DEBRECEN VS LIVERPOOL - Time to do a "bermenstein"

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:47 am

Ciggy wrote:It comes to feckin something that we have got a 1.5 million pound backup striker, to see us throguh the season  :no

Sh!t argument, clutching at straws.

Did you forget these strikers Rafa sold -

Crouch
Bellamy
Keane
Cisse (if I'm stretching)

Rafa has had little money to spend but only in comparison to Man Utd and Chelsea. Rafa has made key mistakes in the transfer market that now are costing us by having one of the sh!ttest squads in the league.

If you have little money to spend you don't make risky signings like Aquilani, you play safe - knowing that you only have one chance to get it right.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:25 am

Hang on a minute here, am I completely missing something here??

Here's the table...

surely if Debrecen beat Lyon lets say 2 - 0 and we beat Fiorentina 4 - 0 then that'll be us and Lyon level on everything? so if Debrecen win 3 -0 or we win 5 - 0 then we're through.

Mathmatically it's still possible to go through.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:25 am

F**k me - is Purslow on speed ?

Liverpool will be £2.6million out of pocket, after budgeting for reaching the first knock-out round, but Purslow declared: "Tonight I'm delighted really at the positive signs. We should have won by a lot more.

"We've got players coming back from injury and it's really important our fans understand that we've got some heroes out there, doing it on the park in the past few games, half-fit or on painkilling jabs to do a job for our club.

"I came more in hope than expectation, but I'm very sad because things didn't go for us, but the die was cast with two late goals against Lyon. Those are the fine margins in football.

"We have turned a corner in terms of the injuries, and the performance was evidence of that. It sets us up nicely for a really big game on Sunday, which we go into in a positive frame of mind.

"We budget for a level of performance that maybe fans would not like to be at, but it's prudent, if we have three home games in the Europa League, we are at the equivalent to what we budget for in the Champions League.

"It's a missed opportunity, financially, but it has no effect on budgeted performance, and that's the key thing. Budget prudently and then you don't get negative surprises if football doesn't go the right way.

"This has no bearing on Rafa whatsoever. He signed a new five-year deal four months ago and in those terms he is four months into a five-year journey.

"You don't deviate from long-term plans for people and the way to take the club to the next level because of two late goals against Lyon, and that's what it boils down to."
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:38 am

bunglemark2 wrote:F**k me - is Purslow on speed ?

Liverpool will be £2.6million out of pocket, after budgeting for reaching the first knock-out round, but Purslow declared: "Tonight I'm delighted really at the positive signs. We should have won by a lot more.

"We've got players coming back from injury and it's really important our fans understand that we've got some heroes out there, doing it on the park in the past few games, half-fit or on painkilling jabs to do a job for our club.

"I came more in hope than expectation, but I'm very sad because things didn't go for us, but the die was cast with two late goals against Lyon. Those are the fine margins in football.

"We have turned a corner in terms of the injuries, and the performance was evidence of that. It sets us up nicely for a really big game on Sunday, which we go into in a positive frame of mind.

"We budget for a level of performance that maybe fans would not like to be at, but it's prudent, if we have three home games in the Europa League, we are at the equivalent to what we budget for in the Champions League.

"It's a missed opportunity, financially, but it has no effect on budgeted performance, and that's the key thing. Budget prudently and then you don't get negative surprises if football doesn't go the right way.

"This has no bearing on Rafa whatsoever. He signed a new five-year deal four months ago and in those terms he is four months into a five-year journey.

"You don't deviate from long-term plans for people and the way to take the club to the next level because of two late goals against Lyon, and that's what it boils down to."

He's scary isn't he, classic top management :censored: speak, I bet they have already lined up Rafa's successor, either that or they have budgeted for us not getting into the top 4, budgeted for us becoming a mid-table team and budgeted for the relegation.  :sniffle
heimdall

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:44 am

Lee J wrote:Hang on a minute here, am I completely missing something here??

Here's the table...

surely if Debrecen beat Lyon lets say 2 - 0 and we beat Fiorentina 4 - 0 then that'll be us and Lyon level on everything? so if Debrecen win 3 -0 or we win 5 - 0 then we're through.

My mum said this before :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:46 am

bunglemark2 wrote:F**k me - is Purslow on speed ?

Was he watching the same game? Cause we where fucking sh!te last night.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:49 am

Here's the table...

No mathematical chance whatsoever. If we both finish with 10 points, than they compare the 2 games we played with each other. That is a draw and a loss for us.. :(
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:51 am

Ciggy wrote:Was he watching the same game? Cause we where fucking sh!te last night.

My point exactly, not the usual whining point made by Heimdall...
bunglemark2

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:53 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Was he watching the same game? Cause we where fucking sh!te last night.

Come again, why was my post whining, where I actually explained why I don't like Purslow compared to just accusing him of being on drugs, this place is surreal sometimes.
heimdall

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:56 am

heimdall wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

Come again, why was my post whining, where I actually explained why I don't like Purslow compared to just accusing him of being on drugs, this place is surreal sometimes.

Have you got Alzheimer's or something ?

"budgeted for us becoming a mid-table team and budgeted for the relegation."
bunglemark2

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:14 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

oh well ok, hands in the air :D  but I just don't like that guy.   :angry:
heimdall

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:18 am

Here's the table...

It doesn't go down to goal difference. It's calculated on head to head first.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:18 am

heimdall wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

It has come to my attention that Purslow and Morgan told moores to sell to the yanks. Make of that what you will.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:21 am

Ciggy wrote:
heimdall wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

It has come to my attention that Purslow and Morgan told moores to sell to the yanks. Make of that what you will.

Doesn't surprise me in the least, As I said before I don't trust Purslow as far as I can throw him, utter slimebag corporate w@nker, met far too many pr1cks like him in my time.
Who is Morgan though?
heimdall

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:23 am

heimdall wrote:Doesn't surprise me in the least, As I said before I don't trust Purslow as far as I can throw him, utter slimebag corporate w@nker, met far too many pr1cks like him in my time.
Who is Morgan though?

Steve Morgan used to be on the board, tried to buy us and wanted to build a stadium for us to groundshare with the bitters. he now owns Wolves.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games