DEBRECEN VS LIVERPOOL - Time to do a "bermenstein"

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby shawnk » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Lee J wrote:fuk off - fuk right off!  it's a chance to win something this season so we should really get behind the team and hope to god we do go on and win it.

if you think we shouldn't be taking it seriousley then your a retard.

Sorry, we dont have Fowler anymore.
shawnk

Postby shawnk » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:44 pm

stmichael wrote:
heimdall wrote:
stmichael wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:We are better than the UEFA Cup or whatever poxy guise it now goes under...

our "performances" in the CL would suggest otherwise. most of our displays would have seen us struggle in the europa league aswell.

are you saying that you don't want us to take the competition seriously then?

Bloody hell has it really reached the stage where we are happy to settle for europa league football, well in that case we can sell Stevie and Nando in January, clear our debts and become a mid table team, woo hoo.   :down:

Nobody's happy. What I'm saying is we should deal with the fact we are in it, want to do as best we can and win the damn thing. I just don't understand fans who say they'd want to go out of this at the earliest opportunity or couldn't give a damn about it.

If I'm Rafa, I would start preparing for next season. Experience new things out as much as he likes, new formation, try new young lads, different position for the players (move Agger to midfield?!) and what not. And keep the senior players fit for World Cup experience. Just like in a League Cup.
shawnk

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:16 pm

heimdall wrote:
Lee J wrote:fuk off - fuk right off!  it's a chance to win something this season so we should really get behind the team and hope to god we do go on and win it.

if you think we shouldn't be taking it seriousley then your a retard.

Was that abusive lanaguage directed at me?

not really, unless your of the mind that we shouldn't bother trying in this competition, then I guess it is.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:18 pm

Let's put our two 1-0 wins over Debrecen into perspective, they've picked up nil pwa and conceded FIFTEEN GOALS in five games

Debrecen 0-4 Lyon
Debrecen 3-4 Fiorentina
Debrecen 0-1 Liverpool

Lyon vs Debrecen
Fiorentina 5-2 Debrecen
Liverpool 1-0 Debrecen

So everyone but us scored four in Hungary, Lyon and Fiorentina have scored 13 goals in three games with the last fixture set to be a reserve team for Lyon having qualified. What is worst about last night's result is not only going out so badly and so early, but suffering the ignomony of dropping into the drop out cup and having that as another potential distraction that could stop us getting back into the CL next season.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:29 pm

Owzat wrote:What is worst about last night's result is not only going out so badly and so early, but suffering the ignomony of dropping into the drop out cup and having that as another potential distraction that could stop us getting back into the CL next season.

Not you aswell.

Yeah lets just fob it off now we're in it hey? We need to win something ffs.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dazzer » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:42 pm

stmichael wrote:
Owzat wrote:What is worst about last night's result is not only going out so badly and so early, but suffering the ignomony of dropping into the drop out cup and having that as another potential distraction that could stop us getting back into the CL next season.

Not you aswell.

St. dont we get in CL if we win it ? If so then yeah fecking hell we should be gunning to win it.  :cool:  :;):
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:42 pm

We are in it, we may as well win it.  Given the choice I WOULD PREFER US TO STILL BE IN THE CL, but as we have no choice, its a cup, its shiny and it may as well be ours as someone elses.

Like winning the league cup saved Houllier, maybe winning this will save Rafa ?
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:45 pm

Dazzer wrote:
stmichael wrote:

Not you aswell.

St. dont we get in CL if we win it ? If so then yeah fecking hell we should be gunning to win it.  :cool:  :;):

no
JoeTerp

Postby Dazzer » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:48 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
stmichael wrote:

Not you aswell.

no

feck it then focus on the league.

This cup is a joke imo you get no kudos as a football club for winning it.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:04 pm

Ciggy wrote:
made in UK wrote:I didn't think Purslow had anything to do with Liverpool until Parry left. How the feck did Purslow tell Moores to sell to the Yanks?

This is from an ITK one who doesnt tell lies.

Steve Morgan was very vocal in his support for the American bid.

Indeed, aided by his city/financial advisor and fellow share holder Mr Christian Purslow. Allegedly.

Actually - there's no allegedly about it.

As the next biggest shareholder to moores he got a meeting with the two liars,to convince him to agree to sell his shares,they needed his shares and also his influence on some smaller investors to get the 95% needed for full takeover,there was no negative vibes coming from him or his advisers.

Hold on a minute, nobody forsaw what was going to happen when the yanks came in, I dont remember anyone on here warning of the dire consequenses. So what if Morgan promoted H&G, he tried and failed to get hold of LFC and wanted to maximise his investmest, anyone would. IMO, I reckon they wanted to start a bidding war but did not know that DIC saw it as an afront to them and pulled.

Mistake? yes big mistake but you cannot crucify them for that. Everyone was taken in by H&G and their empty promises and corporate bullsh1t.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:19 pm

so without the CPL funding does anyone reckon the yanks will get out now?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:27 pm

Lee J wrote:so without the CPL funding does anyone reckon the yanks will get out now?

No, this massive loss that the media is going on about is nonsense. In fact if we win the Europa we would have actually gained more money than what we did in the champions league last year.

If we dont finish fourth at the end of this season.. then we will loose a lot of funding but i still cant see the yanks going.  :down:

But im pretty confident we can finish fourth
Fauxy

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Fauxy wrote:
Lee J wrote:so without the CPL funding does anyone reckon the yanks will get out now?

No, this massive loss that the media is going on about is nonsense. In fact if we win the Europa we would have actually gained more money than what we did in the champions league last year.

If we dont finish fourth at the end of this season.. then we will loose a lot of funding but i still cant see the yanks going.  :down:

With the squad we have now ? Come on, dry your eyes mate...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:45 pm

Fauxy wrote:

Do you have any facts or figures to back this up becuase I simply do not believe what you and Purslow are saying that the Europa cup is as profitable as the CL. If that is the case then what is the big deal about being in the CL every year?
heimdall

Postby TheLad » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:52 pm

Dazzer wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
stmichael wrote:

Not you aswell.

no

feck it then focus on the league.

This cup is a joke imo you get no kudos as a football club for winning it.

Winning the UEFA Cup does get us to the CL next year. Just checked on the net.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games