Liverpool Vs Woys Palace 19/01 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:08 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:28 pm wrote:
devaney » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:19 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:12 pm wrote:Sorry but any right back would have got roasted today the mood Zaha was in , Clyne has been picked apart by worse - no one would have got near him , sometimes maybe we should give credit to Zaha for his play. But Matip was poor today - didn’t help Milner out at all, Zaha also ripped Walker are new ***** in the City match. Club still won’t be bringing in a right back

60 points right now with still 45 left to play for , 11 days break with players coming back , Palace always a tough game but we got past it

I agree we probably won’t buy a dedicated right back but sending Clyne out and leaving us exposed is looking like a bad decision. I am not Clyne’s biggest fan but I am sure as an experienced right back he would have coped better than Milly. Using a makeshift right back against somebody like Zaha is asking for trouble. I think Fabinho would have been a better option. As you said Walker struggled and we seemed to ignore that.

The important thing is we won the game and we go into a 10 day break on a high. Good to see your mate Hendo having a good game as well !!  :laugh:

Maybe Klopp should have waited until the end of the window then let him go but when you look at the amount of games Clyne played you can see why he went , Milner was left exposed one on one against him and many are going to struggle with that against Zaha - i agree that Fabinho would have been a better option than Milner but Matip imo was really poor today and looked rusty and just didn’t communicate with Milly - the dropping deep for the first goal was poor

But TAA will be back for the next game so no worries - big win

And yep Hendo had a quality game , no nonsense in the tackle , Sharp with his passing but the main thing was his head - calm , assured and kept the players going - captains performance

Matip had a good game no idea whats your dig at him..Actually your man Hendo should have helped Mili and not Matip which was miles away in a different position..BTW Hendo cost Mili his 2nd yellow..Not saying Hendo had a bad game but to blame others for your boy mistakes is pretty low
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:21 pm

With these sort of wins it just makes one think are we destined for glory. Very happy with the 3 points however gutted we conceded 3. We really need Gomez back along with TAA. Thought we did ok today but sloppy at times. Keita is underperforming but I'm hoping he will get better.

Salah they say "One season wonder". Top of the scorer charts.

A good 10 day break now which is just what we need. Lads will get some sun in Dubai and reorganise. The last few games we've played have not been easy.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:26 pm

only me » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:08 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:28 pm wrote:
devaney » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:19 pm wrote:
I agree we probably won’t buy a dedicated right back but sending Clyne out and leaving us exposed is looking like a bad decision. I am not Clyne’s biggest fan but I am sure as an experienced right back he would have coped better than Milly. Using a makeshift right back against somebody like Zaha is asking for trouble. I think Fabinho would have been a better option. As you said Walker struggled and we seemed to ignore that.

The important thing is we won the game and we go into a 10 day break on a high. Good to see your mate Hendo having a good game as well !!  :laugh:

Maybe Klopp should have waited until the end of the window then let him go but when you look at the amount of games Clyne played you can see why he went , Milner was left exposed one on one against him and many are going to struggle with that against Zaha - i agree that Fabinho would have been a better option than Milner but Matip imo was really poor today and looked rusty and just didn’t communicate with Milly - the dropping deep for the first goal was poor

But TAA will be back for the next game so no worries - big win

And yep Hendo had a quality game , no nonsense in the tackle , Sharp with his passing but the main thing was his head - calm , assured and kept the players going - captains performance

Matip had a good game no idea whats your dig at him..Actually your man Hendo should have helped Mili and not Matip which was miles away in a different position..BTW Hendo cost Mili his 2nd yellow..Not saying Hendo had a bad game but to blame others for your boy mistakes is pretty low

You really do a problem - Matip was the one playing Zaha onside for the first goal , he dropped deep on the line when others pushed up and left Zaha onside - wtf does that have to do with Henderson - Matip and Milner didn’t work as a pair , no communication between but they got through it and we won

What mistake exactly is it do you think I’m putting the blame on others instead of Henderson’s mistake ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Well my old ticker stalled a few times today,defence was all over the shop and Matip was a disgrace ,slow to react ,poor in the tackle and wandered out of position way too many times than is comfortable in a race for the title,I felt sorry for the Big Dutchman earlier what kind of defensive partner watches on whilst their fellow CB is blocked off without covering that position to deter a goal bound header ,even the manager sent Henderson over to give him a rocket.

I'm delighted we won but our attack pulled us out of the Sh*t as the confidence and poise at the back we have shown in recent games completely dissipated. Fabinho was man of the match for me,either him or Salah who run like a man possessed in that second half,Henderson had a good game,Keita needs help and a great deal of patience if he's to become as pivotal to our game as we first believed he would.

