LIVERPOOL v Crystal Palace Sun 8th Nov

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:04 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:42 am wrote:johnbarnes -  good post mate, basically You'll never walk alone no longer applies. Klopp has said as much yesterday.

sad times

What makes it even worse mate is that one of the main reasons Jurgen decided to choose a club like ours over one of the financially doped outfits like City or Chelsea or one of the leviathans like Madrid or Bayern was the supposed *ahem* loyalty and passion of our fans.
What happens though? First sign of a defeat and half the stadium bales out with 10 minutes to go. Embaressing.
YNWA indeed.

And if we're not careful it will only get worse once the new main stand opens with its £10,000 season tickets, Champagne and 'Prawn Cocktail Sandwiches'.
Roy Keane saw this coming over a decade ago and was laughed at!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:19 pm

johnbarnes » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:16 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:04 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:42 am wrote:johnbarnes -  good post mate, basically You'll never walk alone no longer applies. Klopp has said as much yesterday.

sad times

What makes it even worse mate is that one of the main reasons Jurgen decided to choose a club like ours over one of the financially doped outfits like City or Chelsea or one of the leviathans like Madrid or Bayern was the supposed *ahem* loyalty and passion of our fans.
What happens though? First sign of a defeat and half the stadium bales out with 10 minutes to go. Embaressing.
YNWA indeed.

And if we're not careful it will only get worse once the new main stand opens with its £10,000 season tickets, Champagne and 'Prawn Cocktail Sandwiches'.
Roy Keane saw this coming over a decade ago and was laughed at!

Money has ruined the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:14 pm

A lot of those fans are still majorly upset with the way things panned out under Rodgers. Klopp (and the club) need to win the hearts and minds of the supporters and Klopp being appointed doesn't change much in their eyes - and why should it - 25 years without a title....? What a joke.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:31 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:17 am wrote:Klopp said he felt alone after 82mins as hundreds of Liverpool fans left their seats and headed for the exits.

I hope he's exaggerating there.
tonyeh

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Reg » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:14 pm wrote:A lot of those fans are still majorly upset with the way things panned out under Rodgers. Klopp (and the club) need to win the hearts and minds of the supporters and Klopp being appointed doesn't change much in their eyes - and why should it - 25 years without a title....? What a joke.

Yep! After the last managerial attempt by FSG they have got their work cut out to convince many of the fans that the team is worth while shouting about.
With no real attempt to replace the world class players we had.
Having being the first club to throw away the rem title.
Having bowed out of Europe's elite competition with a whimper not a bang.
Even the most loyal of red, must be disheartened to see their $$$$ being thrown away like it has.
In KLOPP I trust, but there is no quick fix.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:40 pm

johnbarnes » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:44 am wrote:
Yes, modern day culture has entered the club.
The type of fans that made Anfield special can no longer afford weekly tickets. We may have kept the name Anfield but the atmosphere has been sold out. This is one seriously difficult issue to tackle and how the club react off the field is just as important as its reaction on the field.
WE MUST now re-learn how to 'Sing when we're losing.' The culture in this country has become narcissistic; the individual only cares for themselves and not the greater care for others.
Whilst the team wins, the fan will 'big up' the win and let all their online non-existing friends know about it. When the team loses we run for cover. It's not just LFC, it's not just football it's a sickness throughout the country.

Last week was a prime example; Even online we (I include myself as I don't feel it's good to alienate people) could not resist the temptation to 'Big Ourselves Up' after beating Chel$ki, a team who is insignificant to us as a club. But have successfully brought us too their level, with their week by week football analysis and non-expertise opinions sponsored by Sky Sports Snooze. WE AS LFC fans have bought into this too and after the Chel$ski game, deep down I thought we would lose at home against CP last night. I never want to see my team lose, but the euphoric  reaction of our fans was as though we had won something special. We hadn't WE WON 3 POINTS - That's all - and we move on to the next game. So our reaction has its affect on the team - This I have no doubts about. As fans we need to re-learn:

The league is a marathon - not a sprint
We are as good as our last game - and this should not be taken for granted
If LFC lose - we all lose
Sing your heart and lungs out in support of the team!
Sing when we are losing - Louder than when we are winning!
Keep away from Sky Sports week by week analysis and critic
Look at the league table after 10 games and not before because it is irrelevant

As like society, the sense of being responsible as adults has been lost. My generation has allowed the younger generation to run around like $plit ar$ed fools with nothing in their heads but a sense of 'I have no talent but I can get rich quick too, because I'm sooooooo special - Like a Kardashian! F#$K EM!

