C Palace Vs Liverpool  31/03  12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:57 pm

Tricky win but they all count. Get rested now boys until the big showdown on Wednesday. I'm concerned about TAA v Sane, that night.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:58 pm

maguskwt » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:17 pm wrote:TAA is a feckin liability... probably on par with moreno...

Don't want to crush the lad, but although he looks exceptional going forward with some masterful crosses into the box his defensive awareness is sadly lacking.

Right now he's an attack minded wing back who needs some serious tuition on the defensive part of his game.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:00 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:58 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:17 pm wrote:TAA is a feckin liability... probably on par with moreno...

Don't want to crush the lad, but although he looks exceptional going forward with some masterful crosses into the box his defensive awareness is sadly lacking.

Right now he's an attack minded wing back who needs some serious tuition on the defensive part of his game.

That will come in time, with experience :nod
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:05 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:58 pm wrote:

Needs to bulk up too as he gets knocked off the ball far too easily for me. He'll come good.

Not sure what Sakho and Benteke's excuses are though. They looked woeful  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:00 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:58 pm wrote:

That will come in time, with experience :nod

:Oo:

No doubt, given "Time and Experience" the lad will improve.

BUT , how much time can we afford to give him as part of the starting eleven ?

Don't get me wrong, I think this lad has a great future in front of him BUT right now in crucial games in our back four he's the weakest link.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:33 pm

Is their any other option? Clyne is our starting RB when he is healthy..Gomez is out..Not a lot more to choose from..I wouldn't drop Milner to the RB again..Trent is ok he isn't a Moreno.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:39 pm

I can't see Clyne playing on Wednesday now, you'd think if he was going to feature midweek then Jurgen would have given him at least 45 mins today.
If United and Palace can exploit Trent's inexperience then you can bet your bottom dollar that City will as well.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:39 pm

Thought it was a GREAT win in a difficult venu against an unexpected team which is in relegation battles.

Ref was horrible but so was Benteke:)

We had some terrible moments on defence but held it together and scored 2 great goals as a result of well built plays.

Lallana is pretty much out for the season.

Super important win.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:48 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:20 pm wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I think this lad has a great future in front of him BUT right now in crucial games in our back four he's the weakest link.

Klopp has no choice unfortunately, as Clyne and Gomez are both sidelined.

I wouldn't play him versus City TBH, as I think he will get whooped by Sane.

But who else right now?  :glare:
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:28 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^

Fair question, given the state of the squad we we're left with few options for today's game .

My comment was not about today's selection, (that probably sailed over your head) it was more about TAA's current DEFENSIVE abiltiy at RB.

:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:31 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:28 pm wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^

Fair question, given the state of the squad we we're left with few options for today's game .

My comment was not about today's selection, (that probably sailed over your head) it was more about TAA's current DEFENSIVE abiltiy at RB.

If Stu was still around, he'd probably say something along the lines

'if TAA hasn't f*((king learnt the basics of defending at 19, he never f&*(king will'  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:01 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:31 pm wrote:

'if TAA hasn't f*((king learnt the basics of defending at 19, he never f&*(king will'  :D

Has Trent been a defender all his career though? He may have been a right sided MF player in his youth team days or a CM or something.
I'm not going to lie I'm dreading Wednesday's game, when the draw first happened I was initially quite bullish about our chances but I assumed that Gomez or Clyne would be fit enough to play against Sane, as I said in an earlier post if United and Palace both managed to exploit Trent's defensive frailties then you can bet your bottom dollar that a team with the offensive firepower of City are going to be able to do it as well.
Keeping a clean sheet at Anfield is absolutely critical as well, if I was Jurgen I'd be seriously tempted to with 3 at the back on Wednesday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:06 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:39 pm wrote:I can't see Clyne playing on Wednesday now, you'd think if he was going to feature midweek then Jurgen would have given him at least 45 mins today.
If United and Palace can exploit Trent's inexperience then you can bet your bottom dollar that City will as well.

Not much point in looking at the negatives at this point. Our hand can't be changed now...
---
So the real question is, how do we prevent $hitie from making those long balls over the top and exploiting AA?
'We' won't have the answers but I'm confident JK will!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:11 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:48 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:20 pm wrote:

Klopp has no choice unfortunately, as Clyne and Gomez are both sidelined.

I wouldn't play him versus City TBH, as I think he will get whooped by Sane.

But who else right now?  :glare:

May be not in the first (home) leg...
But it wouldn't surprise me if JK went 3 at the back and 5 across the midfield for the 2nd leg, providing we are not chasing the tie.
This may take some of the direct pressure away from AA as he will have cover in front and behind him...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:01 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:31 pm wrote:

Has Trent been a defender all his career though? He may have been a right sided MF player in his youth team days or a CM or something.
I'm not going to lie I'm dreading Wednesday's game, when the draw first happened I was initially quite bullish about our chances but I assumed that Gomez or Clyne would be fit enough to play against Sane, as I said in an earlier post if United and Palace both managed to exploit Trent's defensive frailties then you can bet your bottom dollar that a team with the offensive firepower of City are going to be able to do it as well.
Keeping a clean sheet at Anfield is absolutely critical as well, if I was Jurgen I'd be seriously tempted to with 3 at the back on Wednesday.

Just wrote this... But the game at Anfield may well decide the outcome of the whole tie.
The way JK believes in his philosophy, he will more than likely go for goals at Anfield come what may. Which means sticking to his attacking philosophy.
---
The 2nd leg... could be a whole different ball game.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games