DEBRECEN VS LIVERPOOL - Time to do a "bermenstein"

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby tonyeh » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:28 am

bunglemark2 wrote:F**k me - is Purslow on speed ?

Liverpool will be £2.6million out of pocket, after budgeting for reaching the first knock-out round, but Purslow declared: "Tonight I'm delighted really at the positive signs. We should have won by a lot more.

"We've got players coming back from injury and it's really important our fans understand that we've got some heroes out there, doing it on the park in the past few games, half-fit or on painkilling jabs to do a job for our club.

"I came more in hope than expectation, but I'm very sad because things didn't go for us, but the die was cast with two late goals against Lyon. Those are the fine margins in football.

"We have turned a corner in terms of the injuries, and the performance was evidence of that. It sets us up nicely for a really big game on Sunday, which we go into in a positive frame of mind.

"We budget for a level of performance that maybe fans would not like to be at, but it's prudent, if we have three home games in the Europa League, we are at the equivalent to what we budget for in the Champions League.

"It's a missed opportunity, financially, but it has no effect on budgeted performance, and that's the key thing. Budget prudently and then you don't get negative surprises if football doesn't go the right way.

"This has no bearing on Rafa whatsoever. He signed a new five-year deal four months ago and in those terms he is four months into a five-year journey.

"You don't deviate from long-term plans for people and the way to take the club to the next level because of two late goals against Lyon, and that's what it boils down to."

I think he posts on here.
tonyeh

Postby TheLad » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:49 am

Gerrard: "We've played fantastically well tonight."
Oh well, everything is all right then.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby made in UK » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:22 pm

Ciggy wrote:
heimdall wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Was he watching the same game? Cause we where fucking sh!te last night.

My point exactly, not the usual whining point made by Heimdall...

Come again, why was my post whining, where I actually explained why I don't like Purslow compared to just accusing him of being on drugs, this place is surreal sometimes.

Have you got Alzheimer's or something ?

"budgeted for us becoming a mid-table team and budgeted for the relegation."

oh well ok, hands in the air :D  but I just don't like that guy.   :angry:

It has come to my attention that Purslow and Morgan told moores to sell to the yanks. Make of that what you will.

I didn't think Purslow had anything to do with Liverpool until Parry left. How the feck did Purslow tell Moores to sell to the Yanks?
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:39 pm

heimdall wrote:Doesn't surprise me in the least, As I said before I don't trust Purslow as far as I can throw him, utter slimebag corporate w@nker, met far too many pr1cks like him in my time.
Who is Morgan though?

Morgan is the tw@t that built my house. I have spent 20 years repairing all the cr@p materials and cheap shoddy work.

I wouldn't trust him to build a garden shed nevermind a football stadium.
account deleted by request

Postby made in UK » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:41 pm

s@int wrote:
heimdall wrote:Doesn't surprise me in the least, As I said before I don't trust Purslow as far as I can throw him, utter slimebag corporate w@nker, met far too many pr1cks like him in my time.
Who is Morgan though?

Morgan is the tw@t that built my house. I have spent 20 years repairing all the cr@p materials and cheap shoddy work.

:D  Serious Saint?

Hey since you reply  :D did you know anything about Purslow advising Moores to sell to the yanks?
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:45 pm

made in UK wrote:I didn't think Purslow had anything to do with Liverpool until Parry left. How the feck did Purslow tell Moores to sell to the Yanks?

This is from an ITK one who doesnt tell lies.

Steve Morgan was very vocal in his support for the American bid.

Indeed, aided by his city/financial advisor and fellow share holder Mr Christian Purslow. Allegedly.

Actually - there's no allegedly about it.

As the next biggest shareholder to moores he got a meeting with the two liars,to convince him to agree to sell his shares,they needed his shares and also his influence on some smaller investors to get the 95% needed for full takeover,there was no negative vibes coming from him or his advisers.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:03 pm

made in UK wrote:
s@int wrote:
Who is Morgan though?

