the CL. Ergo, I don't give a rat's about it. Furthermore, it's a competition for teams who aren't good enough for the CL by definition. So that means by default that we are not as good as...emmmm....Stuttgart ? WTF !?!?! Did I just post that ?

To answer your other question, no, I couldn't give a monkey's about the Europe League. It's for "small clubs" to quote the man himself.....I wonder how many times we'll hear that quote dragged up again ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:21 pm

stmichael wrote:

Bloody hell has it really reached the stage where we are happy to settle for europa league football, well in that case we can sell Stevie and Nando in January, clear our debts and become a mid table team, woo hoo.   :down:
heimdall

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:25 pm

fuk off - fuk right off!  it's a chance to win something this season so we should really get behind the team and hope to god we do go on and win it.

if you think we shouldn't be taking it seriousley then your a retard.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:26 pm

heimdall wrote:
stmichael wrote:

Bloody hell has it really reached the stage where we are happy to settle for europa league football, well in that case we can sell Stevie and Nando in January, clear our debts and become a mid table team, woo hoo.   :down:

Nobody's happy. What I'm saying is we should deal with the fact we are in it, want to do as best we can and win the damn thing. I just don't understand fans who say they'd want to go out of this at the earliest opportunity or couldn't give a damn about it.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:29 pm

stmichael wrote:
heimdall wrote:
stmichael wrote:

Nobody's happy. What I'm saying is we should deal with the fact we are in it, want to do as best we can and win the damn thing. I just don't understand fans who say they'd want to go out of this at the earliest opportunity or couldn't give a damn about it.

Well I agree with that 100%, if we are in the damned thing then we HAVE to fecking win it, if we don't then that will just be even more bloody humiliating.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:30 pm

Lee J wrote:fuk off - fuk right off!  it's a chance to win something this season so we should really get behind the team and hope to god we do go on and win it.

if you think we shouldn't be taking it seriousley then your a retard.

Was that abusive lanaguage directed at me?
heimdall

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:31 pm

TheLad wrote:
s@int wrote:
TheLad wrote:
s@int wrote:
TheLad wrote:

With our current form, I guess we might as well just settle with trying to win the UEFA Cup. It won't help denying the sad facts.

By that argument maybe we should make sure we don't make top four (we are already making a good stab at that) and settle for a place in the Europa cup for next season instead ?

The team is underperforming massively at the moment. That doesn't mean that we will not improve.

It may take a change of manager, or maybe just the manager makes changes , but we will improve.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games