DEBRECEN VS LIVERPOOL - Time to do a "bermenstein"

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:16 pm

Lee J wrote:so without the CPL funding does anyone reckon the yanks will get out now?

So long as people keep buying the jerseys, it might be academic to the overall finances:

Liverpool are rated ahead of Manchester United in shirt sponsorship.

According to a report by consulting firm 'Sport + Markt', Real Madrid raked in the most from shirt sponsorship in the past year to the tune of €25 million ahead of Liverpool and United.

For season 2008/09, the revenue generated by clubs in the top six European leagues (England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France and the Netherlands), from shirt sponsorship totaled € 395.5 million, only 2.3 million more than in the 2007/08 season, but still lower than the 2006/07 total which stood at 405.3 million.

The top five clubs for shirt sponsorship:

1. Real Madrid (Spain) - €25 million
2. Liverpool (England) - €22.5 million
3. Manchester United (England) - €21.5 million
4. Bayern Munich (Germany) - €20 million
5. Schalke 04 (Germany) - €12 million
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Liverpool Odds On To Miss Out On Top Four
Reds Evens to finish in top four, but.....
LIVERPOOL NOW 1/5 TO WIN NOTHING AS BENITEZ 6/4 FOR CHOP BY END OF SEASON
WILLIAM HILL make Liverpool odds on to FAIL to finish in the top four of the Premier Lesague this season - quoting them at 8/11 to finish 5th or lower and Even money 4th or higher. 'Rafa's confidence is impressive - but we're far from convinced that Liverpool will manage to finish in the top four' said Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe.
account deleted by request

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:04 pm

Just watching sky and im sure i cant remember sky doing all this headlines when the mancs didnt the make knockout stages finishing last and not even making the uefa cup.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:15 pm

TheLad wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
stmichael wrote:
Owzat wrote:What is worst about last night's result is not only going out so badly and so early, but suffering the ignomony of dropping into the drop out cup and having that as another potential distraction that could stop us getting back into the CL next season.

Not you aswell.

Yeah lets just fob it off now we're in it hey? We need to win something ffs.

St. dont we get in CL if we win it ? If so then yeah fecking hell we should be gunning to win it.  :cool:  :;):

no

feck it then focus on the league.

This cup is a joke imo you get no kudos as a football club for winning it.

Winning the UEFA Cup does get us to the CL next year. Just checked on the net.

Where did you check as thier seems to be nothing mentioned anywhere i have looked and it certainly has never happened before
Benny The Noon

Postby aCe' » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:16 pm

FCK the Uefa Cup.. play the backup and kids.. treat it like the carling cup... its not a competition worth winning.. i'd rather have the 11 or 12 good players we have focusing on the league and the FA cup to a lesser extent...

Have to make sure we get 4th spot, if we miss out to ManCity or Tottenham or even Villa they'll probably have the funds to improve their squads for next season to try and keep 4th spot... Add to that the better players who would be interested in CL football and maybe the players who wouldnt be interested in Uefa cup football deciding not to join us... Would be a disaster in footballing terms never mind financial ones...

Dont see what winning the Uefa Cup would mean to anyone.... if anything it would only mask the decline we've witnesses this year and give the pros more nonsense to add in the "why rafa is the best manager ever' list....
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:17 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Just watching sky and im sure i cant remember sky doing all this headlines when the mancs didnt the make knockout stages finishing last and not even making the uefa cup.

Would have rather we finished last than having to deal with the tedious Uefa cup especially with the new format...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:18 pm

It would mean winning a trophy which im sure is what we all want - we all loved it back in 2001 .
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:20 pm

aCe' wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Just watching sky and im sure i cant remember sky doing all this headlines when the mancs didnt the make knockout stages finishing last and not even making the uefa cup.

Would have rather we finished last than having to deal with the tedious Uefa cup especially with the new format...

we go straight into the knockout stage last 32 so if we went all the way would only play an extra two games . Its still a prestigous trophy to play for with some big trams still in there and maybe some more to come .

It wont be the big prize but its still a prize and every fan here would be cheering their heads of if we won .
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:26 pm

From some website or other :D

The central reason for the latest name changes has little to do with the format — the tournament already had a group stage, after all — but as a branding tool with UEFA taking over the sale of television rights for the entire tournament, instead of teams selling their own rights. With the central sale, UEFA has raised the value of the competition, which one supposes will also mean more prize money and thus more incentive for teams to take it more seriously.