Hey since you reply  :D did you know anything about Purslow advising Moores to sell to the yanks?

No mate, but it wouldn't surprise me. I think there is a lot more to Purslow than has come out so far. There are still strong rumours about his appointment being "suggested" by the banks.

BBC Sport Online examines what being placed in administration means for a football club.
What is administration?

It is a legal procedure that allows a business in financial trouble to keep operating without being forced to sell off assets to pay debts.

The aim is to give a company a breathing space in which it can restructure its finances and put its business on a sounder footing.

It is preferential to liquidation or receivership for a club in severe financial difficulties, because its legal purpose is "the survival of the company as a going concern".

Creditors will commonly favour a period of administration over a move directly to liquidation because there is a greater chance they will get all of their money back.

How does it happen?

A petition is made to a magistrates court by its creditors or, more often, its directors.

Before an administration order is granted, these parties must convince the court that the club is unable to pay its debts.

There is no requirement to inform supporters or the media until the administrator himself wishes to go public.

The administrator, usually a named individual at an accountancy firm, is appointed by the court.
But as it is the company that applies to the court for the administration order, it is quite likely that the court appoints the company's choice.

What does the administrator do?

He or she takes on the role of running the business with the aim of getting the club's creditors as much money as possible while keeping the club alive.

He will make a series of proposals regarding the company's future - such as a sale of assets like players.

What can the fans do?

There is no legal requirement for an administrator to take any notice of supporters' wishes.

But on a practical level, many administrators prefer to bear in mind the feelings of the fans.

In cases where fans have formed a single pressure group the administrator has often met with them to discuss his proposals.

How does a club start on the road to recovery?

When the objectives of the administrator have been met - satisfying the creditors and insisting on certain business practices - he will apply to the court for his release.

A Creditors Voluntary Agreement can also be used to get a club out of administration.

This is a debt restructuring proposal from the club to its creditors, a private agreement to pay off some of the money owed at a certain, mutually satisfactory, level.

The club should then be left as a solvent entity, in charge of its own finances and able to trade on - but many of its assets may have gone.

How bad can things get?

If restructuring is not successful, administrators will move to liquidate the company, selling off its assets to pay back creditors like banks and bondholders.

If all the debts are met and there is money left over, this is distributed among shareholders.
---------------------------------

Morgan may not of built my house personally, but his sh!thouse of a company did!

Postby TheLad » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Out of the Champions League. Out of the Premiership race. All before the end of November. Another fookin' shyte season. Well done one and all.

Oh, and nice touch bringing on Aquilani to shake a few hands just before the final whistle blows....well done Rafa

Hold on a second.. What would you prefer, being out of the CL in the next round (final 16), with no chance to bring home the silverware or winning the European League?
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:24 pm

Still gutted about beiing out of CL - lets go on and win the Europa League and FA Cup

YNWA
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:27 pm

TheLad wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Out of the Champions League. Out of the Premiership race. All before the end of November. Another fookin' shyte season. Well done one and all.

Oh, and nice touch bringing on Aquilani to shake a few hands just before the final whistle blows....well done Rafa

Hold on a second.. What would you prefer, being out of the CL in the next round (final 16), with no chance to bring home the silverware or winning the European League?

CL next round....... the Europa league has no credibility, even "powerhouse sides" like Fulham and Everton play their reserves in this one.

Its nothing like when we last won the UEFA CUP.

Like the League cup it has lost a lot of its former glitter and while it would be nice to win "something " this season, I would prefer the chance of winning something that mattered rather than something of "little importance".

Still a cup is a cup and not to be sneezed at so I think we should have a good go this year.

I suppose its like aiming for a top four place rather than going for the title. Its nice to get top four but it doesn't compare to actually winning the title.

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:31 pm

s@int wrote:Its nothing like when we last won the UEFA CUP.

We could potentially face Ajax, Anderlecht, Valencia, Hamburg, Sporting Lisbon, Roma, Galatasaray, Villarreal, Fenerbahce, Benfica, PSV Eindhoven and Werder Bremen.

