BENFICA VS LIVERPOOL - Thursday 1st april 20.05 k.o

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby DrPepe » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:20 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
DrPepe wrote:Whatever problems  everyone has over defensive/lucas/benitez selections, its usually been a succesful  policy to keep it tight in the first/away leg,  then bring 'em back to anfield for a pasting!

Didnt happen when we played them in the champions league last time.
They beat us 1-0 at their ground and then won at anfield as well.

We need to go for it imo.
They are a side that are good at going forwards and if we try and defend i think it would be a mistake.
Lets go there and try and attack them at a high tempo, get a goal or two and make the game at anfield easier.

:D there is a middle ground, which is a controlling game and hitting them on the counter with fast attacking players
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:47 am

Same team as Sunderland, but i doubt we will see Aqua in for Maxi ( inelligable )sp? Although would Rafa be tempted to stick benny into the starting line up?

Lucas will be back to shore up that midfield, which is probably the right descision. Contain them and maybe get a goal on the break suits our style with Lucas in the team. With Gerrard and Torres back in form and Babel ina good place recently we certainly got a good chance of grabbing an away goal.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:29 pm

DrPepe wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
DrPepe wrote:Whatever problems  everyone has over defensive/lucas/benitez selections, its usually been a succesful  policy to keep it tight in the first/away leg,  then bring 'em back to anfield for a pasting!

Didnt happen when we played them in the champions league last time.
They beat us 1-0 at their ground and then won at anfield as well.

We need to go for it imo.
They are a side that are good at going forwards and if we try and defend i think it would be a mistake.
Lets go there and try and attack them at a high tempo, get a goal or two and make the game at anfield easier.

:D there is a middle ground, which is a controlling game and hitting them on the counter with fast attacking players

They already know that because we're predictable. Remember the last time we played them, just before the 1st leg match, their asst.manager did mention in the media that they knew how we play and at the same time describing what we usually do to other teams... they succeed..
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby centarec » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:33 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/aquilani-out-of-euro-clash
Wtf is wrong with Aquaman ? He is more injury prone than my 70 year old grandma
centarec

Postby rocky29 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:46 pm

just heard aqua not playing 2moro. what is it this time another virus? no ankle injury in training. what a loads of bananas. how many times now the day before a big game has rafa come up wiv some excuse hes not playing. Told u alot awhile ago hes goin to juventus but none of u believe me. We will see whos right wont we?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:19 pm

rocky29 wrote:just heard aqua not playing 2moro. what is it this time another virus? no ankle injury in training. what a loads of bananas. how many times now the day before a big game has rafa come up wiv some excuse hes not playing. Told u alot awhile ago hes goin to juventus but none of u believe me. We will see whos right wont we?

Its been worth you getting out of bed today hasn't it mate? You must be exhausted.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:00 pm

Aqualinni has not traveled ,ankle injury.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TomG » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:47 pm

Hope to be an exciting match with some nice football.
The stadium will be full and with a great ambience but it´s a pity that Liverpool will only bring about 1000 supporters...What happened? :suspect:

It´s funny to see Carragher in the starting-eleven... I remember one thing that happened the last time Benfica and Liverpool met. Ronald Koeman gave precise instructions of closing down on Carragher whenever he had the ball - supposedly he would became nervous and lose the ball...well it happened precisely as this in Anfield and Benfica scored a goal... :D

Cheers!
Good luck for tomorrow!
Last edited by TomG on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomG

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:54 pm

Whats so funny about Carra in the starting eleven , i dont get that ,  ??? 
Carragher nervous :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:55 pm

TomG wrote:Hope to be an exciting match with some nice football.
The stadium will be full and with a great ambience but it´s a pity that Liverpool will only bring about 1000 supporters...What happened? :suspect:

It´s funny to see Carragher in the starting-eleven... I remember one thing that happened the last time Benfica and Liverpool met. Ronald Koeman gave precise instructions of closing down on Carragher whenever he had the ball - supposedly he would became nervous and lose the ball...well it happened precisely as this in Anfield and Benfica scored a goal... :D

Cheers!
Good luck for tomorrow!

Was that the same Koeman who managed PSV and talked a lot of :censored: about us a few years ago? When we put 3 past them home and away? He likes to talk too much that Koeman.

I predict a Torres brace.  :cool:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby benfica5 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:02 pm

Hey guys!
I am the portuguese and benfica fan.
Like you want to be in the final league europe,If you do not know our team is very different from 2006, I think better!
Luisão scorer is not as judge, scores 2 goals in regular season games in the most decisive: D
We have only 1 loss this season, but the team starts to feel fatigue.
Our striker Cardozo is currently top scorer in Portugal.
Simão is no longer with us: (
Aimar not know if I will play as his deputy, Carlos Martins is in very good shape, scored a fantastic goal for Porto in the league cup final.
David Luiz is better than ever, great cuts and is very hard!
But you have a great team, he wanted to have a Torres like you.

Good luck tomorrow!
But I also want to be in the final: D
benfica5

Postby Kerry07 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:10 pm

Not looking foward to this. If Aquilani, Aurelio and Maxi were all available rather than lucas, insua and kuyt, id be confident. So assuming lucas starts, Benfica will pass it around our midfield for fun, while Insua is facing a class act on the wing that will skin him.

I'd be delighted to come away with a 2-1 loss.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby TomG » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:17 am

bavlondon wrote:
Was that the same Koeman who managed PSV and talked a lot of ... about us a few years ago? When we put 3 past them home and away? He likes to talk too much that Koeman.

I predict a Torres brace.  :cool:

Yes, it was that Koeman... :D
TomG

Postby Greavesie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:57 am

Kerry07 wrote:Not looking foward to this. If Aquilani, Aurelio and Maxi were all available rather than lucas, insua and kuyt, id be confident. So assuming lucas starts, Benfica will pass it around our midfield for fun, while Insua is facing a class act on the wing that will skin him.

I'd be delighted to come away with a 2-1 loss.

FFS do we really have to listen to more of this drivel?  :no
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Scottbot » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:04 am

I've got an unusual feeling about this tie, I'm actually feeling pretty confident! For the first time in I can't remember how long, we played with a real swagger on Sunday and Ifancy us to get out of Portugal with a decent result tonight.

I'm going for 1-1.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games