We have a responsibility to teach the youngsters - However, LFC is a business.

So how can this be achieved within an institution that has sold out to the $$$$ because of the need for financial sustainability?
^^^^ answer the above and I'm sure FSG will give you a season ticket for life.
----
Sorry for the long rant, but modern day culture and its sense of reality slackness, really does my head in.[/color]

There's no "upvote" or "thanks" feature on this site (thank f*ck). So I'll just say

:buttrock
tonyeh

Postby redshade » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:38 pm

tonyeh » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:31 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:17 am wrote:Klopp said he felt alone after 82mins as hundreds of Liverpool fans left their seats and headed for the exits.

I hope he's exaggerating there.

Maybe in Germany fans are more loyal than us lot here....hmmm
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:58 pm

He's right, it always hurts me when I see the fans leaving the stadium before the final whistle. Klopp was definitely disappointed by that sight, I think he expected us to be different. He's a passionate man and he needs the fans to lift him more than any other manager. It's not going to happen with this atmosphere. 

However, things would have been very different if the tickets had a normal price.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:07 am

johnbarnes » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:40 am wrote:
Reg » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:14 pm wrote:A lot of those fans are still majorly upset with the way things panned out under Rodgers. Klopp (and the club) need to win the hearts and minds of the supporters and Klopp being appointed doesn't change much in their eyes - and why should it - 25 years without a title....? What a joke.

Yep! After the last managerial attempt by FSG they have got their work cut out to convince many of the fans that the team is worth while shouting about.
With no real attempt to replace the world class players we had.
Having being the first club to throw away the rem title.
Having bowed out of Europe's elite competition with a whimper not a bang.
Even the most loyal of red, must be disheartened to see their $$$$ being thrown away like it has.
In KLOPP I trust, but there is no quick fix.

I could be cynical and say that Klopp is just the next phase on the merry-go-round. And in reality.....  :oh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:08 am

I'm sorry going 2-1 down with 10 minutes still to go and to leave is a disgrace.  :no

Klopp has every right to be annoyed at our "fans" and so called "support".

Under the previous gimp, we had every right to act in that way as he was given more than enough time to prove himself and failed miserably.

But shiny tooth's flaws and abject failure should NOT be used now that there is genuine hope and we have a world class manager trying his absolute hardest to stop a sinking ship.

Reg, I can't understand you fella. In one thread you are heaping praise on these yanks for bringing in Klopp and in the post above you are being cynical and saying that Klopp is just another turn on the Liverpool merry-go-round.   ???

Come January they will need to back him in the transfer market. It's that f**king simple, if they can't or won't. They need to f**k off......
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:16 am

I clicked the imaginary 'like' button on your post eds.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:44 am

There is no need to leave before the final whistle.
There are thousands of fans who would love to have a seat inside anfield who cant because they cant afford it or because tickets sell out so quickly

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:07 am

Eds,

First, I think the current owners have done a great job, even though they held onto BR too long. My view on the owners isn't going to change because of a manager's inability to do the job despite being given the funds to do so.