What UEFA hasn’t done is managed to raise the meaning of it all to supporters across Europe; the tournament now seems as pointless to win as the Fairs Cup of the 1960s with the plethora of entry requirements and drawn-out groups stage. The tournament’s glory days of the 1970s and 1980s seem to be confined to the same dustbin as the name UEFA Cup.
                  -------------------------------
Doesn't mention CL qualification as one of the perks of winning it in any of the articles I have read either Benny.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:29 pm

I cant see it anywhere mate

Just looking at the money gained from it and if we do win it it woould equate to us getting to the quarters in the CL - 3 mil for winning it .

Plus we are still going to get money from the telly rights of CL plus money from the Europa Cup telly rights .

The question is will we sell the ground out for the home games - IMO yes
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:53 pm

I'm 99.99% certain that winning the Europa League/UEFA cup does not grant qualification for the following season's UCL. Hence Seville were nowhere to be seen in the 06/07 UCL draw even though they won the 05/06 UEFA cup.

I really can't understand why, if people were p!ssed off at our Carling cup exit, that this should be dismissed as a pointless competition. To win it, we'd have to face consistently tougher opposition than we would have needed to win the Carling cup....possibly even the FA cup. It also comes as no surprise that those who used to try and diminish our achievements under Rafa with the line "...but Houllier won more trophies" are now dismissing perhaps the most prestigious of those trophies as being 'of little importance'.
LFC2007

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:57 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I'm 99.99% certain that winning the Europa League/UEFA cup does not grant qualification for the following season's UCL. Hence Seville were nowhere to be seen in the 06/07 UCL draw even though they won the 05/06 UEFA cup.

I really can't understand why, if people were p!ssed off at our Carling cup exit, that this should be dismissed as a pointless competition. To win it, we'd have to face consistently tougher opposition than we would have needed to win the Carling cup....possibly even the FA cup. It also comes as no surprise that those who used to try and diminish our achievements under Rafa with the line "...but Houllier won more trophies" are now dismissing perhaps the most prestigious of those trophies as being 'of little importance'.

I for one will be happy if we went on and won the thing - yes it would be consolidation prize not one of the big ones but its still a major trophy and i hope we win it . And i bet every fan will be cheering and celebrating if we do win it .

Didnt seville win the UEFA cup two years in a row ? so they must not of got qualification into the CL
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:05 pm

I said I would rather still be in the CL than win the Europa cup. I don't think that is dismissing it? Ask any of the teams in the Europa cup which competition they would rather be in ....

A cup is a cup even a little one is better than nothing, but its not going to be at the top of my wish list.

Like the League cup its importance has diminished with the growth of the CL. Now we have 4 teams that qualify for the CL, so its no longer seen as a "major" achievement to qualify for the UEFA/Europa cup or even to win it.

As I said before its shiny and we are in it so we may as well win it. Which is more or less how I feel about it. A good day out for the fans and we finally get a trophy...... its not all bad (as long as we dont get knocked out) 

TBH I don't think we can be too choosy what cups we win when we have won nothing for three years.

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:10 pm

s@int wrote:I said I would rather still be in the CL than win the Europa cup. I don't think that is dismissing it? Ask any of the teams in the Europa cup which competition they would rather be in ....

A cup is a cup even a little one is better than nothing, but its not going to be at the top of my wish list.

Like the League cup its importance has diminished with the growth of the CL. Now we have 4 teams that qualify for the CL, so its no longer seen as a "major" achievement to qualify for the UEFA/Europa cup or even to win it.

As I said before its shiny and we are in it so we may as well win it. Which is more or less how I feel about it. A good day out for the fans and we finally get a trophy...... its not all bad (as long as we dont get knocked out) 

TBH I don't think we can be too choosy what cups we win when we have won nothing for three years.

yep agree - i dont think anyone is wanting us to win it over still being in the CL . I think every single person would rather still be in the CL but we are out now and we have to do a bit of damage limitation - winning fa cup/europa cup would help .
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:13 pm

It was just the idea that this wasn't a trophy that 'mattered', that was all.

"it's shiny and we are in it so we may as well win it."

Lyric  :nod
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games