DEBRECEN VS LIVERPOOL - Time to do a "bermenstein"

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:22 pm

Lets face it..........Bermenstein has been kidnapped by aliens. He is not coming back. So we need someone to step up to the plate. And that person is me.........  :buttrock . And what a moment to step up, pick the easiest game we have this season :wwww

Seriously......if we lose to Debrecen i will not start any threads in this forum again. Thats how confident i am of winning against the hungarian team.

Well.....here's the lineup i want.

Reina
  Johnson   Carra   Agger/Skertel  Auerlio
   Babel   Lucas    Mascherano   Benayoun
                         Gerrard
                          Torres

1)I thought babel looked lively when he played all of his 15 mins..... so i shall start with him...give him more games (if he is not injured). Lets see what he can do. If riera is fit..obviously he gets ahead. But the last time he started a game after being out for so long.....he got injured again. So maybe....we should ease him back.

2)Lucas and mascherano - Yeah...i am picking these 2 as i have 2 wingers who don't really track back at all. As for aquaman...well its the same senario as with Riera. He hasn't started a game for us now... So better not to risk him (especially at hungary...not sure how their pitch is in the 1st place).

3)Drop Insua - He needs a break

4)Drop Kuyt........Emerald Red (who normally doesn't agree anything with my posts)..thinks Kuyt needs to be dropped. It is now pretty obvious that Kuyt is really off-form. Lets not add to his misery by playing him against a team which will be parking the bus. If we were playing against attacking wingers and fullbacks...kuyt might do a decent job. But against an average team.....Kuyt looks average.

5)I think Benitez is saving torres for this match (this is just my hunch)...If he is still injured..then lets continue with Ngog.

We should win by 2 goals and I will have single-handedly stopped our winless streak by starting this thread.   :bowdown
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:21 pm

:laugh:
good stuff
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:31 pm

I think we need to win this one by at least 4 goals.

Reina
Johnson          Carra         Agger           Aurelio

Masch       
              Aquilani               Gerrard

Benny           N'gog           Riera   

I think this line up will supply both the needed creativity and the defensive stability we need.  4-0
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:32 pm

The Rock   :bowdown
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:33 pm

s@int wrote:I think we need to win this one by at least 4 goals.

Reina
Johnson          Carra         Agger           Aurelio

Masch       
              Aquilani               Gerrard

Benny           N'gog           Riera   

I think this line up will supply both the needed creativity and the defensive stability we need.  4-0

yea i'd go with that lineup... maybe have Kuyt up there instead of N'gog but it wouldnt make much of a difference i guess...
im going for a 3-1...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:03 am

hmm, anyone knows where Bermyy is for real? he hasnt posted in ages.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby only me » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:06 am

What we need is a miracle at Florence - We need Lyon to Draw to keep our dreams alive.

I'll settle for a minimal win as i don't see us trashing anyone with current fitness and performance.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:47 am

First of all we need to score 4 goals without conceeding any,
Usually I would be optimistic and say we will turn this around, but I cannot see where the next win is going to come from, everytime we take the lead the defence fecks up, its got to stop its really getting pathetic now.

The team has no confidence what so ever, its more than just a blip and things need to change as soon as possible its been a terrible start to the season, and the highs from last season make it feel ten times worst.
there is something seriously wrong at the club at the momment Ive never known a run like it even when the chips have been down in the past, they have never been this bad.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:12 pm

Ciggy wrote:First of all we need to score 4 goals without conceeding any,
Usually I would be optimistic and say we will turn this around, but I cannot see where the next win is going to come from, everytime we take the lead the defence fecks up, its got to stop its really getting pathetic now.

The team has no confidence what so ever, its more than just a blip and things need to change as soon as possible its been a terrible start to the season, and the highs from last season make it feel ten times worst.
there is something seriously wrong at the club at the momment Ive never known a run like it even when the chips have been down in the past, they have never been this bad.

Agreed its heartbreaking at the minute...we look a shadow of our former selves! :(

I think we can score 4 but Im not sure we can keep a clean sheet the way we are playing! :no
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:36 pm

I know this is probably a stupid question, but why have we got to win by four?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:02 pm

If Lyons and Fiorentina draw, we have to beat Fiorentina at home by 3-0 to go through on the head to heads, ..... if we only win 2-0 it will then go to goal difference. I just thought it was easier to score a few goals against Debrecen than to win 3-0 against Fiorentina. (ever the optimist  :D  )e.g. Fiorentina draw against Lyon they will have 10 points and a goal difference of 5. If we beat Debrecen 4-0 we will have 7 points and a goal difference of 2. If we then beat Fiorentina by 2-0 we will be level on points and in the head to heads but will have a better goal difference of 4 to 3 

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Lyon        4 3  1 0 8 2  6 10
2 Fiorentina 4 3 0 1 11 6  5  9
3 Liverpool   4 1 1 2 3 5  -2  4
4 Debrecen   4 0 0 4 5 14 -9 0

No matter what happens Lyons are through as they have 10 points and a better head to head than us.

If Fiorentina beat Lyons, they are through as well no matter what happens against us..

If Lyons beat Fiorentina we just need to win both of our games to go through.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby made in UK » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:48 pm

s.hit so if the Italians win we're out regardless. I may watch that match instead and become a Lyon fan for the night. :(
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:54 pm

We need a miracle to get through this group, personally I'll be very surprised if Fiorentina don't batter Lyon, partly because Lyon are already through and prob won't risk their best players and secondly because Fiorentina are a much better team and are playing at home.
heimdall

Postby TheLad » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:43 pm

We are :censored:, there is only a minor chance for us to go trough. But miracles do happen (Istambul:) ) so no choice but keeping the faith...
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:52 pm

I think Lyon will win.

Lots of people on rawk are saying that Aquilani will be starting this match so at least we will get to finally see him  :laugh:

If we do get knocked out though, I can see us winning the Euro cup. Better than nothing i guess.
Fauxy

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games