Liverpool Vs Woys Palace 19/01 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:02 pm

damjan193 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:59 pm wrote:f*ck sake that was nerve wrecking. But we got there, we won, and that's all that matters.

Have to wait 10 days for the next game, but at least the boys will get a much deserved rest.

The break has come at the right time.

The lads need a rest and we need time to take stock and reorganise things in the defense with injuries clearly causing problems.

Hopefully Gomez will be back for our home match with Leicester, but I have a feeling their manager will be gone and their team will be fired up.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:07 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:02 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:59 pm wrote:f*ck sake that was nerve wrecking. But we got there, we won, and that's all that matters.

Have to wait 10 days for the next game, but at least the boys will get a much deserved rest.

The break has come at the right time.

The lads need a rest and we need time to take stock and reorganise things in the defense with injuries clearly causing problems.

Hopefully Gomez will be back for our home match with Leicester, but I have a feeling their manager will be gone and their team will be fired up.

Absolutely mate, will miss the football but we need to rest up, in Dubai I believe.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:08 pm

Great result. Blooming hard work. Credit to CP they are very difficult to play against. Hendo excellent today. Shaq made a difference when he came on.

Who said we don’t need to buy a dedicated right back ?? Sorry Lallana but today was a clear example f what RBG was talking about.

We move on.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:12 pm

Sorry but any right back would have got roasted today the mood Zaha was in , Clyne has been picked apart by worse - no one would have got near him , sometimes maybe we should give credit to Zaha for his play. But Matip was poor today - didn’t help Milner out at all, Zaha also ripped Walker are new ***** in the City match. Club still won’t be bringing in a right back

60 points right now with still 45 left to play for , 11 days break with players coming back , Palace always a tough game but we got past it
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:18 pm

Three goals conceded is poor form for title contenders whichever way you look at it
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:27 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:18 pm wrote:Three goals conceded is poor form for title contenders whichever way you look at it

But we are grinding out the results, and that's what title contenders do when things don't go according to plan...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:27 pm

How on earth did crystal palace score 3 goals with 30% possession? For the first time this season, our defence looked like last season's.

And we are playing James Milner as RB cause we fecjed off a very good RB in Clyne...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:31 pm

Crack is starting to show with injuries to key players...don't think we would concede 3 with our first choice defence...but we keep picking up 3 points so can't be too arsed but concerned nevertheless
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:35 pm

Palace are raising their game against the top sides and have some very talented players. Thankfully we got a few breaks of the ball and our attacking power got us over the line. Difficult afternoon fair play to Palace.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:57 pm

maguskwt » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:27 pm wrote:How on earth did crystal palace score 3 goals with 30% possession? For the first time this season, our defence looked like last season's.

And we are playing James Milner as RB cause we fecjed off a very good RB in Clyne...

Mate 3 out of our 4 were pure luck...lets not complain..

Playing Milner with no help was a tactical mistake by Klopp..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:08 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:18 pm wrote:Three goals conceded is poor form for title contenders whichever way you look at it

City conceded 3 at home against Palace as well. Only difference is we won and they lost.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:19 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:12 pm wrote:Sorry but any right back would have got roasted today the mood Zaha was in , Clyne has been picked apart by worse - no one would have got near him , sometimes maybe we should give credit to Zaha for his play. But Matip was poor today - didn’t help Milner out at all, Zaha also ripped Walker are new ***** in the City match. Club still won’t be bringing in a right back

60 points right now with still 45 left to play for , 11 days break with players coming back , Palace always a tough game but we got past it

I agree we probably won’t buy a dedicated right back but sending Clyne out and leaving us exposed is looking like a bad decision. I am not Clyne’s biggest fan but I am sure as an experienced right back he would have coped better than Milly. Using a makeshift right back against somebody like Zaha is asking for trouble. I think Fabinho would have been a better option. As you said Walker struggled and we seemed to ignore that.

The important thing is we won the game and we go into a 10 day break on a high. Good to see your mate Hendo having a good game as well !!  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:23 pm

Only heard it on the wireless but it sounded like a frustrating afternoon. The team pretty much picked itself today but we should have been better prepared to cope with them as in not leaving Milner on his own against Saha. He is their biggest threat and it sounded like we let him run at us time and time again.

Anyway we got through it and have maintained our 7 point advantage so all is good. We have a bit of a break now so time to get a few players back and get ready to go again as the games will be coming thick and fast.

Well in reds!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:28 pm

devaney » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:19 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:12 pm wrote:Sorry but any right back would have got roasted today the mood Zaha was in , Clyne has been picked apart by worse - no one would have got near him , sometimes maybe we should give credit to Zaha for his play. But Matip was poor today - didn’t help Milner out at all, Zaha also ripped Walker are new ***** in the City match. Club still won’t be bringing in a right back

I agree we probably won’t buy a dedicated right back but sending Clyne out and leaving us exposed is looking like a bad decision. I am not Clyne’s biggest fan but I am sure as an experienced right back he would have coped better than Milly. Using a makeshift right back against somebody like Zaha is asking for trouble. I think Fabinho would have been a better option. As you said Walker struggled and we seemed to ignore that.

The important thing is we won the game and we go into a 10 day break on a high. Good to see your mate Hendo having a good game as well !!  :laugh:

Maybe Klopp should have waited until the end of the window then let him go but when you look at the amount of games Clyne played you can see why he went , Milner was left exposed one on one against him and many are going to struggle with that against Zaha - i agree that Fabinho would have been a better option than Milner but Matip imo was really poor today and looked rusty and just didn’t communicate with Milly - the dropping deep for the first goal was poor

But TAA will be back for the next game so no worries - big win

And yep Hendo had a quality game , no nonsense in the tackle , Sharp with his passing but the main thing was his head - calm , assured and kept the players going - captains performance
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:44 pm

Are we talking about the same Zaha here? When I suggested he might be worth buying in the transfer thread you basically laughed at the idea and said he wasn't anything special. now you're waxing lyrical about him!
The deficiencies in Clynes game are all going forward, defensively he's the best RB at the club and whilst he too may have had his hands full with Zaha today he wouldn't have been taken to the cleaners to the extent Milner was.
Klopp rolled the dice when he let Clyne go out on loan but he won, he/we got lucky today but show me a title winning side that hasn't ridden their luck.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games