LIVERPOOL v Crystal Palace Sun 8th Nov

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:08 pm

Reg » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:58 pm wrote:Even I can see the clock is reading 92+ minutes. If you want to beat the crowd and traffic you have to make a swift  exit and it was even worse when Anfield held 56,000+. How long did it take to get a bus down to Scottie Road and into the centre in those days lads??

In those days most of the crowd lived within walking distance of the ground, town is only a 20 minute walk from Anfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:24 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:08 pm wrote:
In those days most of the crowd lived within walking distance of the ground, town is only a 20 minute walk from Anfield.

:wwww  Christ Yakka are you a professional athlete ?   :D

Distance from Anfield to city centre is approx 3 miles cover that at a walk in 20 mins and you'd qualify for the Olympic speed walking event   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:33 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:24 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:08 pm wrote:

:wwww  Christ Yakka are you a professional athlete ?   :D

Distance from Anfield to city centre is approx 3 miles cover that at a walk in 20 mins and you'd qualify for the Olympic speed walking event   :D

If you walk towards Robson street and up Mere Lane then cut through Everton park you wouldn't be far away from the edge of town in 20 minutes, you'd certainly get to Graty anyway. It might be 3 miles from Anfield to the Pier Head via the major road routes but if you go as the crow flies to the edge of town it's probably half that distance. Maybe 20 minutes to town itself is pushing it but put it this way the city centre to Anfield (or visa versa) is certainly walkable, I've done it loads of times.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:35 am

If you walk towards Robson street and up Mere Lane then cut through Everton park you wouldn't be far away from the edge of town in 20 minutes

That's a good route yakka, but not sure I'd want to use it on a dark wet winters night with me old lady stumbling along behind me    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:49 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:35 am wrote:
If you walk towards Robson street and up Mere Lane then cut through Everton park you wouldn't be far away from the edge of town in 20 minutes

That's a good route yakka, but not sure I'd want to use it on a dark wet winters night with me old lady stumbling along behind me    :D

Fair point mate  :D
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games