Anyway,three massive points and a huge win but Klopp wont be happy with the scoreline,just glad we quietened the Palace away fans when Bobby slotted because they were getting rowdy  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:01 pm

I see Henderson getting stick on some sites for a loose pass that seen Milner lunge for the ball,only I'm pretty sure it was Firmino who hit the pass that led to his dismissal  :glare:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:04 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:01 pm wrote:I see Henderson getting stick on some sites for a loose pass that seen Milner lunge for the ball,only I'm pretty sure it was Firmino who hit the pass that led to his dismissal  :glare:

Nope, it was Hendo, the ball went past Firmino but it clearly wasn't meant for him.

But people are awful sometimes, Hendo clearly had a good game, even his critics would agree, but some people will look for stick to beat him with just to aprove their agenda against him. I'm not in Lallana's ship, I'm not Hendo's biggest fan, but some fans treat him like he's the worst player ever while the guy gives 110% in every game. Very disrespectful towards our own player.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:38 pm

Any more games like that and I don’t think Bernard Sheridan will reach the 105 mark
Franky000

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:45 pm

damjan193 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:04 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:01 pm wrote:I see Henderson getting stick on some sites for a loose pass that seen Milner lunge for the ball,only I'm pretty sure it was Firmino who hit the pass that led to his dismissal  :glare:

Nope, it was Hendo, the ball went past Firmino but it clearly wasn't meant for him.

But people are awful sometimes, Hendo clearly had a good game, even his critics would agree, but some people will look for stick to beat him with just to aprove their agenda against him. I'm not in Lallana's ship, I'm not Hendo's biggest fan, but some fans treat him like he's the worst player ever while the guy gives 110% in every game. Very disrespectful towards our own player.

It was Henderson mate ,just had it confirmed on MOTD,I honestly thought it was Bobby ,but it turns out the lads in the Kop were fuming with Bobby letting the ball run through and not taking the pass instead of Milner.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:59 pm

Not many Liverpool sides over the last 30 years would have turned that one around, by hook or by crook we managed to do it which is exactly what top sides do.
We need to get Gomez and Trent back though, Palace's goals looked soft to me, last thing we need is to start conceding goals like that when there's a run in looming up on the horizon. Our challenge this year has been built mainly on the back of our defence, we need it to hold firm.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:31 am

damjan193 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:08 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:18 pm wrote:Three goals conceded is poor form for title contenders whichever way you look at it

City conceded 3 at home against Palace as well. Only difference is we won and they lost.

That's #Character on display here...that "never say die" attitude that (hopefully) will carry us a long way, deep into unchartered enemy territories  :buttrock
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:37 am

Won't be around for the next 2 games as I will be travelling...different timezone blah blah, unless any of our US based pals here who could advice me where I could catch our games in NYC? specifically around Midtown Manhattan? Thanks
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:39 am

Gini was missed today as he does a lot of the shitty work. Not sure Trent would have done much better against Zaha and Milly did create the goal that led to a goalkeeping error and Mo hurling himself in to the back of the net such is his desire to get goals and win games.

I’ve moaned about our midfield when Hendo, Milly and Gini  play together because they are not creative and boringly defensive. Perhaps today demonstrated just how difficult they make it for the opposition to score goals and how much they help our defence. A midfield of Hendo, Gini and Fab could well be the answer. Unfortunately I don’t think Keita is ready to start games and he should be regarded as a work in progress for next season. I just hope he isn’t another Marco who yesterday could probably have done a better job than Keita. In hindsight Shaq probably should have started.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:57 am

You really do a problem - Matip was the one playing Zaha onside for the first goal , he dropped deep on the line when others pushed up and left Zaha onside - wtf does that have to do with Henderson - Matip and Milner didn’t work as a pair , no communication between but they got through it and we won

What mistake exactly is it do you think I’m putting the blame on others instead of Henderson’s mistake ?

Matip wasn't playing anyone onside...you are just making stuff as you go..Milner made a mistake moving into the center when he started tracking back to the line it was already too late..Zaha got the ball had tons of space and did his thing..No idea what you want from Matip their..Matip or any other CB for that matter isn't tasked with helping the RB..This should have arrived from one of the MF..It was Klopp decision not to provide extra coverage although i though Hendo had this task...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:41 pm

It wasn't a good game the defence looked shaky and conceded 3 goals, bad all over, luckily Mane secured the three points!
I feel the players were feeling the pressure of M. City's chase to close the gap, however, they themselves are not playing that well too, the other teams are giving them easy games!.

Good luck lads
algymoon

Postby devaney » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:55 pm

It wasn't a good game according to the resident loony !!!!!  7 goals and a shedload of character on display to get the 3 points. Great game. More of the same please.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext