DEBRECEN VS LIVERPOOL - Time to do a "bermenstein"

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby aCe' » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:03 am

Think its mostly the TV rights we'd be missing out on.... 3mill is nothing tbh and selling Dossena would probably balance that if that was our only concern....

As many have said, its not worth the gamble... winning a trophy is nice, regardless of how poor the competition is, but our main focus now having fcked everything of any value up should be ensuring that next year is a little better than this year... To me personally, a Uefa Cup win wouldnt make this season any more a success ... Id rather we won the FA cup anyways...

Oh and the squad is pretty thin in terms of top quality... The likes of Torres, Gerrard, Johnson, Aquilani.... All have struggled with injuries this season and i think the less games they have to play the better... no need to risk them for the UEFA cup when all indicators suggest that getting a top4 spot is going to be quite the challenge...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:35 am

aCe' wrote:Think its mostly the TV rights we'd be missing out on.... 3mill is nothing tbh and selling Dossena would probably balance that if that was our only concern....

As many have said, its not worth the gamble... winning a trophy is nice, regardless of how poor the competition is, but our main focus now having fcked everything of any value up should be ensuring that next year is a little better than this year... To me personally, a Uefa Cup win wouldnt make this season any more a success ... Id rather we won the FA cup anyways...

Oh and the squad is pretty thin in terms of top quality... The likes of Torres, Gerrard, Johnson, Aquilani.... All have struggled with injuries this season and i think the less games they have to play the better... no need to risk them for the UEFA cup when all indicators suggest that getting a top4 spot is going to be quite the challenge...

It would because it would get us into the CL ace.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:28 pm

s@int wrote:Maybe its just me but while I don't place the Europa in the same category as the Super cup, or the World Club Championship, I don't think its in the same category as the FA cup either (money aside)

You are joking. The Super cup and World Club are non-cups, no one is slightly bothered by them except FIFA. They mean fuck all.

What makes me laugh about this thread is those of you that not only want to win the Europa league but think we can win the Europa league.

Have you seen how shit we are?

We'd be lucky to make the semi's the way we're playing. Based on current form it would of been better to finish last and drop out of europe completely. Save the embarrassment.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:31 pm

Dazzer wrote:
aCe' wrote:Think its mostly the TV rights we'd be missing out on.... 3mill is nothing tbh and selling Dossena would probably balance that if that was our only concern....

It would because it would get us into the CL ace.

No. The UEFA cup winners do not get a CL place.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:47 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
s@int wrote:Maybe its just me but while I don't place the Europa in the same category as the Super cup, or the World Club Championship, I don't think its in the same category as the FA cup either (money aside)

You are joking. The Super cup and World Club are non-cups, no one is slightly bothered by them except FIFA. They mean fuck all.

Which was my point  :D
account deleted by request

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:14 pm

Well I for one would like to win the EL (heck, I'd just like to win SOMETHING this season :D) but the trouble is that it won't exactly be that easy: there are quite a few very good teams in there and many at around the level of Lyon and Fiorentina. Furthermore there is a round more than in the CL knockout phase (which incidentally also shoots down the claim that "at least it gives us more time to focus on the league" - it actually gives us LESS free midweeks if we get far). Therefore I'm a bit worried that it might still distract our fight for fourth place and at what cost? On the other hand - as I stated to begin with - I would like to win something this season, so I guess you could say I'm somewhat torn on the matter, as I don't want to win at the cost of missing out on CL next year (which would be the worst thing to happen for our club in the current situation imo).
JamCar05

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games