Maybe I expressed myself badly but my despair on the managers front is looking at the list of managers we've had since we last won the league when Kenny stepped down in 1991, we haven't had the right guy in charge to bring about success. Rafa is the only decent manager we've had since 1991:

From     To
Graeme Souness 16-Apr-91 28-Jan-94
Roy Evans                 31-Jan-94 12-Nov-98
Roy Evans & GED      16-Jul-98 12-Nov-98
Gérard Houllier        16-Jul-98 24-May-04
Rafael Benítez        16-Jun-04 03-Jun-10
Roy Hodgson         01-Jul-10 08-Jan-11
Kenny Dalglish         08-Jan-11 16-May-12
Brendan Rodgers 01-Jun-12 04-Oct-15

Rafa was crippled in his last year of management by the H&G fiasco which until Klopp walked through the door means we haven't had a decent manager for 6 years.

This ties in with fans leaving the stadium early and a lack of atmosphere. The fans are fed up mate and I'll tell you something else, if the general malaise permeates overseas, then the offshore fan base and their much needed income will sense it and move on also.

The club need to work extra hard to win back the hearts and minds as fans not welcoming anew manager and leaving a game early suggests there is a massive problem.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:36 pm

Reg » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:07 am wrote:Eds,

First, I think the current owners have done a great job, even though they held onto BR too long. My view on the owners isn't going to change because of a manager's inability to do the job despite being given the funds to do so.

Maybe I expressed myself badly but my despair on the managers front is looking at the list of managers we've had since we last won the league when Kenny stepped down in 1991, we haven't had the right guy in charge to bring about success. Rafa is the only decent manager we've had since 1991:

From     To
Graeme Souness 16-Apr-91 28-Jan-94
Roy Evans                 31-Jan-94 12-Nov-98
Roy Evans & GED      16-Jul-98 12-Nov-98
Gérard Houllier        16-Jul-98 24-May-04
Rafael Benítez        16-Jun-04 03-Jun-10
Roy Hodgson         01-Jul-10 08-Jan-11
Kenny Dalglish         08-Jan-11 16-May-12
Brendan Rodgers 01-Jun-12 04-Oct-15

Rafa was crippled in his last year of management by the H&G fiasco which until Klopp walked through the door means we haven't had a decent manager for 6 years.

This ties in with fans leaving the stadium early and a lack of atmosphere. The fans are fed up mate and I'll tell you something else, if the general malaise permeates overseas, then the offshore fan base and their much needed income will sense it and move on also.

The club need to work extra hard to win back the hearts and minds as fans not welcoming anew manager and leaving a game early suggests there is a massive problem.

I think you can also add the way FSG treated King Kenny left a bitter pill for most to swallow. KK's 2nd coming wasn't the worst thing to have happened at LFC in the time frame mentioned and I still think he was seriously unlucky especially his team in front of goal. We all watched as they culled him. If you are a 30+ year old this would have been a knife through the heart. In fact, the evidence is clearly still around. FSG, dug a hole with KK who if had been treated differently could now be called upon to get everyone on the same page like he did when he replaced the owl. But FSG would look pretty stupid if they did so now.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:07 pm

Roy Evans wasn't the worst manager either, his team's played good stuff and he never finished lower than fourth, unfortunately back then though only the top two qualified for the CL.
In his 4 seasons in sole charge he finished third twice and fourth twice and when you look back at it that era was pretty stacked, United had arguably the best side in their history (Giggs, Cantona, Schmeichel, Keane, Ince, Kanchelskis etc) and Jack Walker bankrolled Blackburn to the top of the English game in Roy's era as well.
Newcastle were flying under Keegan at the time (Roy actually f**ked them up for the title) and then you had Arsenal and Chelsea who were rising forces too.
Ironically one of the years we finished fourth we went very close to winning the title, we were neck and neck with United coming down the home straight but fell apart in the last couple of weeks, even then going into the last game we were in second place 3 points clear of the teams in third and fourth with slightly better goal difference than them as well, unfortunately we got hammered by 3 or 4 goals in that final game and those two teams won big, we ended up on the same points as the second and third placed teams but lost out on the CL by goal difference. That was the infamous 'fourth in a two horse race' season.
But for a freakish set of last day results Roy's record would have read - 2nd, 3rd, 3rd and 4th and given the competition in that era that is more than respectable, what sunk Roy though was the pressure to get into the CL.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games