Some of the Champions League teams who could drop into the Europa League include Bayern Munich, Marseille, Stuttgart and Atletico Madrid.

Hardly a meaningless competition whatever anyone says. I agree that finishing 4th is more important but whilst we're in a competition I'd rather have a decent crack at winning it, even if the financial rewards aren't there at the end.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:34 pm

Inter Milan could well be in the Europa League as well .
Benny The Noon

Postby made in UK » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:40 pm

s@int wrote:
made in UK wrote:
s@int wrote:
Who is Morgan though?

No mate, but it wouldn't surprise me. I think there is a lot more to Purslow than has come out so far. There are still strong rumours about his appointment being "suggested" by the banks.

BBC Sport Online examines what being placed in administration means for a football club.
What is administration?

It is a legal procedure that allows a business in financial trouble to keep operating without being forced to sell off assets to pay debts.

The aim is to give a company a breathing space in which it can restructure its finances and put its business on a sounder footing.

It is preferential to liquidation or receivership for a club in severe financial difficulties, because its legal purpose is "the survival of the company as a going concern".

Creditors will commonly favour a period of administration over a move directly to liquidation because there is a greater chance they will get all of their money back.

How does it happen?

A petition is made to a magistrates court by its creditors or, more often, its directors.

Before an administration order is granted, these parties must convince the court that the club is unable to pay its debts.

There is no requirement to inform supporters or the media until the administrator himself wishes to go public.

The administrator, usually a named individual at an accountancy firm, is appointed by the court.
But as it is the company that applies to the court for the administration order, it is quite likely that the court appoints the company's choice.

What does the administrator do?

He or she takes on the role of running the business with the aim of getting the club's creditors as much money as possible while keeping the club alive.

He will make a series of proposals regarding the company's future - such as a sale of assets like players.

What can the fans do?

There is no legal requirement for an administrator to take any notice of supporters' wishes.

But on a practical level, many administrators prefer to bear in mind the feelings of the fans.

In cases where fans have formed a single pressure group the administrator has often met with them to discuss his proposals.

How does a club start on the road to recovery?

When the objectives of the administrator have been met - satisfying the creditors and insisting on certain business practices - he will apply to the court for his release.

A Creditors Voluntary Agreement can also be used to get a club out of administration.

This is a debt restructuring proposal from the club to its creditors, a private agreement to pay off some of the money owed at a certain, mutually satisfactory, level.

The club should then be left as a solvent entity, in charge of its own finances and able to trade on - but many of its assets may have gone.

How bad can things get?

If restructuring is not successful, administrators will move to liquidate the company, selling off its assets to pay back creditors like banks and bondholders.

If all the debts are met and there is money left over, this is distributed among shareholders.
---------------------------------

Morgan may not of built my house personally, but his sh!thouse of a company did!

So Persie is the administrator then  :suspect:  :shifty  :nod
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby TheLad » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:40 pm

s@int wrote:
TheLad wrote:

CL next round....... the Europa league has no credibility, even "powerhouse sides" like Fulham and Everton play their reserves in this one.

Its nothing like when we last won the UEFA CUP.

Like the League cup it has lost a lot of its former glitter and while it would be nice to win "something " this season, I would prefer the chance of winning something that mattered rather than something of "little importance".

Still a cup is a cup and not to be sneezed at so I think we should have a good go this year.

I suppose its like aiming for a top four place rather than going for the title. Its nice to get top four but it doesn't compare to actually winning the title.

What's so desirable in going out in the next round? Winning the UEFA Cup is SILVERWARE, something we desperately need. When people want to see how much your club worth, you show them ALL of your silverware, Fa Cup CL, UEFA etc. I would love to add one (hopefully more) more cup to our already rich museum...
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:42 pm

made in UK wrote:So Persie is the administrator then  :suspect:  :shifty  :nod

it has been disgussed at length in the Yanks out topic, he dienied it when SoS asked him about it, but i dont believe him.
That piece saint put up sounds just like our current situation and not a coincidence.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games